• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Bellringers really that dangerous?

Coolwhip

Bluelighter
Ok, so obviously if your coke is cut with other numbing agents then the dose to get a good rush/bellringer is going to be dangerous, because the non stimulant *caines in it are going to be worse on the heart than "pure coke" and before I do any I put a dot on my tongue and if its numbs strongly then I don't IV it because good coke should barely have any numb contrary to popular belief(in this case, I am considering coke cut with inert bulking agents pure, even if it isn't that potent, the high will still be clean) and if its cut with speed its going to be dangerous because each consecutive shot is going to have to be a lot bigger than the last because while the coke has worn off, the speed hasn't, so you are going to need to do more cocaine in each shot to override the speed in it to obtain the bellringer, so that is also dangerous; so each shot, even if it only provides a mild bellringer, is going to be putting you closer and closer to OD territory.

But, to the point, everything I've read on here from anyone who takes HR seriously says don't aim for a bellringer because its too close to the edge...is this really true with relatively pure, clean coke for your run of the mill bellringer, I'm not talking about a shot that leaves you puking and/or deaf(I know every bellringer is going to muffle sounds to some extent, but I am talking about where you can be sitting two feet next to somebody and watch their mouth move but can't hear a fucking word, as much as I LOVE those shots I know its not safe).

Because lately I've been getting two different types of good coke, one is almost totally pure and the other is potent but cut with speed. I know to be careful with the shit cut with speed(meth I assume, because even when I get a really good bellringer while I can taste it, it doesn't taste super strong in my mouth like this other shit) and I try to wait 90-120 minutes between shots with this stuff to be safe and economical, if I don't wait it takes a shot almost twice as big as the first to get a good bellringer(60-70mg the first shot, but need 100-120 after that if I don't wait long enough), and I end up twacked out.

While this other shit, fishscale, really strong smell, pasty almost, it is soooo fucking good it is actually sedating, no overheating, no sweating, and I can't keep my eyes open after a shot and can get a decent bellringer off just 30mg the first shot, I always start low for safety, and can get a strong one off 50mg each shot after that after only waiting 15 minutes(I try to wait 45+ minutes though), basically as soon as the ringing stops I can make it go again with another shot even before the high is gone, and it is so sedating and relaxing it feels almost like opiates so its less fiendish than the shit cut with speed.

So my question is, with coke that you know isn't cut with other numbing agents or speed are moderate bellringers really that close to ODing? Again, by moderate I mean no nausea and while I can't hear the AC or my computer fans anymore I can still carry on a conversation so not totally deaf, because if I don't get a bellringer I am disappointed and feel like I just wasted the shot by making it too weak....so if you guys can convince me that bellringers are never safe even with these parameters, I guess I am gonna have to give up coke because it's not fun without 'em...I just find it hard to believe because even when I've gone deaf and am puking with this pure shit(happens at 80-100mg) I still don't feel like I am going to have a cardiovascular crisis or anything.

I don't know if bellringers are specifically dangerous. The time i od'd i didnt get a good one. And all the time i got them i felt much better in the comedown

Sorry, I don't get why you say that "good coke should barely have any numb contrary to popular beleif"... since cocaine's medical use is as a local anaesthetic (for eye surgery)...having a numbing effect is most definitely what it should have...or it wouldn't be used as a local anaesthetic..

Perhaps when you saying "numbing" you could be more specific?

Numbing is pretty much the definition of local anaesthesia.

Yeah, I'm kinda with BftB on that point as well. Unless you're saying that most Coke these days is roughly 20 % pure, if that, and maybe the Levamisole and other cuts keep the numbing below that of several 'caines mixed together. Although I imagine the good fishscale has to have some good topical effect. Do you ever wash your stuff with anhydrous acetone? Or acid/ base cleanup?

OT: Bellringers are not good HR practice as they have the power to impair hearing immediately among other things, the hearing part is just the most apparent. The vasoconstriction paired with the rise in circulatory system stress is a rough one on your body.
Infarcts, myocardial, bowel or other are more likely with BR's as well as strokes. The active cuts have their own set of problems but without knowing which one's it's all just speculation anyways.

I do recommend that you use cold water to mix your shots as coke will dissolve quickly and sometimes leave the cuts trying to do the same. A quick filter, even just a tightly rolled pinch of cotton can help if that's all you have.

The 'caines don't just cause the extra topical numbing effect:

High dose procaine was identified as similar to cocaine and induced significant cocaine craving. High dose procaine also induced significant elevations in somatization, obsessive-compulsive symptoms, phobic anxiety, interpersonal sensitivity, anxiety, positive symptoms and global severity (from the SCL90R). Our findings suggest that procaine shares subjective effects similar to cocaine, despite a much lower affinity for the dopamine reuptake receptor.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ts_of_intravenous_procaine_in_cocaine_addicts .

Unless you're saying that most Coke these days is roughly 20 % pure, if that, and maybe the Levamisole and other cuts keep the numbing below that of several 'caines mixed together.

My thoughts too...comparing say 25% pure cocaine / 75% non-'caine cuts to something containing mainly 'caines (but not cocaine), is not going to have as much of a numbing effect, but that's not really what the OP said at all... He was pretty much saying that "good" coke doesn't have numbing effects when really that's exactly what it should have.

Confusing indeed.

I have a love/hate relationship with bell ringers. A good bellringer is the goal for each hit, but sometimes I feel a little worried that I went overboard especially if I can barely hear after the hit.

Ok, so obviously if your coke is cut with other numbing agents then the dose to get a good rush/bellringer is going to be dangerous, because the non stimulant *caines in it are going to be worse on the heart than "pure coke"

No, cocaine itself is very cardiotoxic. Of all the not-stim alkaloids and cutting agents, including amphetamines, the biggest risk for heart damage and stroke comes from the actual cocaine molecule.

I put a dot on my tongue and if its numbs strongly then I don't IV it because good coke should barely have any numb contrary to popular belief (in this case, I am considering coke cut with inert bulking agents pure, even if it isn't that potent, the high will still be clean)

Obviously cocaine itself is quite numbing. That doesn't mean a coke that numbs isn't cut with lidocaine, novocaine, benzocaine or whatever, but pure coke will be very numbing.

and if its cut with speed its going to be dangerous because each consecutive shot is going to have to be a lot bigger than the last because while the coke has worn off, the speed hasn't, so you are going to need to do more cocaine in each shot to override the speed in it to obtain the bellringer, so that is also dangerous; so each shot, even if it only provides a mild bellringer, is going to be putting you closer and closer to OD territory.

While it's obviously dangerous because amphs have a much longer half-life, they can provide a bell-ringer with much greater and safer ease. You might be more likely to get a bell-ringer if there's amphs in your coke, and stop redosing sooner. It's not like you aren't going to notice a longer-lasting high and cleaner stimulation.

But, to the point, everything I've read on here from anyone who takes HR seriously says don't aim for a bellringer because its too close to the edge...is this really true with relatively pure, clean coke for your run of the mill bellringer, I'm not talking about a shot that leaves you puking and/or deaf(I know every bellringer is going to muffle sounds to some extent, but I am talking about where you can be sitting two feet next to somebody and watch their mouth move but can't hear a fucking word, as much as I LOVE those shots I know its not safe).

No, of course they aren't safe. IV cocaine isn't safe. But it's the cocaine itself responsible for the effect, purity has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: because of the similarity to ear-ringing and sound distortion (distinct from audio hallucinations, including those from sleep deprivation) with meth smoking, I'm not sure about the exact cause yet. Keep in mind, this is similar to simple syncope, and in a very vascular organ, and so the effect may be a very dangerous-to-ear-health case of vasoconstriction, or possible vagus nerve stimulation. At the same time there could be dopamine receptor stimulation. THat'll take me a while to figure out.

^ Cocaine has some paratoxicty, and pure coke would be quite the ringer itself...

Not much too add, though never really understood Coca-granted never really liked stimulates, and now pretty much could not take them even if wanted too, the side effects would be, terrible if not dangerous, and would risk a seizure(well it would lower threshold, you get the point)

When did try it, years ago, it hit almost immediately and was briefly euphoric, then the ?buzz? faded quickly and was hit jittery for awhile, and then... nothing

Literally 30-40 minutes of ?positive? effects, and not long after nothing at all... How can someone do a drug that wears off in 20 minutes and isn?t the safest to begin with(no judgements, just don?t get it; at least amphetamines hold awhile)

Anyway, kinda-off topic musing

Edit: And the fact that Cocaine is Schedule 2 in the US, yet diamorphine and even Cannabis(although they are tending to decriminalize it and a couple of states have legalized it, it is still technically a schedule 1 narcotic) are both schedule 1 is simply disgraceful... Even methamphetamine is rx?ed as dex-methamphetine- it is just ridiculous, and then it otc medications like Hydroxyzine are RX only... and otc codiene is a rare bird

Ok end rant

Last edited:
Yes besides the od factor the drug induced psychosis that can occur is fucking scary shit

Just stopped in to say that you can't test purity of drugs based on taste, looks, smells, or how much it numbs your tongue. Even "how hard did it hit me " isn't a good method.

Anything high dose is dangerous, especially if IV, and especially with stimulants because they can cause instant repercussions like stroke, aneurysm, and other cardiac events that can be fatal. Unlike opiates for example, where OD isn't as bad (except absolutely massive ODs, another story) because it is lack of breathing that usually kills, which is reversible with narcan or cpr and isn't instant (disclaimer: of course opiate OD is bad. Dont.)

High dose iv cocaine can also cause seizures, so yeah that bellringer really is that bad.

I speak from experience, I shot coke pretty much daily for almost quite a while, I quit because one day i took a shot, rung that bell, stood up and started walking to go take a piss. Next thing I know my buddy is freaking out standing over me, when I came to he said I was laying there seizing.

Iv coke is not worth it.

Just stopped in to say that you can't test purity of drugs based on taste, looks, smells, or how much it numbs your tongue. Even "how hard did it hit me " isn't a good method.

Anything high dose is dangerous, especially if IV, and especially with stimulants because they can cause instant repercussions like stroke, aneurysm, and other cardiac events that can be fatal. Unlike opiates for example, where OD isn't as bad (except absolutely massive ODs, another story) because it is lack of breathing that usually kills, which is reversible with narcan or cpr and isn't instant (disclaimer: of course opiate OD is bad. Dont.)

There's your story, re-quoted cause it needed saying.

Cocaine is just a very toxic drug, all around. It's extremely bad for your cardiovascular system, and absolutely leads to strokes and aneurysms. Compared to it, stims like meth are almost (not-really, of course) OD-proof. (Meth OD usually involves psychiatric attention, not brain surgery to stanch the bleeding.)

There's no equivalent buddy with naloxone if you misjudge your dose.

I'll add before the bullshit happened at some point he said he could see his heart beating through his shirt... Just fucking stupid

I suffered a massive seizure and stroke at 21 years old ten seconds after having the loudest bell ringer of my life, and i had quite a cocaine tolerance. So based on my experience i have to say yeah, bell ringers are danger signs.

I had a ringer once while smoking...first hit...i dont do coke/crack anymore and i only read the first post. Glad I did. We were dumbasses. One pipe, 3 peeps and one person kept taking off to peep out the windows.So there was time between the hits Long ago, parents have a 8 bedroom home, indoor and outdoor pool and house out back. Seriously hard to find him!

I would imagine that could happen with someone doing powder? Is that why a lot of times I couldnt fall asleep for hours? Speed? I used to have it late 80's early 90's when it boosted just abt everything when we went out, and I could still get sleep...had alcohol too, but that stopped mattering, so I quit

Obviously i just posted ive done crack but waste of money. I would never shoot it. Not saying i would do it again, lets just say I love the 70s(yea born then) 80s and 90s

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Uhoh. Welcome to bluelight :)

You should use the quote button to quote the post you are replying to, otherwise, we don't know whos post your reply is meant for. It's irrelevant which reply button you push... Clicking the reply button under someone's post does the same exact thing as clicking the reply button under anyone else's post, either way it'll make a new post at the bottom of the thread. Only way we know who the reply is meant for is if you quote the post in your reply. Hope that makes sense.

:)