MAPS Becoming a Psychedelic Therapist

I know someone who was one of the first people to graduate from psychedelic therapist training in California. I would trust this person with my life to guide me down a therapeutic journey with psychedelics. She said that most of the people in her class were idiots though. Lots of high and mighty medical people and counsellors who didn't have much depth to them.

I kind of agree with the above sentiment that if someone isn't a natural shaman or priest (I use these words as analogies), then they are likely going to deliver a really mundane experience.

I also have a bit of a problem with access to psychedelics being through these therapeutic gatekeepers. The medicines themselves are intelligent and a lot of us don't want a middle man narrating our experience for us.

depends by whatchu mean shaman, no one nowadays is a sham we dunno if they even were, if they were. I do think there were some people back in the ancient civilization who learnt how to control their brain and influence energy outcomes but is a hypothesis

depends by whatchu mean shaman, no one nowadays is a sham we dunno if they even were, if they were. I do think there were some people back in the ancient civilization who learnt how to control their brain and influence energy outcomes but is a hypothesis

Every society has people who are born shamans, whether or not they get proper training. Just like there is a priest or holy class in every society.

The traditions may have been lost but the propensity is still there.