• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin BD Syringe Markings (small black dots)?

darky185

Greenlighter
Hello Chaps,

I've got a kind of odd question, does anyone know what the black circles next to the 6 units mark mean on 1ML BD insulin syringe (28x1/2)?

On the rigs I've been using, there will be anywhere from 0-3 small black dots starting at approximately the 6 units marking. The best way I can describe them is small black dots or circles (see the photos below). One of the old timers said that because we get these in bulk from the NX for free(we're in Vancouver, BC), this is the number of times that the barrel/or plunger has been recycled for usage in a new rig for a max of 3 times, thus rigs without any mark would be preferred in their opinion.

While I don't get the rigs from the NX myself (I get what I need from my buddies), this sounded absolutely implausible to me as it would seem there's too much legal liability.... What if they failed to properly sterilize the barrel and someone got HIV/Hep C., also putting a new single use needle on an old barrel seems like more work than just extruding a new barrel and attaching a new needle...

I was hoping someone on BL knew the real answer. I would assume it's some sort of internal markings, possibly an indicator of which made in which factory but I'd love more info so I can put this to bed with my friends.

Here's some pictures of what I'm talking about( I didn't have any with 3 dots on hand):
Unopened package - http://i.imgur.com/d4Zwgl2.jpg
0 Dots - Top - http://i.imgur.com/gP5gFPn.jpg
1 Dot - Middle - http://i.imgur.com/PvPzU89.jpg
2 Dots - Bottom - http://i.imgur.com/aEBi2Jj.jpg

Obviously this isn't a life or death situation but now I am quite curious to know the answer, if you're not sure what I'm talking about I can post another picture with the relevant sections highlighted but I believe the photos I've placed are good enough to see what I mean. Any sort of documentation would be great, I've checked out the BD website but couldn't find anything.

It marks how many times the rig has been melted down and all parts recycled after cleaning. I have never seen three dots before. I can't confirm this really because an experienced dope user told me when I asked him as there's another thread asking this. I don't doubt it though as the needle exchanges must work with the companies to get good deals on sharps. I'm sure they help recycle sharps.

I don't think anyone melts down and recovers polycarbonate syringes, there's way too much hazard involved there. Syringes are incinerated in medical waste incinerators, not recovered for the meager plastic value.

It's probably a mark showing which machines or which production lines they're made on. Or they're counting marks, so the people packaging can see at a glance how many 5, 10, 20 syringes are.

Yea I wouldn't doubt you seiko. That was one other thought although I get box's of bags of ten from the exchange. How come bags have syringes with different number of dots?

I honestly don't know, I'm speculating here.

My best guess is that it's a marking to show which machines the syringes are made on in case there's quality control issues. But realistically, for all I know they could put them on there just to fuck with people's heads too.

I honestly don't know, I'm speculating here.

My best guess is that it's a marking to show which machines the syringes are made on in case there's quality control issues. But realistically, for all I know they could put them on there just to fuck with people's heads too.

That was my best guess as well, some sort of internal QC mark. Would love to have a real answer but doesn't seem likely short of calling BD, which I suppose I could do... Thanks anyhow chaps.

Hmmm interesting, I currently have 2 different brands of rigs but neither one of them are BD. One is EasyTouch which came from my local needle exchange and the other is Reli On which came from Wal-Mart. Neither one of them have those dots on them like your Bds do. Like you said, it would be interesting to know the real answer but im sure Sekio is in the right ballpark if I had to take and educated guess.

What's up fan , thesee dots represent how sharp the machine cutt the point during the making of it. 0 dots meaning extra sharps no dullness another words per ftly tuned, and a 1 would be a small infraction on 2 not as sharp and 3 big just a bad cut all the way around , however in all reality a new 3 dot is still sharp enough for the girls I know ....

I think its a marker meant to be read by the machines making them. Perhaps some kind of measurement indicator for the machine

Actually BumpMonkey is correct on this matter. Each dot indicates a factory defect & to which degree. So no dots are the sharpest, 1 dots are still fairly sharp, 2 dots are pretty dull (compared to wut a new rig should be), & 3 dots forget about it, they're already turfed..Idk why they even package those ones. I try to avoid the 3 dotters all together. But to ppl that still have good veins this shouldn't even matter cuz they likely wouldn't even notice the difference in reality. But to ppl w/ alot of scar tissue & very few veins left, this makes all the difference in the world!! 8o