• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Beige A's & 3's are they from the same cook?

on a side note.. how good are the A's :D
had one syd on tuesday night..
the above posts are right.. the press was a little dodgy, and one some of mine, the A had worn off a little.
very quick come up (although i suspect its personal), and a nice clean come down :D

...a bit of chemistry can tell you....

If you wanted to know whether a tablet contains the same MDMA as another tablet i.e. different tablets made from the same batch of MDMA crystal, then GC/MS or HPLC would tell you. These devices could also help to pick similar excipient and binder mixes in different pills. Unfortunately access to this level of analysis equipment is generally outside the reach of most drug users

However, if an extraction/crystallisation was done carefully enough (details elsewhere) a simple TLC (thin layer chromatography - kitchen chemistry) comparison should produce the same spot-line detail/ retention times.

A melting point test may also give you a pretty good idea, as certain impurities and other amines (which will be difficult to remove or separate) if present in both tablets in the same concentrations, will give a broad but specific melting point range. If the tablets contained the same MDMA batch, then the melting point ranges would be expected to be substantially similar (to quote a term Shulgin would not qualify in court)

STD Disclaimer: Extraction and recrystallisations are not difficult, but the law may interpret the procedure as manufacture. Despite this subject being personally seen as one which will cause future clashes between realistic HR and Zero Tolerance advocates, for now the safer alternative is to educate your dealer and let him perform such exercises

And safe is what we're all about :)

Last edited:
A friend of a friend told me he knew a friend of the guy who brought these into australia. Supposedly they are from the same manufactor! but dont quote me on that

^A friend of a friend of a friend of a guy...don't worry, we won't quote you ;)

I once knew this guy who knew somebody that was a mate of some guy too =D ;)

One friend away from certainty

One more "friend of a friend" and it would be six degrees of separation, in which case we all know him =D

"THEY ARE FRESH OFF THE BOAT MAN!"

I always love that one!

I dont know why you guys are laughing,

i belive these A's, with NOSCORE, look EXACTLY like the 3's... infact that was the FIRST thing i noticed (wooo these look exactly like 3's)

bevels, SPECKS, shape, size, texture.

ALOT TO LEARN!!!???, dont be so quick to patronise.... have you even seen the PILL in question?

yes i belive they are VERY related.... but THAT MUCH BETTER!

peace out. :)

Apologies if I offended anyone. I guess I just see it as funny, that so much importance is placed on whether this pill is the same as that pill. As long as a tablet contains a medium to large dose of MDMA, and nothing else toxic, who cares?

It's mostly guess work, but I suppose there are some ways in which 2 pills might be evaluated outside of a forensics lab. These ideas might work, but there's countless variables to consider, some of which I possibly haven't so all criticism please.

OK, first you might try to discover whether the pills have been made in the same press. It's not always as easy as it might sound, particularly when the pill was obviously produced in huge quantities, perhaps even using several presses working simultaneously. If you think 2 tablets have just got the same ingredients, then you can still examine them this way.

Get a magnifying glass or better still a microscope. If the tablets have been pressed in the same press, but with different stamping rods, you should still be able to identify similar markings on the sides of the pill. These will be from the walls of the pill well. Commercial pill machines will produce better results and so it may be hard to notice the imperfections present on those home made by drilling out a stainless steel well body.

If large batches were produced by a "homemade" press, then it would be a multi press having several "well holes" which are filled with powder mixture before being pressed. Each of these wells will have different characteristic markings, so if a press contained a hundred wells it would require looking through large batches to find and list all the different kinds. However most home made presses IMO are likely to be around 50 max due to factors such as load distribution of the press and therefore the size of the unit.

So, if comparing large batches of tablets and remembering or recording images seems too much work, but you suspect the ingredients/ binders etc are the same, then try first coarsely crushing a portion of each tablet, passing through a mesh filter, and using a microscope/ magnifier to examine the larger and smaller pieces for any similarity.

If you were deadset keen, you might also try this.

Weigh each tablet before powdering in a mortar and pestle. Freebase each separately and keep both the amine and the filtrate. Weigh the recovered amine from each pill. This accounts for differences in MDMA or other amine content. The residues and amine weights should add up to their respective pill weights allowing for a bit of loss.

Then dissolve each of the remaining residues in alcohol. Filter what remains and weigh each filtrate. If the tablet mixtures were identical, and allowing for differences in amine content, what doesn't dissolve should be close to identical in weight if the mixtures were the same, bar colouring. You would want to do the experiment 3 times and average the results (more if any result is more than 1-2% out from the other 2 figures of the same material) If nothing dissolves, try first warming the alcohol.

Of course with any such operation you will need an accurate and precise balance, and be meticulous with your handling and weighing. Error of equipment should also be factored in to calculations. Using more of each tablet, say 3 of each will make things easier.

Std warning applies: it could look like manufacture, do it at your own - fully informed - risk

That's about as close as you can get to any certainty. But what it comes down to, is what actives are in each. For this you'll need analysis equipment unless your solubility and chromatography skills are exemplary.

Just a quick note about the presses. To buy a stamping machine really isn't that hard or expensive since there is a fairly large second hand market for ex-confectionary items. One of these could easily bought and setup in a backyard shed. But more to the point there are only a few reliable manufactures of presses in the world so it's quite likely that many of the pills you see are very similar since the press themselves would be made by the same people.

And you know you can even buy a machine that could wrap your pills in foil and paper, much like the round Cadbury Chocolate pieces. And this machine is called the Super2000. Cool name eh? And if your wondering why I know this, I worked in the packaging of confectionary ofr 2 years.

To buy a stamping machine really isn't that hard or expensive since there is a fairly large second hand market for ex-confectionary items.

Absolutely, and there's a couple of other industries as well I can think of where similar devices are used. Second hand commercial presses are advertised from time to time - last year after the pan affair I received an email from a local online auction advertising several machines of varying sizes. But all such machines are required to be registered. Still you can't regulate hydraulics, injection loading and stainless plating. And that's about all it takes in materials when it comes down to it.

this is a silly thread indeed. Another thing, I find is a myth, is that all good mdma/mda pills are import and the speedbombs are locals. There are good quality pills, sometimes even ones that are foreign in stamp, can actually be pressed in this country. Usually the recipe is import, and they just put the certain dose of MDMA and/or MDA and give it the same stamp. This is done because it is easier importing the MDMA powder/crystals rather than shipping a whole lot of pills that have a lot more weight rather than just pure drug content. Not saying this is common, but it is done. Blue Sky is a good example actually, it was a import recipe but pressed in australia (not saying where).