• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Belviq (lorcaserin): A brand-new weight loss drug, with interesting properties...

Hi JR,

I haven't taken it again since the last time I posted. I did seem to feel kind of out of it for a few days afterwards, but I don't know if it was related to the medication or not.

I'm guessing that the particular substitutions of this compound were chosen to minimize recreational effects and maximize anorexic effects. I think the value of this compound is not so much as-is, but rather that it opens up a whole new pharmacophore with known 5-HT2A/C agonist activity, giving us a place to start looking for more active and desirable substitutions, I would like to see the corresponding 6,9-dimethoxy-8-halo/alkyl/alkylthio-2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-1H-3-benzazepines and the N-alkyl-7,8-methylenedioxy-2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-1H-3-benzazepines, as I'm guessing that they could be worthy of investigation...

Last edited:
Thank you, abracadabra girl. This thread has fascinated me. It'd be interesting to see related compounds made without the considerations of not-being-recreational that the creators of lorcaserin might have had. I'll stay tuned.

I tried some of this today (currently 3 hours into taking 40 mg so forgive me if my grammar / thoughts aren't on point) and felt compelled to share my report, especially because there are virtually no reports outside this thread online regarding recreational use of this drug.

Before taking it I was definitely on the fence of whether or not I wanted to try it out (based on this thread as well as studies done found on google which made it sound like supratherapeutic doses resulted in predominately negative experiences by drug users)

I decided to give it a go anyways because I was a bit under the weather so I was already kinda worthless anyways, and I figure that it must be schedule IV for a reason, and it was likely that the drug companies were trying to downplay the abuse potential as much as possible.

Initially (first hour or so), it wasn't very pleasant, but not horrible either. There was never a point where I was having major regrets for taking it, but just as abracadabra mentioned, it did feel a bit somewhere in between an XTC come-up and a shroom come up, but without MUCH euphoria ie the slight anxiety, increase in heart rate, flushing skin kinda outweighed any of the positives if there were any, but who knows, this may be one of those drugs that grow on you over time (in that your body starts to tolerate some of the negative aspects better and you are left with a more positive experience overall)

HOWEVER, after about the 1.5 - 2 hour mark and I started to settle into it a bit more it got a lot better. Not to the point where I would seek this drug out at the expense of my day, but it was definitely a big improvement from being in and out of bed and having absolutely nothing going for me today due to being sick.

Initially the good / bad subjective feelings seemed to come in waves JUST like a rough shroom trip. I think it was only because I had nothing going on that I was able to accept it and appreciate it for what it was, because I could see how it would be difficult to reconcile being in this state of mind when you have to worry about meeting any obligations.

Eventually I started to actually really enjoy it, a big improvement from how I felt earlier. I actually WAS getting that empathetic response you would find on E, just not as strong, but on the other hand I was also in a lot more control than I would be if I was on e. It also felt like I had a lot more patience for things that I would normally find frustrating. I actually wound up reaching out to my Dad and a couple buddies and looked at our relationship from a lot different, more loving perspective. I was also getting some of the visual perception changes you would find on either the come up or tail and on shrooms or e where things such as looking at your cell phone looked "bigger" or as if it was difficult to judge the size and definitions of the colors / lines of a particular object. Colors looked a bit more "rich"

Overall, I would say it was better than the reports done by the drug companies would lead you to believe, but nothing crazily amazing that would get me coming on here or to my friends saying "omg you have to try this" like I was with pregabalin. Kinda like a half assed e trip. Like I said though it MIGHT get better with a larger dose and/or over time getting your body to tolerate some of the negative side effects a bit better.

If anyone has any questions feel free because I really didn't see any other practical info on this drug outside of this thread.

p.s. - I'm actually not trying to loose weight, but I can see this drug growing in popularity for its purpose because food isn't "repulsive" at all on it like would be the case on most stimulants. In fact, while I was on it I didn't even think it was working at all as an appetite suppressant until I started eating. Just like on shrooms where you can still eat, but it's tough to eat a lot. If I was trying to loose weight I would probably prefer this over all the anxiety and sleeplessness associated with stims

Last edited:
Upping dose to 100 mg, I was talking with my friend (me and him have tripped anything u could imagine before) and he sais that at 100 mg the high felt more similar to a shrooms trip

I've been in for a couple hours now.... Very intense body feel, and lots of vommiting. Users who aren't used to hard drug trips BEWARE. Consumed 100mg with barely a sip of alcohol, cold feeling, vomiting, no hallucinations. Feels similar to a benzo feeling, more close to a high dose of benedryl. If you are looking for an unpleasant and uncomfy high give it a try, other wise I highly reccomend staying away

Like a mix of bonk acid and .4 of some fire. Euphoria started to kick in although extremely uncomfy still. 100mg and 3is hours in can barely lift head, and cannot use restroom

Thanks for your report, lyricabuddy!

Chinokitty08, did you experience any visuals? Any psychedelicesque effect? Are you alive?

Holy fuck that one of the worst trips iv ever had, I have no idea how I got threw that shit. I had the worst cotton mouth and was drinking water like ther was no tomorrow but I couldn't fucking piss the whole time and I got so hot that I felt like I was on fire and started feeling like the trip would never end. Seriously don't try this shit

Thanks for your report, lyricabuddy!

Chinokitty08, did you experience any visuals? Any psychedelicesque effect? Are you alive?

Slight visual effects off of 40 mg, similar to the early come-up of a shroom trip. As others have indicated, there are some negative sides - uncomfortable body load and feeling cold. body temperature really fucked, like worse than how you would feel when getting cold on mdma. I was uncomfortable at 40 mg, and so was the original poster. Based on our reports not sure why anyone would go out and drop 130mg holy shit!

I did find one use for this stuff though. 20 - 40 mg makes nitrous waaay better. Similar to doing nos on amphetamines but more psychedelic. It brings out the psychedelic qualities of nos, or perhaps vice - versa, and makes it way more euphoric. Normally when I do nos the euphoric effects start to die down after about 6 boxes. On this stuff I just kept going - 10 boxes plus, because it kept feeling so good. I regretted the cost afterwards but felt fine the next day.

Hi, I've got a script and learned about abuse potential, and, in the name of science...
So I've taken 40 msg about an hour ago, and being a generous sort I've shared with a loved one. So far I feel good, a little chilly and a little dry mouth. My partner feels warm and has vomited, that may skew the results. Like a previous poster I started thinking of how awesome my mom is. My guy says he's feeling horny, but that may have nothing at all to do with medicine and more to do with the company. He's also says a slight "swiminess" in his head.

Pregabalin (Lyrica)

Pregabalin is one of my favorite substances, it makes me feel *amazing*. I've only tried it a few times though, I actively have it on my radar to acquire however.

Seriously? that does absolutely nothing for me. If I took1000 milligrams it made me feel a little sleepy and then even then after awhile it did nothing. is also didn't do much for my pain

lyrica buddy said:
Normally when I do nos the euphoric effects start to die down after about 6 boxes. On this stuff I just kept going - 10 boxes plus

That's a lot of nitrous in a sitting, to the point where you'll need to be pretty rigorous about oxygen intake during the session and where vitamin b12 depletion will become an issue with regular use; please be careful.

ebola

Descriptions of this remind me a bit of allylescaline, except less pyschedelic.

I'm pretty sure 5ht2c agonism is responsible for the "languid" / sleepy component of the -escalines.

It definitely sounds like an abusable drug, but maybe in the same way that people abuse that HIV drug in Africa--people with little access to other drugs might abuse it if they come across it but no one will be seeking it for this purpose.

So I have 20mg of this right now. I doubt it is worth doing that little. Probably can get a few more but tbh, I am a little nervous about this one. I probably should wait a while anyway as have been using dextroamphetamine regularly for past week to 10 days.