• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Basic question regarding intranasal use of oxycodone.

TheDictionary

Greenlighter
Can someone please explain the basic premise behind intranasal absorption?

From a user's perspective do we want the drug/powder to land in and around the wall of the nose or do we really want the substance to travel further up the nasal passage rather than landing on the nasal wall? Currently I do a little of each method, but would be interested in learning which is optimal.

PS: is a drip an indicator of anything and is it good?

Thanks!

a drip is wasted drug that is then essentially taken orally. eg.
in a perfect snorting world, you would have no drip. having insufflated nasal snuff, where the same essential premise is applied (eg. tobacco absorption by the nasal cavity) there is no drip if done right, from my experience. amphetamine gives me bad drip and i dont like snorting things so i cant give you much moar.

You want the powder to settle in the nasal cavity. through the nostrils and before getting to the mouth/throat. There will almost always be drip that makes its way out of the nasal cavity and to the throat, thats normal, that will be absorbed orally.

you get a quicker onset and some is absorbed orally so it lasts just as long

The irony is that if you powder up an oxy real fine like and snort the absolute shit out of it, you'd get more of the drug due to the bio level comparison difference. A shitload of it will run down your throat and into your stomach. that way, if you have a decent amount of oxy powder ( 2 80's for a strong H like dose ) you get a rush from snorting it and then in another 30 mins you get a wave of blissful oxy comfort that just blends in with the initial nasal rush. And thats the only time i'd snort them.

Orally is great IMO. it kicks in like clockwork and i just love it.... and thats coming from an occasional IV user