• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids BDD can oxy+alcohol cause blackouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitz_kitty

Greenlighter
I was drinking the other night and i was on my bed eating and watching stuff on my computer, i suddenly became extremely confused and could not even work out what i was looking at on my computer. then a chunk of time missing, i was sober when i sat down and when i came out of that chunk of time that is missing i remember just being scared and confused. but i was never asleep, so i was told. I took a drug test a few days later and had oxy in my system which is odd because i don't take anything except for Excedrin for migraines. But my question is, can the mixture cause that? I am not sure how alcohol works with pills but i know i was sober and bam. It is quite scary and i am looking for answers.

Are you an alcoholic ?
Alcohol can cause black-outs on it's own and yes, alcohol will synergise with opioids, like oxycodone, but I'm not sure if it'll increase the likelihood of a black-out.
Any chance you pissed positive for benzos too?

Either way, you should go to a doctor, because that doesn't sound normal at all.

I am not an alcoholic, i literally had a few drinks sobered up and was preparing for bed. I never took any pills but somehow that was in my system. i've had instances of almost passing out and such before but always went to the doctor, even a neurosurgeon. But this was different i was fully functioning not asleep.

Sorry it's a sloppy post, i went out that night to drink and returned home. I had maybe one or two drinks within a few hours of being home. i was not even buzzed when i layed down.

Well, sudden blackouts could be caused by brain damage, high doses of benzos, extreme stress etc., but it's really odd that you took oxycodone. Do you know where the oxy came from ?
Edit: maybe someone spiked your drink ?

Yeah, I would be more worried about how you ingested oxy without remembering.

I am not sure where the oxy came from because i don't do ANYTHING, don't smoke tobacco or weed. this happened on the 11th, i am actually going through some court stuff right now and though it is out of my system, i am contemplating getting a hair test done.

My guess would have been, that someone spiked your drink with GHB or a benzo for example, but the oxy and the time gap make no sense...

My wife has had some not so favorable people staying with us and i fear it may of been one of them, because i thought it took maybe an hour for benzos or such to effect someone. I am not sure, that's why i am asking. I don't know maybe they thought it would be funny.

Do you know how drug test even work for like hair? I always assumed that if you drank there would be elevated levels of that drug in your system but i am not sure how it works. Or would it just show up as being in your body? I know after a month they can test your hair but that is about all that i know.

My wife has had some not so favorable people staying with us and i fear it may of been one of them, because i thought it took maybe an hour for benzos or such to effect someone. I am not sure, that's why i am asking. I don't know maybe they thought it would be funny.

This would make sense.
Some benzos reach their peak plasma concentration in as little as 15min, so you could feel the effects in as little as 15min to a few hours after.

Do you know how drug test even work for like hair? I always assumed that if you drank there would be elevated levels of that drug in your system but i am not sure how it works. Or would it just show up as being in your body? I know after a month they can test your hair but that is about all that i know.

Well, I'm not sure if taking a drug once would come up in your hair, certainly in your blood or urine, but there are drugs out there that don't come up and some have a really short half-life.

I am not so worried about the test at the moment but it was terrifying, i have tried to use other forums to see if the combination of Gabapentin+alcohol can cause "functioning unconsciousness" I guess i'll call it.

I think your guess has been answered. This thread is about to split into different theories. We can't give any drug testing answers for various reasons. I suggest you don't let your wife bring shady friends over. If you feel a crime may have been committed against you, see a doctor and/or file a police report. Unless there is a valid reason, this thread is closed.

Did you ask for a second test of the urine sample? It could be something caused a false positive. Either that, or you blacked out and someone gave you some percocets, maybe told you it was excedrine? IDK, it's not that uncommon for people to black out and then take other drugs. Also combing CNS depressants does increase the likeliness of a black out.

Status
Not open for further replies.