• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc baclofen, gabapentin, pragabalin questions

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Note: its not my fault that the text comes out as a wall of text. something fucked up with the formatting for me for a while on bluelight. whatever i type gets sucked into a block once i post. very embarrasing predicament. any mods care to explain a solution? Firstly regarding toxicity I read that it fucks up your kidneys leading to renal failure by building up in your system and can cause tumours in rats. Is this a big concern for on and off usage. The literature Ive read so far wasnt very clear about how long it takes for this to occur and how heavy usage has to be. Also strange that it is so toxic when it is so closely related to ghb which is about as toxic as water. Next what is up with psychosis as being a side effect of these drugs? I thought it would cause the opposite since they are just gaba derivatives or are the reported cases very rare? Regarding physical addiction is it true that it is more lenient than other gabaergics? I know withdrawal can happen but is it ok so long as you arent taking it every day? I would only want it for maybe once a week use and for sleep after occasional functional stim use which I hear it is very good for. Ive read it is more forgiving in that respect than phenibut. Ive read that gabapentin is like ghb lite which sounds just what the doctor ordered. Also of the three i named which is least toxic/dangerous? but works as a sleep aid and anxiolytic? baclofen sounds like the weakest of the lot. does that make it the safest?. on the other hand gabapentin is weaker than prega and also takes pretty decent doses from what I read for active effects which would probably make it safer? in terms of dosing.

From my research on both gabapentin and pregabalin, on and off usage (approximately once or twice a week) will not cause kidney problems because the chemical never has a chance to build up in the system, but chronic use for years can cause problems.
I have never read a case of psychosis, but gabapentin and pregabalin do not directly affect GABA, its a downstream effect, and they tend to affect many portions of the brain which can lead to significant chemical imbalances in VERY few people.
No, withdrawal from baclofen and pregabalin imparticular are very brutal from reports i have read. Even every other day usage can cause problems. To be safe, once a week would be the maximum that i would ever do them so as to avoid addiction problems.
Gabapentin is actually the weakest of the three in my experience, but baclofen would come in second. Pregabalin is my favourite though, very nice sleep aid and very fun.