• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Benadryl

dabears69

Greenlighter
I was wondering if whether anyone else has tried Benadryl, or Diphenhydramine recrationally, because i have, and i want to know other peoples stories.:?

Um, it's not fun?

It's a deliriant, which means you'll have delusions and hallucinations without any of the accompanying euphoria. Or you'll get tired and fall asleep and maybe wake up with the floor rolling under your feet. Not advisable.

It's best used at doses below 100mg as a sedating antihistamine to combine with opioids or use as a sleep aid. It's not a drug to "trip" on.

I use it for sleep once in a while. Mostly 50mg, sometimes 100mg. Great aid to fall asleep when I'm feeling anxious and stressy. Benzos give me too much rebound anxiety.

If you want a drug that makes you just drift away and forget about everything, then take like 6 or 7 of these.

well, unitl you have tried it, then you can't say, because trust me it does get you fucked up.

Never tried it but I think it should be used for what it's meant for. Did you trip cause you had nothing else or just wanted an experience?

well, unitl you have tried it, then you can't say, because trust me it does get you fucked up.

Just because something 'gets you fucked up' doesn't mean it's a positive experience.. scopolamine is a good example of something that can get you fucked up in a negative way.

I just wanted to see what it did basically, and i would advise that you try it, but take only like 6 for your first time.

Good point, but how could you say it is negative until you have tried it, and i don't mean the trip where you take like 20 of these bitches i mean just take like 6 or 7 and see how it feels.

If anybody tries this because of this post please write on here and tell me how it went.

Last edited by a moderator:
how could you say it is negative until you have tried it,

The number of people who actually like diphenhydramine are small indeed. Usually taking less than a deleriant dose will just knock you out and/or make you feel like your head is full of sand.

If you're talking about the little pink fuckers (25mg), then taking 6 is pretty much the same as one of those over the counter Unisom sleeping capsules which are dosed at 150mg I believe. I wouldn't say that it's pleasant taking that much though, I personally find it's too incapacitating. I used to fuck around with DPH in varying dosages up to about 400mg but I never found it worthwhile.

My bad, i dint mean to come across as a dick, i just wanted to basically say don't knock it if you haven't tried it, but when i took like 12 of them once i saw like little tornadoes that were on the floor, and it was cool, so i basically just wanted to see if anyone else had that type of experience.

I was given this (IV) during a treatment (infusion for RA) at the doctor's office and it was pretty uncomfortable...weird...good for sleeping though (when taken orally).

1st gen antihistamines are great in combination with opioids (for physical side effects and potentiation) and psychedelics (for nausea/body load). They work better than any 2nd gen for my hayfever and they can also be used as sleep aids.
I would NEVER take more than a therapeutic dose of any antihistamine. Saying "don't knock it until you've tried it" is profoundly irresponsible because the trip it produces is a result of anticholinergic poisoning (à la "deadly nightshade"). Playing around with your 5HT receptors or NMDA receptors to alter your consciousness is quite safe, but acetylcholine is one neurotransmitter you REALLY ought not to be fucking around with.
If the physical symptoms of anticholinergic poisoning don't scare you away then the mental effects should. You could end up doing some seriously fucked up shit in that state.

The antichlonergenic properties of benadryl make it a very uncomfortable thing too abuse

I use it all the time in what most people would consider fairly high doses; I use it as a potentiator of opiates, and also take it every night to help me sleep. However, if I take too much and get to the point where I feel uncomfortable and start seeing patterns and shit like spiders crawling on the wall, it very quickly ceases to be fun. I honestly can't imagine anyone truly enjoying deliriants such as this. It's such a dysphoric and uncomfortable experience. Not only that, you will most likely be unable to distinguish your hallucinations from reality, which very quickly stops being any sort of positive experience and turns into a nightmarish hell where you wake up 3 counties over, naked and covered head to toe in feces (true story from Datura reports).

Its a fucking awful drug at 'recreational' doses. Its what I imagine dementia feeling like. Does anyone have any data on the effects on the brain at doses higher than 1000mg? I just cant imagine deliriants not having profound long term damage.

not a good idea for rec use
i had an allergic reaction once to penicillin once i broke out in crazy hives i had to get a shot of benadryl but after 15 mins it didnt work so i had to get a second shot not sure how many mg's it was but
i felt delirious just a down right shitty exp but it did help with the hives i even got a panic attack but i wasnt given anything for that i had to ride it out
as it was "to dangerous" to mix with a benzo well from what i remember the er doc saying
i would only use benadryl for what it was intended for or if for some reason you can sleep it helps for that

Its a fucking awful drug at 'recreational' doses. Its what I imagine dementia feeling like. Does anyone have any data on the effects on the brain at doses higher than 1000mg? I just cant imagine deliriants not having profound long term damage.
Possibly. Long-term use of anticholinergic drugs in therapeutic amounts is associated with mental and physical decline so I'm sure regular 'recreational' use would be very damaging.
Another thing to consider is overheating. Anticholinergics raise body temperature and stop sweating. This could potentially cause brain damage.