• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bad LSD trip, anyone have one similar to mine?

aaek411

Greenlighter
I recently had a bad trip & was wondering if anyone else’s bad trip was similar to mine. I’ve taken LSD many times & always enjoyed it quite a bit. I decided to do it with my boyfriend the other night who i’ve also done it with many times. We each took 2 tabs (as usual) & right off the bat i noticed they were extremely bitter but convinced myself it was fine. Whenever i do acid when i first feel it, it’s awkward & i have a feeling in my chest but as it gets stronger both of those things go away & i have a great time. This time it took about 30 minutes & then hit me hard like a brick wall. Immediately i felt weird but decided we should go on a car ride (we usually enjoy this). The ride was fine however i noticed i was tripping extremely hard, more so than usual but figured that meant it’d be a good night. we get back to my house & all of a sudden we both are finding everything hilarious. this was pretty fun but it was uncontrollably funny. we decided to watch that 70’s show (we usually do) & it was nice & funny as usual but then all of a sudden i looked at him & said “what even is this show? what is it? it doesn’t make any sense?” & he was just like “idk” & started rubbing my arm comforting me but only 10 seconds later i snapped back into it & realized it was our show & it was funny, but only for a little bit. Then all of a sudden the light hearted, funny show we love so much turned dark. It had a creepy green ora to it & the storyline turned dark, everyone had so many problems & their lives turned so toxic. Their faces were no longer attractive they were all scaring me. I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth to tell him the show was freaking me out so eventually i turn around & lay on him & said “i can’t watch this.” Next thing i knew, it was like a switch in my brain went off & my mind was malfunctioning. i starred at the wall & was thinking to myself 10000 mph but couldn’t talk. He was begging me to talk but the sentences i was making in my head wouldn’t come out of my mouth like i couldn’t figure out how to string words together to make sense. He said “let’s sit u up & try to get some words out of you” & i managed to mumble “the words make sense in my head but when i try to say them they won’t come out” & so he just held me & let me stare at the wall. I was starring, shaking my head no, & giggling here & there. I was also extremely confused. Time went by & i started talking little by little until i could finally make full sentences & have conversations, although my trip was still scary. We continued to trip for a whole 16 hours & it wouldn’t stop. I was terrified it would never stop & i’d be locked up in a mental hospital forever. We were laying there losing our minds laughing uncontrollably at everything & nothing. we were sooo sleep deprived at this point since we were STILL tripping so that contributed to us losing our shit for hours on end as well. Now & then he would scream & start punching the bed yelling “i’m ready for this shit to be over” & i was just praying to god that he helps me out of it alive & well. eventually we fell asleep, not bc we were done tripping intensely but bc our brains finally gave in & couldn’t stay awake any longer. It was torturous. This was yesterday & I woke up today just now not tripping anymore. Anyone else experience something similar to this?

if those blotters were extremely bitter, it was not lsd. as lsd has no taste or flavour. And no psychedelic trip is alike as no train of thought that gets altered could be the same.

I think with enough tripping, everyone gets difficult/frightening/confusing experiences at some point. Sometimes individual tabs can be dosed much stronger than others because the sheet curled when it dried and the edge pieces received more. And sometimes LSD just hits me harder than other times. I've experienced confusion and paranoia before, for sure.

Also though considering the duration, it's possible it was a DOX compound, though those are very rare to see on blotters anymore. DOB and DOC can last 18-24 hours off a single dose. Like the above poster said, if the blotter was bitter, it was not LSD. If it was not bitter, then it was LSD. However a high dose of LSD could cause what you're talking about.

Ive once had real lsd that actually had a slightly bitter taste from the ini of the blotter.
All other times its been basicly tasteless.

Yeah a slight bitterness can just be the ink, but other things impersonating LSD are all quite bitter (except other lysergamides but those are all more expensive than actual LSD so I don't think that's really happening much at all)

I have done DOM before which gave a trip similar to yours was intense neon visuals and morphing and a inability to speak or understand language for 8 hours yet able to think clearly. Test your stuff before dropping, It is rare for pure lsd to induce complete language suppression for such a duration even during bad trips unless your dosing and mixing with cannabis on heroic doses

Instead of false advertised LSD they should just print whatever DOx and they would be gone instantly.

The real danger nowadays is probably in NBOx though, as they are dirt cheap and more widely available

Ink does have a taste on some blotters, but it's different from the chemical taste of a DOx/2c much less bitter and sharp.

Had you taken acid recently? Is it possible your tolerance was low (2 week+) and the dose you previously took hit you a lot harder? High doses of acid tend to last longer. If your source is reliable that could be a reason. If it's not reliable send it off for testing.

People also have to be careful, there are RCs that are tasteless now in the NBOH series always use a indole testing kit to rule out

^^ Yes!! TripSitterNZ is indeed correct. Always, always use a testing kit guys!

Here's a poem I just wrote:

Hey guy,
Use a testing kit
Or you die
or have a fit

Also, to OP, what happened to you was called "Language Suppression" https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Language_suppression

It can be scary when these things happen to you and you're not aware of them. However, if you read into the common effects of psychedelics thoroughly, when these things do happen to you, you can be prepared well.

I tripped alone on acid hundreds of times and this never happened to me. Yet the moment I tripped with my girlfriend, and she was watching a TV show with me, something similar happened. I just couldn't find my words, I got really frustrated with that, too. It was the first time this phenomena occurred with me. I do believe that there is a correlation in our stories, it's either the social aspect or the anxiety (You felt pressured to socialize with her or expend brain energy to understand the TV show). In my opinion, first timers or inexperienced psychonauts should always have an introspective trip with music/binaural beats, with a person only there to watch/oversee.

"We continued to trip for a whole 16 hours & it wouldn’t stop. "
Acid usually does last long, though I wonder, as your tabs were "extremely bitter", they were probably not real LSD. If it lasts a long time and it's bitter, it's definitely not LSD.

As for your delusions on "I'll be crazy like this forever" "I'll be locked in a mental hospital", those are normal. It's a crazy cycle that can create thought loops too. For example, an experienced psychonaut like myself knows that acid doesn't last forever, however, I'll forget this, then think oh my god, I'm gonna be like this forever. Then I'll remember acid doesn't last forever, and so the loop will go on and on. Delusions of permanent insanity are common though, and it doesn't help convincing yourself that it won't happen. Alas, the mind is so fragile.

Last edited:
As for your delusions on "I'll be crazy like this forever" "I'll be locked in a mental hospital", those are normal.

Yeah I've tripped probably 500 times or more in my life, and I STILL occasionally get this sort of thought when things get really hectic. Totally normal. The first time it happens it's really scary. But once you've come down and realized everything is fine and you're not crazy, it becomes easier and easier to realize that and push through those thoughts while they're happening.