• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Baclofen? Any good at all?

ChronicJ

Greenlighter
Is baclofen worth any recreational use? How about along with 5mg Percocet?

Ive had them for a couple months now and I'm not really to sure.. I maybe get a little tired but nothing much at all..:? So any thoughts on them would help I can't find much other than it helps with withdrawals possibly.. Has anyone else been prescribed these? And if so when you told your Dr they did not work anymore what medication did you get next? I don't want to get rid of these for something that's not as enjoyable=D (if they even really are)

All I know is one time I took like 15 of those baclofen and I was fucked up for like 2 days. Kinda like being drunk.

They're Ok but not much recreationally......I prefer somas. Baclofen is better than nothing tho.

I was interested in this too because I got to get off clonazepam. For some reason I can take a million kpins and shoot dope and still be walking around, hardly blinking, but throw a soma in me, and I get obliterated.

From several studies it seems that baclofen has some weird ability at reducing cocaine/alchohol/benzo cravings. I was in a detox once and they showed us this weird documentary where they gave some coke head a baclofen, then did brain imaging as they showed them pictures of crack pipes, dope, needles etc..Supposedly the results showed a reduction in brain 'light ups' after taking the baclofen, which made me wonder why they weren't giving us all baclofen if it was such a great deterrent, showing us fucking movies like that.

IME OP, I asked for baclofen and was given 'gabapentin' which I despise. I'm not sure why you were given baclofen, was it prescribed as a muscle relaxant for spasms or something? Or were you withdrawing from dope/pills? Anxiety? It could be worse, you could always get 'gabapentin', the pill prescribed for everything. Although it could be worse for me too, I could have gotten an SSRI to help with my benzo withdrawals.

I was interested in this too because I got to get off clonazepam. For some reason I can take a million kpins and shoot dope and still be walking around, hardly blinking, but throw a soma in me, and I get obliterated.

From several studies it seems that baclofen has some weird ability at reducing cocaine/alchohol/benzo cravings. I was in a detox once and they showed us this weird documentary where they gave some coke head a baclofen, then did brain imaging as they showed them pictures of crack pipes, dope, needles etc..Supposedly the results showed a reduction in brain 'light ups' after taking the baclofen, which made me wonder why they weren't giving us all baclofen if it was such a great deterrent, showing us fucking movies like that.

IME OP, I asked for baclofen and was given 'gabapentin' which I despise. I'm not sure why you were given baclofen, was it prescribed as a muscle relaxant for spasms or something? Or were you withdrawing from dope/pills? Anxiety? It could be worse, you could always get 'gabapentin', the pill prescribed for everything. Although it could be worse for me too, I could have gotten an SSRI to help with my benzo withdrawals.

i was prescribed the baclofen for my sleeping and back pains after I can back from a MRI I had a bunch of stuff come up but I went through a bunch of medication till I got to Percocet and baclofen... Baclofen is for my "sleeping" so my doctors says. So I'm not to sure if I should tell him these aren't doing the job anymore because I'm not sure what I'm going to get next haha >.<

I wouldn't push it with the percocet, the doctor might think you're drug seeking.

Im already prescribed Percocet lol.

He means you might lose that script if your doctor thinks you're purposely asking for medications you can abuse.

I've gotten baclofen scripted for both back pain and withdrawal. Didn't help with either and I definitely didn't feel anything.