• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baicalin & Baicalein Megathread

kleinerkiffer

Bluelight Crew
From Wikipedia:
Baicalin is a flavone glycoside. It is the glucuronide of baicalein.
Baicalin is found in several species in the genus Scutellaria, including Scutellaria baicalensis and Scutellaria lateriflora. There are 10 mg/g baicalin in Scutellaria galericulata leaves. It is one of the chemical ingredients of Sho-Saiko-To, an herbal supplement. It is also present in the bark isolate of the Oroxylum indicum tree.

Baicalein (5,6,7-trihydroxyflavone) is a flavone, a type of flavonoid, originally isolated from the roots of Scutellaria baicalensis and Scutellaria lateriflora. It is also reported in Oroxylum indicum or Indian trumpetflower. It is the aglycone of baicalin. Baicalein is one of the active ingredients of Sho-Saiko-To, a Japanese herbal supplement believed to enhance liver health.

Baicalein, along with its analogue baicalin, is a positive allosteric modulator of the benzodiazepine site and/or a non-benzodiazepine site of the GABAA receptor. It displays subtype selectivity for α2 and α3 subunit-containing GABAA receptors. In accordance, baicalein shows anxiolytic effects in mice without incidence of sedation or myorelaxation. It is thought that baicalein, along with other flavonoids, may underlie the anxiolytic effects of S. baicalensis and S. lateriflora. Baicalein is also an antagonist of the estrogen receptor, or an antiestrogen.

The flavonoid has been shown to inhibit certain types of lipoxygenases and act as an anti-inflammatory agent. It has antiproliferative effects on ET-1-induced proliferation of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cell proliferation via inhibition of TRPC1 channel expression. Possible antidepressant effects have also been attributed to baicalein in animal research.

Baicalein is an inhibitor of CYP2C9, an enzyme of the cytochrome P450 system that metabolizes drugs in the body.

A derivative of baicalin is a known prolyl endopeptidase inhibitor.

Baicalein has been shown to inhibit Staphylococcus aureus biofilm formation and the quorum sensing system in vitro.

I bump this old thread
those are interesting compounds, I love skullcap, I will buy at least 0.5kg of it, since I bought 100 grams and it worked so well...

I bump this old thread
those are interesting compounds, I love skullcap, I will buy at least 0.5kg of it, since I bought 100 grams and it worked so well...
What effects do you experience and how do you use it?

What effects do you experience and how do you use it?
a good bunch of leaves, 15 minutes tea, but low heat
it's pretty relaxing and I would say focus enhancing, muscle relaxant, and somtimes good for sleep,
a bit meditative. minor euphoria.