Bench injuries...anyone recover and how?

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
I'm a bench addict. My chest exercises are very long and very repetitive, and pretty heavy for a guy my size (~155lbs). I need to exercise a ton to get sore (i love the feeling of a sore chest, best pain in the world).

My exercises generally resemble sometimes like this. 6 or so sets of flat bench of 225lbs for 9-14 reps, then 205 for a 4 or 5 sets (as many as i can do) then 185 for 4 or 5 sets, as many as i can do. Then ill go ham on 155lbs, 20 reps each set easy i dont really could. Ill do this for 3 sets, then sometimes drop it to 135 to burn out.

I don't go for heavy weights any more, that is over 225lbs these days which is light for me (although guys look at me in surprise cranking out 14 reps of 225lbs since im only 155lbs, and i am natural).

This high volume relatively high weight routine has messed with my shoulders and elbows. My right elbow is also fucked up from arm wrestling i win alot of bets since i am much stronger than i look). My right elbow kind of hurts and clicks alot. Some for of tendinitis.

Well the other day after one of my 2 hours bench marathons i go to straighten my elbow to crack it, boom my tricep sort of rolls to one side. Sort of like a bad cramp feeling follows. The muscle seems to have permanently move. This was December 1st. It hasn't really gotten better and now my forearm is weird too. There might have been some partial detachment of connective tissue. It seems as though while my muscles like the weight my ligaments and tendons dont.

Anyone recover from something like this and live to bench again? I cant even do bicep curls 😩.

Any peptides that would help? Would testosterone help heal? What a fucking nightmare.

You do a 2 hour bench marathon? :oops:

Even if you're just benching... you need to introduce a de-load period properly so tendons and ligaments can recover.

Do you do a burnout on a bench press every time for a final set? Do you train naturally like this or is this something you do because you are "enhanced"?

Also if you seem to have a muscle deformity after something "popping" then good chance something did pop that shouldn't have. I'd go see a dr as not everything that tears will produce visible bruising. The longer you wait the worse off you are.

Last edited:
You do a 2 hour bench marathon? :oops:

Yeah. And then I do some cable stuff and the pec deck machine. I can do the whole stack 20 times. My chest is overtrained. I just love the way chest soreness feels.

This my bench body (at 160lbs, natural unlike you count opioids). Not even alot of shoulder exercises. Heavy bicep exercise and very little tricep exercises. Benching 2x a week.

Maybe my chest is stronger than my triceps. Or my tendons.

In anycase anyone bounce back from an injury? Peptides (if so which ones)? Testosterone?

I cant do any upper body stuff at all really in this state. I'd go get some imaging done but im not doing anything i don't need to with COVID-19 lurking around.

Last edited:
Look into BPC 157 injections - it’s a peptide not a steroid with minimal side effects naturally occurring in the brain with promise to tendon and muscle tear injuries.

Idk if you’re trying to dive into steroids but Deca and hGH would also likely help. But these come with all of it there’s no short term cure to an injury. Much like why Professional athletes can recover so quickly, usually they’re not recovering naturally it’s with the help of PEDs.

But BPC can be injected into the muscle or area or injury, or subQ / IM and has shown promise in studies.

I’ve never used them but the bands people put on there elbows / triceps when benching may help reduce risk of injury

Look into BPC 157 injections - it’s a peptide not a steroid with minimal side effects naturally occurring in the brain with promise to tendon and muscle tear injuries.

Idk if you’re trying to dive into steroids but Deca and hGH would also likely help. But these come with all of it there’s no short term cure to an injury. Much like why Professional athletes can recover so quickly, usually they’re not recovering naturally it’s with the help of PEDs.

But BPC can be injected into the muscle or area or injury, or subQ / IM and has shown promise in studies.

I’ve never used them but the bands people put on there elbows / triceps when benching may help reduce risk of injury

Yeah i was looking into BPC injections but was kind of turned off by the reports about psychological issues it seemed to cause in some people. You ever tried BPC-157?

Has no one else injured themselves like this?

Yeah i was looking into BPC injections but was kind of turned off by the reports about psychological issues it seemed to cause in some people. You ever tried BPC-157?

Has no one else injured themselves like this?

I have taken BPC orally and IM injections. I accredited the substance to drastically reducing my GABA receptor damage from drug abuse and reducing my anxiety and problems related to depression.

I have heard of some side effects but I personally can’t say it did anything but benefit me. But of course side effects are different for everyone.

Cant say I’ve ever injured my chest or arms besides for broken bones.

I’ve torn my groin, blown my knee out, etc.

But not your kind of injury. I have had buddies tear there biceps and chest area, in a few weeks they were good to go

I'd look into possibly seeking medical attention. Sounds like a decent tear. Are you doing any back workouts to balance your chest out? Muscular imbalances will wreck your shoulders and posture over time.
Also cut down on the time in the gym. You're beating the shit out of your connective tissue unnecessarily

I agree with @Serotonin101. If you’ve visible deformity of the muscle, like it’s moved? Then you need medical attention and like was said at the start the longer you leave it the worse off you are.

If it’s your upper arm I’d definitely be icing and using some sort of compression. You really do need to cut back on the gym time, you’re gonna do serious injury eventually. The injury now is just the beginning.

I was totally addicted to exercising at one stage and I know how enjoyable it is, injury indeed followed and I tore my ACL, goodbye running career.

I'm a bench addict. My chest exercises are very long and very repetitive, and pretty heavy for a guy my size (~155lbs). I need to exercise a ton to get sore (i love the feeling of a sore chest, best pain in the world).

Well the other day after one of my 2 hours bench marathons i go to straighten my elbow to crack it, boom my tricep sort of rolls to one side. Sort of like a bad cramp feeling follows. The muscle seems to have permanently move. This was December 1st. It hasn't really gotten better and now my forearm is weird too. There might have been some partial detachment of connective tissue. It seems as though while my muscles like the weight my ligaments and tendons dont.

Anyone recover from something like this and live to bench again? I cant even do bicep curls 😩.

Any peptides that would help? Would testosterone help heal? What a fucking nightmare.

Any apparent displacement of skeletal muscle should be looked at by a Dr, X-Rays and possible MRI should follow prior to any surgical intervention..
BPC-157 could assist healing after surgery..

You should look into reducing time, and reps spent exercising chest, allow plenty time for recovery, otherwise maximal growth will never be possible...

Any apparent displacement of skeletal muscle should be looked at by a Dr, X-Rays and possible MRI should follow prior to any surgical intervention..
BPC-157 could assist healing after surgery..

You should look into reducing time, and reps spent exercising chest, allow plenty time for recovery, otherwise maximal growth will never be possible...

I would have absolutely gone in for imaging by now but I'm paranoid about COVID-19 (I'm in a city so infected that they are rationing oxygen).

Thanks, and hopefully I won't need surgery, perhaps just PT. Or I may in fact need surgery. It is clearly not a full detachment but there seems to be some degree of it.

Though perhaps the traffic is simply low, I'm surprised I haven't heard of any injury stories yet.

I agree with @Serotonin101. If you’ve visible deformity of the muscle, like it’s moved? Then you need medical attention and like was said at the start the longer you leave it the worse off you are.

If it’s your upper arm I’d definitely be icing and using some sort of compression. You really do need to cut back on the gym time, you’re gonna do serious injury eventually. The injury now is just the beginning.

I was totally addicted to exercising at one stage and I know how enjoyable it is, injury indeed followed and I tore my ACL, goodbye running career.
I’m worried I’m gonna blow out my knees one day from all my running

sorry that happened to you :(. Cant even imagine never running again

I’m worried I’m gonna blow out my knees one day from all my running

sorry that happened to you :(. Cant even imagine never running again
Awh knees are a bitch! I rehabbed pretty well tbh and I can still run but I can’t compete now. I’d never get anything near the same times which is a shame because I was doing so well. I did an anavar cycle which helped recovery a good bit.

Awh knees are a bitch! I rehabbed pretty well tbh and I can still run but I can’t compete now. I’d never get anything near the same times which is a shame because I was doing so well. I did an anavar cycle which helped recovery a good bit.
Yeah I’ve had docs check my knees before and their only advice is that that what’s happens when you run a lot lol

i really need to get on a consistent routine of mobility work. Injury prevention hasn’t always been my strong suit!
the niggles come and go so hopefully nothing serious ever happens.