Banned vs BL Mission Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Law-breaker

Hello
Q. How can I avoid being banned?
A. Follow the rules! Stupid!! Read the BLUA. (Link on the home page) If you're forgetful like me, employ the services of your local tattoo artist to have BLUA #4 inked permanently onto your chest. Me personally...I'm getting a neck tattoo. Read the BL Mission Statement (BLMS) Read the what?? Are you high? Like a platypus?

Real Question: What is Bluelight's mission statement?
I think it might be useful to have it spelled out, so as to put the rules into context.

Oh dear, you really do have your hands full.
Good morning alasdair.

I have never operated a website or moved an entire forum from vBulletin to Xenforo, but hey...how hard can it really be? Download the new app, swap around some USB cables, click the restart button. It's easy.
What's all the fuzz is about? lol.

Best of luck with all of that.

certainly more effort than a simple website search for "mission statement"...

alasdair

certainly more effort than a simple website search for "mission statement"...

alasdair

And more successful.
Maybe someone can...you know...put it in a nutshell.
BL What are you doing? Why?

I'll summarise it for you. The Bluelight ethos is harm reduction, and the mission therefore (as I understand it) it to reduce the harms associated with substance use by providing a forum for discussion where people can learn from the experiences and knowledge of others.

The rules therefore are also orientated around harm reduction. No sourcing drugs, no harmful advice, no legal advice, no unwarranted hostility to other members... there are more specific rules and I might be paraphrasing a little, but really, it's not complicated.

It's important to consider the wider context in which the rules exist also, which is one of global, state-sanctioned hostility towards the very idea that there might be a safe way to use psychoactive substances. Therefore discussion of certain topics, for example legal issues, which might not necessarily be in strict violation of the mission statement, are disallowed because if they were to become prevalent it would threaten the existence of Bluelight, and therefore likely lead to much more harm in the long run.

If you keep in mind that the primary goal is harm reduction then all the other rules and the reason for them should logically follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.