• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo Potentiators?

so what are the big ones for klonopin?
Big ones what, you mean klonopin potentiators? Everything said about benzo's and potentiating it can all be applied to klonopin. I like to advise against potentiating already highly potent benzo's like klonopin is one, because what to do when you already get the max amount of klonopin with max potentiating? The potential withdrawal from the max 20 mg klonopin what still can be diagnosed and those 20 mg's potentiated is horrendous and very lethal luckily it only rarely happens that somebody gets an amount like that, but it happens to treat epilepsie and one day i decided i wanted to try this benzo so i see my doc who knows shit about benzo's and therefore simply gave me 8 mg an amount equal to 160 mg diazepam whereas the same doc would not give me more then 30 mg diazepam.
Well at the time i considered it bad luck now i know i was lucky to find out that clonazepam would not act on me regardless of the dose similarly to lorazepam and lormetazepam they dont act on me for an unknown reason.
Alprazolam does act on me, but these high potency benzo's its nearly impossible to get rid of and then some people even like them potentiated well i can fully imagine that as i did myself only NEVER with one of the high potency benzo's so if you have the luxury then its better to take more from a weaker benzo then potentiating an already very potent one.
My current benzo of choice with potentiating is 75 mg oxazepam together with 900 mg lyrica as without the latter no chance to feel 75 mg oxazepam, but oxazepam is one of the weakest benzo's together with chlordiazepoxide(librium) with the difference that oxazepam can deliver a buzz whereas librium wont atleast not to me regardless of the dose. Librium though is very nice as benzo to use to get or keep tolerance low enough, but if you have a say clonazepam habit then only if you take no more then three times a day 0.5 mg then 30 mg diazepam or 75 mg chlordiazepoxide will help you and relieve withdrawals if you happen to have a similarly sized alprazolam habit though then straight away diazepam substitution wont be enough, the xanax has to go slowly and te diaz has to come in in the right speed. Excuse me for typo's i cant write very well i need my methadone and the benzo, but in time also english aint my native language so bare with me a little.
Obviously i realize that most people dont have the luxury to use different benzo types so it happens that at some point you find that 6 mg xanax a day is not enough anymore still xanax remains to be effective there where most benzo's stop doing that, but especially against panic attacks xanax happens to be efficient longer and better then other benzo's provided you stick to the prescribed dose. If you can avoid xanax do it lateron you can count your luck.
If desired anyway this thread should deliver a ton of info if you like to potentiate your benzo so i better shut up here.

I suggest you break that up into paragraphs so that others can read it ;)

so what are the big ones for klonopin?
Big ones what, you mean klonopin potentiators? Everything said about benzo's and potentiating it can all be applied to klonopin.

I like to advise against potentiating already highly potent benzo's like klonopin is one, because what to do when you already get the max amount of klonopin with max potentiating?
The potential withdrawal from the max 20 mg klonopin what still can be diagnosed and those 20 mg's potentiated is horrendous and very lethal luckily it only rarely happens that somebody gets an amount like that, but it happens to treat epilepsie and one day i decided i wanted to try this benzo so i see my doc who knows shit about benzo's and therefore simply gave me 8 mg an amount equal to 160 mg diazepam whereas the same doc would not give me more then 30 mg diazepam.

My doc thought that clonazepam a weak benzo is, because when i saw him and put in my request this doctor told me that they use clonazepam wirh baby's and young kids who get the benzo administered for epilepsie and it sounds weird, but often kids get higher dosed then adults with certain drugs. An amount of the weak oxazepam like four pills being 200 mg yeah why not they started rather fast instead of usually having to wait for theor onset of action.

Well at the time i considered it bad luck now i know i was lucky to find out that clonazepam would not act on me regardless of the dose similarly to lorazepam and lormetazepam they dont act on me for an unknown reason.

Alprazolam does act on me, but these high potency benzo's its nearly impossible to get rid of and then some people even like them potentiated well i can fully imagine that as i did myself only NEVER with one of the high potency benzo's so if you have the luxury then its better to take more from a weaker benzo then potentiating an already very potent one.

My current benzo of choice with potentiating is 75 mg oxazepam together with 900 mg lyrica as without the latter no chance to feel 75 mg oxazepam, but oxazepam is one of the weakest benzo's together with chlordiazepoxide(librium) with the difference that oxazepam can deliver a buzz whereas librium wont atleast not to me regardless of the dose.

Librium though is very nice as benzo to use to get or keep tolerance low enough, but if you have a say clonazepam habit then only if you take no more then three times a day 0.5 mg then 30 mg diazepam or 75 mg chlordiazepoxide will help you and relieve withdrawals if you happen to have a similarly sized alprazolam habit though then straight away diazepam substitution wont be enough, the xanax has to go slowly and te diaz has to come in in the right speed. Excuse me for typo's i cant write very well i need my methadone and the benzo, but in time also english aint my native language so bare with me a little.

Obviously i realize that most people dont have the luxury to use different benzo types so it happens that at some point you find that 6 mg xanax a day is not enough anymore still xanax remains to be effective there where most benzo's stop doing that, but especially against panic attacks xanax happens to be efficient longer and better then other benzo's provided you stick to the prescribed dose.
If you can avoid xanax do it lateron you can count your luck.

Xanax i believe comes with the warning not to use it with grapefruitjuice so that combination ups the xanax so double it's acting time.
Anybody thinks that benzo's are good anti depressants or not at all ? Tramadol for example its a weak painkiller with about 1/10 the strength of codeine opiate wise, but tramadol does a few things more like preventing the reuptake from monoamines and that translates itself into that tramadol is a painkiller who also thought about saving some cost, needless.till this was never investigated until a little time ago.

Cimetidene. Grapefruit juice does nothin exxcept maybe make xanax more sedating IME...juice tastes good though lol.

'Nothing' cannot be applied when grapefruit juice makes xanax more sedating. I dont know precisely, but i expect a benzo like alprazolam to be dealt with by your cyp p-450 enzyme system so since grapefruit juice does lower the amount of break down enzymes so xanax acts longer and stronger or longer or stronger take your pick.
Thanks whomever put my first reply here in a better to read format i am still messing with trying to reply here with mainly my reply vanishing so i copy my text to forget the space between my words.

Cimetidine is a substance who also slows down the cyp enzyme system so substances who rely on this breakdown mechanism will act longer if you take cimetidine atleast an hour upfront in a sized dose so for example methadone will act longer with cimetidine use, its sold as tagamet this one and OTC in my country if i dont mistake here, but it lowers stomach acidity. Juice you say? You mean methadone? If you do mean methadone then once i had your cherry flavoured type it's taste is horrible imo, but suppose you like to take say 3 mg less methadone so lets say you have to get 57 mg to pick some number, but can those dosing computers deliver amounts like that?
Here methadone comes in 2mg/mil so i need to swallow 80 mils of fluid whereas that amount would equal 800 mg in the US. So far.

yeah nothing in my opinion for benzo potentiation is more sedation...need it to last longer..lasting longer is not nothing. Lasting longer is something

I do grapefruit juice mixed with some vodka but I wouldn't advice this.
Try taking on a empty stomach sublingually, and drink grapefruit juice 30 minutes before.

Do you drink the grapefruit juice the same time as the Valium? Or do you drink the juice first and if so how long before do you drink it before taking the Valium. I wonder if grapefruit juice works on clonazepam?

Haven't read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned, but the other day I discovered that Disulfiram (antabuse) is contraindicated with benzos due to inhibiting metabolism. From personal experience I can say that there's definitely something to it. Not that taking a drug like disulfiram is a wise idea. It's pretty nasty stuff.

Phenibut is a great Potentiator for Opiates & Benzos.

Its even been know to have a good synergy with Piracetam.

When I had a script for a whole year of Tagamet 600mg pills, I never needed to buy benzos online and I was fine with my script of 60x10mg a month of Valium. Ever since I have to supplement and got an extra script of 30mg temazepam caps (30 a month). I'm currently forcing myself to only take less than 20mg a day most days lately, I'd like a Tagamet 600mg (second strongest strenght available) script again, but my stomach issues are gone and in the long run it was going to cause more problems than help.

As for SSRI's, I'd rather have a gun to my head than have to take those hellish compounds ever again, longest I held was 5 months on Paxil and it made me a manic crazy violent mofo.That's why the psy doc finally abandoned his intense lobbying over me trying them.

I'm copied this from a Gabapentin thread:

I forgot Gabapentin potentiates benzos. I staggered it yesterday, then took my benzos and my high was super strong. I could hardly keep my eyes open. I lost track of time too.

I texted this guy and he said he was getting ready for work. I was like "It's late for you isn't it?" He wondered what I was talking about. I thought it was 6 pm, but it was 6 am. He must think I'm nuts.

So just remember it makes your benzos like twice as strong. Caution should be used.

There is a difference between potentiation and synergism, I don't really think that gabapentin or lyrica potentiate the benzodiazepines (just as opiates don't potentiate benzos) they probably just increase CNS depression, I could be wrong though.

Any opiate or opiod will enhance the benzo sadetion and hypnotic effects. codeine and dihydrocodeine are the most easey too get in the UK and if you start with a small about say a quarter of your usial benzo dose and 30-45mg of dihydrocodeine or 60-90 mg of normal codeine be very careful while using painkillers as benzo potentiators or vise versa tho sometimes the result is too much and unenjoyable get it right tho can save a lot of both

Last edited: