• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Benzo + alcohol, how dangerous for me personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persian

Greenlighter
EDIT: Sorry BL. I totally should have read the rules before I posted. I'm pretty sure a topic like this doesn't belong here. It would belong in BDD right? Can a mod move it please?

If I take a 2 mg kpin on a moderate tolerance (taken one a few times a week) and drink a 24 oz beer would I be ok? I mean I expect to be not completely functional but I don't want to blackout or vomit or do some dumb shit.
Even though I'm a 5'6" or 5'7" 140 pound male, I feel like I have a pretttyyy high tolerance for drugs in general.

I'm guessing I shouldn't drink any more than a 24 oz beer on 2mg of kpin?

Help me out Bluelight, ya'll know what's up. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
It's best not to combine both benzos and alcohol as you do run the risk of black outs. There are people who combined the two in very low amounts, and they blacked out, and they were not new to these drugs and had a tolerance to both or either. Just take either a benzo or alcohol on their own, but don't combine them or take with opiates. If you have herb a lot of people like to smoke while they drink, or after they take a benzo.

It really depends on your tolerance to alcohol, seeing as you're sticking to your normal Klonopin dose. However, I will tell you this. I have a massive hereditary alcohol tolerance (usually drink an entire large bottle and don't feel much euphoria, have cleared 40s of liquor etc) and had/have an insane benzo tolerance from benzo abuse. Haven't been able to black in over half a year, I've done 30mg etiz and remembered everything. The other day I had 5mg etizolam and 2.5 my clonazolam (the RC that is several times stronger and notorious for causing blackouts) combined at the same time, in addition to even more GABAerics. I'm just, I have the tolerance of an elephant.

Anyway, the other night I had some red wine, and my daily morning taper dose of etizolam (1mg) and once glass had me feeling pretty good, the second glass had me feeling VERY good, a 3 would probably have had me straight drunk. I've been tapering on benzos but the tolerance there is permanent, and my alcohol tolerance really is hereditary, I've always needed 5-7 drinks to really get where I wanted.

So what I'm saying is yes, with a HEAVY tolerance, it can be a safe combo, otherwise you should drink extremely slowly and see where it takes you. I was taken aback honestly, can't feel either alcohol or benzos at any reasonable dosage but this combo had me flying and talking to everyone. Another thing is that I'm a very low-key drunk, i.e. The kind that doesn't get in trouble or embarrass themselves. With 2, not a big deal, just very chatty. If I had had somewhere closer to 5 I could see disinihibition becoming a big problem. Point is, look at where my tolerance stands and what tiny amounts I need. 1mg etizolam is basically equivalent to 1mg Xanax, combined with 2 large glasses of wine, and was more than content with that. My new favorite combo lol. BUT don't go in with the goal of finishing or chugging then don't, take small sips, you'll feel how hard they hit. As soon as you lose basic inhibitions, time to stop.

Last edited:
Imo it's never save to combine CNS depressants, especially benzos tend to fuck you up without you noticing. So worst case you take the clonazepam and drink a beer, don't realize that you're already pretty fucked up, take more, black out completely and do something stupid

Agreeing with kleinerkiffer on this one. Alcohol & benzodiazepines are both CNS depressants which means at any dose, respiratory depression is likely to happen. Not to mention you could black out and end up taking way more Klonopin than you planned to and wake up not remembering the night. Klonopin is good on it's own, and so is beer. Take the two separately.

As your question has been answered, I'm going to close this so nobody sees this and assumes it's a good idea. :)

Reopening temporarily as requested by shadowstryker for his input on this experience.

If you stay on your average benzo dosage and just add a single beer, you will be fine. It is true that 2 depressants can be dangerous together, but I don't think a single beer can do any harm.

If you stay on your average benzo dosage and just add a single beer, you will be fine. It is true that 2 depressants can be dangerous together, but I don't think a single beer can do any harm.

While it's unlikely with a tolerance one beer could lead to decreased inhibition and this could lead to another beer or more benzos and this could lead to a black out

It can cause respiratory arrest. Your CNS can only handle so many signals at once.

While it's unlikely with a tolerance one beer could lead to decreased inhibition and this could lead to another beer or more benzos and this could lead to a black out

Definitely agree. And when you reach the point of blacking out, who really knows what will happen.

I do not recommend that anyone mixes alcohol and benzos. It doesn't matter how much of each you are taking, do not mix it at all. Benzos are probably my the only drug I've found that I give the utmost respect to when using. To the point that that I've had 80mg Etizolam sitting around for over a month and only used it a few times, and never more than a quarter pill each time.

I mixed alcohol and benzos. Once. It started with 3 shots of vodka and 1mg of Etizolam (equivalent of 1mg Xanax). It ended with my friend finding me in my basement unresponsive. He called my parents and they too found me unresponsive. I didn't physically wake up until over 12 hours later I was told. All I remember is waking up in a rehab with a 24hr hole in my memory. I was scared, confused, and had no idea what happened. Didn't find out until the friend who found me visited over a week later. Apparently I drank a fifth of vodka and took 43.5mg Etizolam that night. So yeah please please PLEASE do not mix alcohol and benzos. They do not mix well at all and you will do some stupid shit that you would t remember if you even live through it. That amount of alcohol and benzos...fuck I should be dead right now.

Be safe. I'd only do it a home though. Don't want it sneaking up on you in public.

It's obviously best not to mix alcohol and benzos.

In your situation, I'll be honest, your at no legitimate risk of dying from that, or it causing any significant damage. Frankly, even blacking out or being overly intoxicated by that dose is unlikely unless your a super lightweight. That said, it just isn't a good habit to start. Tolerance builds up gradually and slowly. I know first hand. I was posting these questions 10 years ago on the totse forum.

10 years later it has manifested into drinking 12+ beers a day.

Just don't make it a habit because this shit sneaks up on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.