• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (Barbiturates) Just got a Rx for Fioricet

Exactly. Was thinking specifically about MDMA but Vimpat is a good example too. No one even uses it that much let alone abuses it. All for increasing the armamentarium of seizure meds but c'mon DEA.

Tension headaches? My mom has them and a script for fioricet and maxalt. Fioricet DOES cause rebound headaches so this is a medicine that will be weaned off the market completely. Except phenobarb for seizures. BARBS HAVE DEADLY LOW THERAPUTIC INDEX- The Effective dose and the Lethal Dose are about 1.5-3 times apart. Take 2 for a headache- 6 to die, or else go into a psychosis due to the stimulant, barb mix.

Slightly off topic but this scheduling business reminds me of a wierd situation here in the UK with oramorph which is liquid morphine solution. The solution is 10mg of morphine in 5ml of solution (no active additives). Although morphine is a class a controlled substance the concentration of oramoph is deemed low enough for it to be an unscheduled substance that falls in the prescription only category of all other unscheduled meds. This is so wierd since the 300ml bottle I get prescribed contains no other active ingredients and 600mg of morphine sulphate yet the 10mg in 1ml amps that I use at work as a paramedic are a class A drug as are the 10mg MST tablets. I've never understood this as what is to stop someone just drinking the whole 300mg bottle at once? If it was combined with APAP or Aspirin or something I could understand....but it isnt.

They do make another version of Oramorph which is 10mg per 1ml and that IS scheduled. The only difference being the concentration.

At work we are given the 10mg/ml ampoules and 100ml bottles of Oramorph both of which go in my controlled drugs locker along with my diazepam, midazolam and ketamine but technically the Oramorph isnt a controlled drug...

I dont understand. Maybe kittykat can explain??

I was prescribed Fioricet for migraines and was also on Methadone. For some reason, whenever I would take Fioricet I felt mild opiate withdrawal symptoms. I did some research and some people have said they experienced similar symptoms while others felt no negative anything from the Fioricet. Just my personal experience.

Butalbital is a hepatic enzyme inducer, so that could possibly be a mechanism why. It would make your body metabolize and eliminate the methadone a lot quicker and efficiently.

Sorry that I'm late to a real thread. I must use direction here. Fioricet is a really nice medicine, if you need it. This will stop a migraine in its tracts, when used correctly. Please use this important medication correctly.

Last edited:
It probably lowers your bodys absorbtion of morphine

as I said, Butalbital induces the metabolism of medicines increasing the rate at which your body processes them and kicks them out. Like tegretol (carbamazepeine). Methadone is a drug that butalbital interacts with metabolically.