• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Baclofen vs Phenibut... experiences for anxiety, other?

jamesldavis1

Greenlighter
Hey,

Has anyone taken either or both? For background I am not a recreational drug user, Ionly use things as prescribed for health problems. I had a bad bad reaction to taking pseudoephedrine, and since I've had chronic heart failure(my heart relaxation phase is too short), severe anxiety, tinnitus and feeling a lot of electrical impulses in my body when I hear loud noises or get startled.

My naturopath recommended Kavinace, a Phenibut and Theanine-containing supplement, to take 3x a day. I am leaning toward taking Baclofen, which my doc gave me a prescription for, as I have read they are similar and that some people find Phenibut to have more side effects. I would truly appreciate any help and advice, stories and experiences with using the drugs, for therapeutic effect, in a recommended dose range. Again I absolutely do not want to use either to "get high," just to try to get my body back in statis. Thanks.

I have plenty of experience with both so I may be able to help you out. Personally I don't find either very recreational (only mood lift, anxiolysis, and if need be... W/D relief), so it's good that your not expecting to get blasted on either, though many do find them to produce a worthwhile buzz so ymmv. Anyways, that's not what this post is about. IME they are very, very similar and are decent anxiolytics, not nearly as good as a benzo or anything but they'll get the job in some cases. Now I'm gonna reccomend you opt for baclofen for several reasons. Baclofen dependence seems to build alot slower than phenibut dependency. I took baclofen daily for a couple weeks and noticed no rebound anxiety or anything like that whereas a week on phenibut causes me some messed up rebound issues.

Another reason baclofen is better ime is tolerance doesn't build as fast as phenibut. Many phenibut users will attest to rapid build of tolerance caused by phenibut, it really is pretty bad tbh. Every few days my dose would have to go up by a gram. Now this may not be what everyone experiences, but this was never a problem with baclofen. The final reason, or final two reasons I would choose baclofen over phenibut is ingestion of a pill is far more convenient than ingesting a bunch of disgusting fluffy powder and baclofen is far easier on the stomach, at least compared to your standard run of the mill phenibut, as it's incredibly acidic and nauseating at higher doses. This can be avoided by buying "free amino acid" phenibut but tbh, if you have access to baclofen don't even bother. Hope this helps :)

I have plenty of experience with both so I may be able to help you out. Personally I don't find either very recreational (only mood lift, anxiolysis, and if need be... W/D relief), so it's good that your not expecting to get blasted on either, though many do find them to produce a worthwhile buzz so ymmv. Anyways, that's not what this post is about. IME they are very, very similar and are decent anxiolytics, not nearly as good as a benzo or anything but they'll get the job in some cases. Now I'm gonna reccomend you opt for baclofen for several reasons. Baclofen dependence seems to build alot slower than phenibut dependency. I took baclofen daily for a couple weeks and noticed no rebound anxiety or anything like that whereas a week on phenibut causes me some messed up rebound issues.

Another reason baclofen is better ime is tolerance doesn't build as fast as phenibut. Many phenibut users will attest to rapid build of tolerance caused by phenibut, it really is pretty bad tbh. Every few days my dose would have to go up by a gram. Now this may not be what everyone experiences, but this was never a problem with baclofen. The final reason, or final two reasons I would choose baclofen over phenibut is ingestion of a pill is far more convenient than ingesting a bunch of disgusting fluffy powder and baclofen is far easier on the stomach, at least compared to your standard run of the mill phenibut, as it's incredibly acidic and nauseating at higher doses. This can be avoided by buying "free amino acid" phenibut but tbh, if you have access to baclofen don't even bother. Hope this helps :)

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I think I will go with the Baclofen. I'm not so much worried about dependancy from Phenibut as I intend to take either for a long time, but tolerance is an issue, and safety. I'm not sure I love that Phenibut is unregulated and developed in Russia.

I have taken diazapem, and that's good, but I don't want the long-term side effects. I am planning to add in passionflower, blue vervain and some other herbs down the road, but I'll give Baclofen a good month before adding things in. THanks.

For me the baclofen is much smoother than the phenibut. I usually take 50mgs of baclofen. Only about twice a week. Phenibut come down is hard for me. Whole body aches and feel tired and weak about 24 hours after taking phenibut

I can't speak about phenibut since I've never taken it, but I'm scripted 80mg of baclofen (20mg 4x daily) for alcohol dependency. I don't really feel any effects from it anymore, but when I've gone on benders and stopped taking my meds, I've never suffered any withdrawals from it, which sounds like it wouldn't be the case with phenibut.

It does nothing for my generalized anxiety and panic disorders. I take Vistaril (hydroxyzine) and Ativan for that.

Aihfl - does the vistaril really help you with your anxiety? The baclofen has helped me a lot. But I do worry about tolerance so it is not something I take everyday. I do not want to take benzos. The vistaril is not benzo, right?

Phenibut made my anxiety turn into paranoid schizophreny / delirium , watch out with it , it's akin to taking ghb for anxiety only viable with small irregular doses and a steady supply.