• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Back spasms with opiates related to back issues or just usual thing?

tacodude

Bluelighter
So for a long time starting I've had)full body twitch /spasms that before drugs usually happened dropping kids off at the pool. It happened more frequently with my opiate use starting back in the end of 2010 with oxycodone/morphone to now adays with mu binding compounds usually later at night....

It's usually cause it's dope or dillys I can iv. It's not that I can't IV, but morphine causes me too many physical side effects possibly histamine related . Codeine+oxy/hydrocodone don't create physical side effects, but probably histamine related effects as well that are more mental as they are simulating yet intoxicating in a manner that affects equilibrium or something to a minor degree that doesn't affect functioning just sleep. Just assumptions here...

Of course it happened more when I was tired and sometimes nodding, but usually it has to do with me just trying to get comfortable and relax a bit only for a spasm to start from my lower left and spread out. It's always the same spot spiking a pain that goes from 0 to 2 gently then up to 3-4 in an instant before the spasm his that feels like the pain levels would just get severely worse if the spasm didn't hit.

Now nothings really diagnosed as doctors are difficult with an opiate using CPP, but I know my lower left back is injured to the left of the spine that causes pain and rare pinches on the muscle with pain levels of 3 at most fatigued, but usually ok just the muscle is tense. This happened from a water slide around 2005, but neglected due to parents fear and paranoia of medical industry. In 2010 something happens to one of my shoulders screwing the alignment of both up and the scapula on one side....

Finally that same night there was a botched 5 mg haldol injection that possibly hit a nerve cluster instead of a muscle and has left my right leg super messed up. I think this because the doctor seem to hit the lower outter section of the four sections to draw to figure out how to hit the glute.....

It took me five years of seeing doctors forced and voluntary were I shared the situation where finally one suggested the nerve cluster thing. I have known that just feeling the knot in that area that has never gone away, but I gave up suggesting my opinions a while ago. It was just nice to see a doctor suggest what I already suspected, but had been shot down and ignored by one careless crooked

So to conclude think the spasms are just common opiate thing? Or is it a symptom of my back issues the opiates bring out?

Thank you and sorry if my text is just a bit much.

Last edited: