• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Baking ecstasy (what temperature does it break down)

BBrian

Greenlighter
I'm having a party tomorrow and have a bunch of ecstasy. We're baking cakes anyway, so were thinking of baking MDMA into some of them, but don't want to waste it! Does anyone know the temperature at which it will break down and become useless?

We could sprinkle it on after, and of course want to avoid the awful taste, so any suggestions welcome!

Don't do that. MDMA is not something you want to put on baked goods.

Slower onset, less efficient, increased nausea and the fact that no one is going to want to redose with a pastry all make it a silly way of taking drugs. Just take a pill and eat a muffin if you really want, lmao..

IMO something that might be cool is if you made those small popsicles by freezing juice with a toothpick in an icetray, adding the doses beforehand and making sure there is no spillage

Just make a pill dude, it's just as easy.
Or make a parachute, take your dose and wrap it up in tissue paper and drop it with a lot of water.
Emphasis on the lot of water, the worst is when you don't drink enough and it gets stuck and breaks open at the back of your through, ugggghhhghghhg

I don't think baking it is going to work too well. You could try one of those no bake cookie recepies.

Slower onset, less efficient, increased nausea and the fact that no one is going to want to redose with a pastry all make it a silly way of taking drugs. Just take a pill and eat a muffin if you really want, lmao..

Hands down the best response I've read in ED ever :)

@OP IMO, Baking is for marijuana, not MDMA, creative thinking though but I just can't see it working out well.

Lol I have actually ate mdma and shrooms in a no bake. It was intense I did get stomach cramps but I'm slightly allergic to oats. I'm a no bake junkie. I just take a benadryl with it

IMO something that might be cool is if you made those small popsicles by freezing juice with a toothpick in an icetray, adding the doses beforehand and making sure there is no spillage
Very good suggestion;)

What about sprinkling some MDMA powder on top of a bowl and smoking it... anyone ever try?

^ That would just be dumb.. but you can vaporize it like methamphetamine. It's melting point is a lot lower though so proper technique is extremely important.

Overall it's just dumb to smoke MDMA. I've tried it, it wasn't fun. Felt like less euphoric meth... just don't do it.

Your cakes are going to taste like ass if you sprinkle on or put MDMA in them, it is much easier to administer sublingually then wash down with a cold beverage.

I have heard smoking MDMA can cause a serotonin storm in your mind/body where too much serotonin is released at once, I am not 100% sure if that is true.

Regardless I hope this is a troll thread.

Why does nobody suggest making a paste?

Make a gum paste & mix the MDMA with the water solution before you add gelatin.

Calculate the ratio to mix beforehand. Little finger swipe of the gum paste in corner of mouth. Swirl for 10 mins. Drink water :)

Store the paste in small plastic tubs in the freezer to keep fresh. You're also avoiding any baking with this method.

Police stop you = It's cream for my skin. Try some on your own skin if you like lol

MDMA tastes TRULY horrible. (Most alkaloids do.)

Anyway, I don't believe it would damage it to bake some into a cake or such. I wouldn't expect it to have too much effect on the speed or intensity of onset (most baked goods are easily digested.)

I have heard smoking MDMA can cause a serotonin storm in your mind/body where too much serotonin is released at once, I am not 100% sure if that is true.

Yes, 'serotonin syndrome'. It's basically a fancy way of saying 'drug overdose' in this case; the drug effect can be much too strong, to the point where it can be highly disorienting, even fatal in extreme cases.

Why do people take vitamin C or drink orange juice prior to rolling on MDMA? Correct me if I'm wrong, but mdma is an amphetamine at heart and citric acid decreases absorption of amphetamines in General so why do it,?

Why do people take vitamin C or drink orange juice prior to rolling on MDMA? Correct me if I'm wrong, but mdma is an amphetamine at heart and citric acid decreases absorption of amphetamines in General so why do it,?

It all goes back to the early research on MDMA. Scientists had known for a while that if they gave a rat (or a monkey) a big enough overdose of MDMA the animal would get an odd sort of brain damage. Fairly early on, it became clear that the damage was happening through oxidative stress (some parts of the brain were basically rusting, being eaten away by reactive chemicals that are produced by our own bodies (like hydrogen peroxide.)

Which is why (a lifetime ago) I started recommending that users might want to make sure their bodies had a decent supply of anti-oxidants on hand as a sort of buffer against potential damage. You might say the idea caught on.

Vitamin C (and vitamin E) where two of the first anti-oxidants experimentally tested for protective effects against MDMA neurotoxicity. So, there's some history there, but also some good reasons for it. Vitamin C (for instance) is very effective as an antioxidant, cheap, and readily available in large, high-purity doses. And, as an essential vitamin, it gets actively transported into our brains; you know it will get where it's needed.

Which made it very convenient for our purposes.

Still, you raise an interesting question: Could vitamin C reduce the effects of MDMA?

There's some reason to think it could have at least a small effect, that's true. Vitamin C is normally acidic, and acidic things can reduce amphetamine absorption. On the other hand, I didn't notice anything (even with fairly high doses of vitamin C.) Other people may have had other experiences, of course.

There is non-acidic vitamin C available if you like (typically calcium ascorbate.)