• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo not working with full stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

royerlraph79

Bluelighter
The paper says that it can be taken with or without food, but when I take my Clonazepam with food it has little to no effect at all! Is it normal?? Also, if I want to take the pill sublingually, do I wait until the pill is completely disolved and then I can swallow the spit?

Most drugs are usually weaker if you have a full stomach. Maybe try it with a half full stomach next time? And then eat after the effects come in. As for sublingual, keep it under your tounge until it completely dissolved, hold it there a little longer and then swallow

Most drugs are usually weaker if you have a full stomach. Maybe try it with a half full stomach next time? And then eat after the effects come in. As for sublingual, keep it under your tounge until it completely dissolved, hold it there a little longer and then swallow
Thanks! I already tried with half full stomach and its effect is reduced by half as well :/ I also tried to take the pill until I start to feel its effect (about 45 minutes) and then I ate and its effect faded a short time afterwards…

I am not sure why everyone has such a problem with benzos and having a full stomach. I feel them the same regardless of my stomach contents. The only thing I have found helps make benzos stronger as far as what you eat or drink, is grapefruit juice. I have seen so many posts on this lately, especially referring to klonopin and having an empty/full stomach. I don't know, everyone is very different when it comes to benzos more so than other drugs it seems, and how they are affected by them. how many mgs of clonazepam are you taking OP?

Are you being prescribed this benzo by a doctor? Because if you are you could bring this up to him at your next appointment and maybe he will raise your dosage or provide help to better experience the drug

I am not sure why everyone has such a problem with benzos and having a full stomach. I feel them the same regardless of my stomach contents. The only thing I have found helps make benzos stronger as far as what you eat or drink, is grapefruit juice. I have seen so many posts on this lately, especially referring to klonopin and having an empty/full stomach. I don't know, everyone is very different when it comes to benzos more so than other drugs it seems, and how they are affected by them. how many mgs of clonazepam are you taking OP?
I'm currently taking 1.5mg PRN and thanks for the advice I'll try it out!

Are you being prescribed this benzo by a doctor? Because if you are you could bring this up to him at your next appointment and maybe he will raise your dosage or provide help to better experience the drug
Yes I'm being prescribed my benzo by my doctor, but why would she raise the dose because of that? When my stomach is empty it works well

Valium's prescribing info indicates a possible loss of 20% of the drug with a fatty meal. Though, I can't recall ever reading this about any other benzos. Perhaps it hasn't been thoroughly studied. Read the FDA package insert for clonazepam and see what it has to say.

As mentioned, different people have very different responses with food vs. no food.

OP, I think you've answered your own question..

When my stomach is empty it works well

Just take it on an empty stomach then..

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.