• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Be careful of dosing/ redosing nasal heroin

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Heroin has 2 peaks when snorted, one at ~30min and one ~1-1.5 hrs. and even goes up a little bit in blood-levels at hour 3. This is why it is a killer and you should take extreme caution if your so desperate as to use heroin. Also, it doesn't have a linear dose-response curve. If you double your dose, blood-levels can nearly triple. This enhances its killing effect.

http://jat.oxfordjournals.org/content/21/2/105.full.pdf

Interesting article but IMe insufflated heroin peaks within 15 minutes and and wears off within 4 hours. Definitely never experienced a second peak.

Interesting article but IMe insufflated heroin peaks within 15 minutes and and wears off within 4 hours. Definitely never experienced a second peak.

I'm not making claims one way or the other, but the 'experienced' peak of any drug can be vastly different to the actual levels in your blood - and with depressants, the euphoric high does not always correlate to the respiratory depressive effects; this is one of the reasons the strong, short-acting opioid fentanyl is so dangerous; the euphoria wears off quick, leaving the user eager to re-dose, but the respiratory depression may still be in full swing and re-dosing to chase the high may cause complete respiratory failure.

The problem with fentanyl is that there really isn't much euphoria to begin with. That and it's short duration is what causes heroin users to chase a high that doesn't exist and is why it has such a high body count. As far as heroin goes the obvious rule of thumb should be not to redose if you're still nodding off even the least bit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post Mike. That is actually very interesting information to have from a toxicity standpoint. If you have enough dope to keep tooting away this could be especially dangerous because I have noticed with opiates when you redose nasally it does not really increase the euphoria, I am guilty myself of having gone through WAY too much dope to try get higher than I was and it all going to waste essentially. I did not even realize at the time I was bringing myself closer and closer to OD.