• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

bad veins

bobby718

Greenlighter
hey im new to this site got a question and need some advice. been a daily heroin iv user for the last two years. couldnt get any of my regular small rigs so had to use 3ml rigs. blowed out all veins in both arms. have tried using my hands and feet with no luck. not sure where to go or what to do from here. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What region do you live in? Do you not have a needle exchange service beside you?

Much better to get rid of your 3ml rigs for your normal size and save your veins

3ml rigs usually come with ~23 gauge needles which are huge. The best advice I can give you is stop injecting...
I'm moving this to Other Drugs

i was having the same problem as you.. hand veins are really hard to hit but with practice i was able to do it. anyway, i recently stopped using for 24 days but i relapsed yesterday and bam just like that i was able to hit my old arm vein that i thought was gone for good. so if u can try to take a break so your veins can heal a bit. also lifting heavy shit helps them come back out i think my job requires me to do so all day so that works to my advantage. if u can't take a break then try the hand veins just inject VERRRRRRRY slowly.

3ml rigs regularly come in 25-27 gauge now. Depends on where you're getting them and what you're buying.

Are you back to normal sized rigs? Because there's dozens of smaller veins you can use if you're careful and absolutely can't live with another way of ingestion. Just when I think I'm done after 12 years of IV'ing, I find something, sometimes taking 2 hours of poking around. Also helps to consult anatomy diagrams, then you can go after veins you can't see clearly.