• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids baclofen and ghb

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
I am prescribed 30mg baclofen daily for muscle spasms in the neck. I have been on it over a year. I routinely have several standard drinks in the evening as I unwind. I would like to switch from this to GHB. All the literature I have found on ghb and baclofen is NOT promising. Pass out and intubation case studies - but all of these involved high doses of baclofen and ghb. What I would like to know is if anyone has tried this with success and found a sweet spot? IE is it always a straight ticket to the ER, or could I titrate up ml by ml and find a fun experience. I am not interested in being wasted, 2 - 4 ml was as much as i would consume to begin with.

thanks

im kind of shocked no one has anything to say on this.

I would definitely not substitute GHB for alcohol when on baclofen. GHB is not at all like alcohol, well, maybe a bit similar but nothing has made me say "ah fuck it, who cares about my dosing protocol, I'm sure I can handle a little more" quite like GHB. Passed myself out a number of times like this. I'm really bad when it comes to GABA-ergics though. I also managed to black myself out of several days on Etizolam, even one evening spilling my stash on the floor when trying to redose the 5th time (3 times too many at minimum) and literally soaking the liquid on the floor with a kleenex and parachuting it (dose unknown) to another lost 20 hours.

That said, I think more than just myself can have a problem moderating doses of GHB - it is nowhere near as easy as not drinking another beer (which I am firmly able to do).

I also have had Baclofen. Relatively easy to take a dose and call it quits, but then I figured it would be great to go with Pregabalin, both impacting GABA in different ways, why not try and get the full spectrum and all. Definitely had an issue continuing to take little bits of both over the course of the evening, even when I was clearly subjectively FUCKED UP. Girlfriend came home to me acting like a completely different person (I don't remember this) - just weird somehow, she instantly knew I was messed but didn't really say anything. Then we went to bed and I passed out breathing weirdly with my arm spasming like wild and she tried everything she could do to wake me up. She would have called an ambulance if she hadn't interacted with me before I went to bed and she was more worried more than angry (she said she was sure I would sleep through a fire and she wouldn't be able to wake me up or carry me out in that state). I promptly threw out my Baclofen. We have a bit of a "don't ask - don't be a drugged the fuck up nightmare to deal with" policy on my habits. I invariably mess up every now and then but that was definitely one of the worst.

Pregabalin is pretty nuts in high dosages and kind of comparable to 1/3rd of the feeling of GHB but it has a bit of a ceiling effect. I worry that combining Baclofen with GHB would be a respiratory depression nightmare and you'd feel so good until you took just too much. Obviously you are going to do what you want but that combo scares the hell out of me.

Side note, while GHB has the capacity to be a horrible nightmare all on its own (so don't take this so much as a recommendation, just more like harm reduction), if you are dead set on using it, why not try it on its own, I'm sure it will reduce your muscle spasms to a reasonable degree or at least make you not care about them. Or at least only use GHB on weekends and not take your Baclofen that day.

Final note (I'll stop, you don't need a book of my ramblings), GHB is alcohol-like but it is not alcohol, it is way more fucking fun. Even if you successfully don't kill yourself with this combo - you are going to push it with the GHB and you are going to either be late for work because you passed out before setting alarms and oh hey, its 11am or you are going to wake up, still be a bit wasted from the night and drive dangerously to work where you will probably be at least a little haggard. It's very hard to do "a couple drinks worth", even if you measure it out and put the rest away for the night. After even a couple of days or a week, you will take your two ml, realize it isn't doing what it used to, and up the dose to 4ml or 2X2ml, one of the problems with it is that your enjoyment tolerance scales differently to the safety tolerance and you can get to a point where the amounts to get one are dangerously close to when you succumb to the other.

Cheers and be safe

baclofen and GHB are oth strong GABA-B agonists, so the combination could easily lead to passing out or even coma. Also as the poster above said, GHB is WAY more euphoric and reinforcing than alcohol, leading to compulsive redosing. This makes it a rather dangerous drug if you have a supply, though it's quite non-toxic if used reasonably. However it's simply too much action at the GABA-B receptors, it would be a bad idea. Alcohol primarily affects GABA-A receptors (and a bunch of other things to some extent including dopamine - by the way GHB also causes a dopamine flood because a downstream effect of agonizing the GHB receptor sites is a release of dopamine), so it's safer to combine with baclofen.

i am experienced with both. I am a reserved user, I have an ML measurer. I have been on the baclofen about 2 years, and am going to titrate off of it soon. I have been using measured (40ml) doses of ethanol, up to 4x to deal w some anxiety problems here or there. I am not trying to get wasted. what i need to know is if i can induce low level gaba intoxication w several ml's of ghb/baclofen, or if it's a complete no go as far as combination.

well, one is salty - the other tastes like straight paint thinner. there's that ;)

but yeah, i need to know if anyone has experience like - edging - with these two compounds. all the literature that is talking about danger is also talking about MASSIVE doses of ghb and baclofen (several ounces ghb, 80mg baclofen - i only take 30mg daily). So it seems like there could be some room if you were very frugal with dosing. I was thinking 1/2ml max per 4 hour period might be reasonable to take the edge of slightly. like i said, im medicating anxiety, not looking to get wasted.

any other tell tale signs that you can tell if its ghb or gbl?

Isn't that enough? taste a tiny little bit. If it tastes like salt, it's GHB. If it tastes like paint thinner or something, it's GBL (or at least, not GHB).

... not really what I was asking about, if we could keep it on topic there are plenty of ghb/gbl id threads. I need to know about low dose baclofen and ghb.

Try the GBL on it's own, have been myself for 10 years. Was prescribed baclofen to aid alcohol withdrawal, but GBL works a lot better. GBL is easily sourced from eastern europe (wouldn't have a clue where to get GHB from even)....stick to 1.5 ml doses , spaced at least 1 hour apart. GBL has loads of other benefits too. There is the addiction problem, same with all drugs I guess.

Both are great to end in a short-lasting coma. I really wouldn't mix these. I get messed up enough on either one alone. And alcohol doesn't mix well with such drugs ime, even faster coma...

ok, once again - i am on baclofen for long term maintenance of muscle spasms. not taking the baclofen is not an option. so ill re ask the question : has anyone used tiny amounts of g w/baclofen and been ok? if i get junk answers here ill just drop the thread...

You did get answers. See my response above. It's not safe. You can probably get away with tiny amounts but it would be really easy to go overboard which could lead to injury or death. I can't suggest you try as it would be counter to harm reduction. I have not tried it before personally.

I have tried Baclofen and GBL (same as GHB really(?)),I'm prescribed Baclofen for alcohol withdrawal,and taken both at the same time, roughly. Nothing terrible happens. For me the GBL is just kind of a stronger version of Baclofen. And as has been mentioned, the GBL works for muscle spasms too, I believe. You are adamant on taking your Baclofen, because you are prescribed it , I guess. Though all that goes out of the window once you start mixing your drugs, doesn't it. Even your doctor would say this. hope this doesn't sound too bossy, I often come across that way :)

no no, that's a much better response - someone here has used them together and not ended up in a coma. great! I assume they potentiate each other, being agonists of the same receptor, and that I could edge (1ml at a time) into the G. I just need to replace alcohol in my life. I drink little bits of vodka in the evening, replacing that with 1 - 5ml of g over the course of 8 hours would be HIGHLY preferable. i might give it a go tomorrow. 1ml at a time, nothing crazy. --- which come to think of it --- most of what im medicating here is alcohol/gaba related withdrawal compounded w/PTSD.... so high doses of bac work for you for this? the 30mg im on a day seems to control the spasms, but i still get jolty gaba wd symptoms if i drink for a day or two. .. interesting. maybe i should try titrating up on the baclofen.

Sorry for the late reply, hadn't seen your response....Don't you find GBL kills your craving for alcohol? I do and of course it's prescribed in Italy and Austria for that reason (as Alcover), to help withdrawal and abstinence, it totally does the job for me. Was on a 6 month alcohol (binge I guess you would call it, though was just self self medicating not for fun or anything :) 100 litres of vodka in 5 months, so not so much but pretty bad...then switched to G in one day....smooth transition. So you could replace alcohol with G? A lot healthier in my opinion...I could be be biased though. Though to get any effect with G you'll need to take between 1 and 1.5ml each time (sorry if you know this already!) , spaced at least an hour apart

PS I'm prescribed Baclofen but don't take it anymore, as I said it seems like a weak GBL, though I still get it on prescription, to appease doctors etc, who have the best intentions

This is a very interested post! I have only heard of people taking or being prescribed Baclofen for GHB/GBL withdrawal. Not taking GHB/GBL to come off Baclofen. I would assume since it's prescribe in the manner of GHB/GBL replacement..it wouldn't be too harmful. I would just seriously research the interaction of the two maybe even discuss the combination to your doctor if you feel comfortable.