Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Awakening

Yourbaker

Bluelighter
In your view is the world awakening?

Have you had an awakening experience?

What does it mean from your perspective?

We hear it all over the media and even from comedians referring to themselves as "woke", are they? What do you believe they are referring to and is it real to you as something shifting in our world view?

Personally I feel a change that has resulted from letting go of my once held beliefs and re-establishing myself based only on what is real and experiential from my tiny spot in existence. My philosophical perspective has moved to what not only feels correct but also has direct results for the greater good. I would even define the greater good as those actions that expend less from me but provide greatly for others.

I would say it isn't an experience that is controlled or held by any belief, but from my perspective, it is an experience from dissolving beliefs that have restricted my view of reality.

Thoughts?

Mass awakening? It's hard to follow with so many interpretations. Sometimes I buy into it and other times I would rather avoid the preachy ones who claim things like global shift.

It's not that I don't believe people are awakening more and more. I just don't see how the statistics or ratio is impacting enough to wake people up at a better rate, assuming that it's not a dangerous process to most.

Most of my awakening happened at around the same span of time. Was coming out of an abusive relationship and started to realize my friends were not really friend material. I was also struggling with my own perspective in all this to make matters worse. The hardest parts of the awakening were the parts where I didn't have the abilities to see the types of people I was supposed to avoid. I don't think I challenged them enough. With my own health problems and weakness caused by medications, I had nowhere to turn to get help. It felt like everyone who was supposed to help me ended up turning against me.

Coming out of the dark night of the soul into the void, I've realized that a lot of the way I structured my beliefs and thought systems was all just a basis for learning how other people might function. Our perspective is a major trap, I found, where stuck in it so deeply it becomes impossible to relate to other people who have deeper issues than we think. It's no longer as challenging for me to gather that my perspective isn't, in a sense, what makes me human. It's just simply another part of my being.

I would say my awakening gave me a better understanding of what to do and what not to do. I cannot even begin to fathom comparing that to how other people are, though, so I don't really know if there will be anything like a massive shift.

I go back and forth about this. I think the "woke" thing is a bit of a fad and is social posturing for many people, but I do think it's also indicative of society at large becoming more aware of the need to have respect for others and to break the us vs them mentality paradigm. It remains to be seen whether we are able to achieve a lasting elevation in our awareness beyond the needs of the self in society. Certainly we have a long way to go, and clearly there is a whole lot of the opposite as well right now, across the vast majority of the planet. But I'm glad it's at least being talked about and that there are places where it is practiced. I love my town (I don't know whether to call it a city yet, it is absolutely booming and has doubled in size in the last 10 years) because by and large, people here are, for lack of a better term, "woke", and not in the "look at me, I'm totally, like, woke and stuff which makes me better than you" kind of way, but in a genuine "hey neighbor, let me help you, all humans deserve respect" kind of way. I know it's possible for communities to exist and prosper in this way, but I don't see it on a broader scale.

true spiritual awakening is when you a liberated from the cycle of birth and death. You will no longer suffer and your ego will dissolve away into the infinite you are in the godhead 24/7 in bliss and divine love. Your presence itself would distort time and space altering the consciousness of those around them. These effects are present in true enlightened spiritual masters and extremely rare lifetimes of dedicated meditation and spiritual work is needed before anybody achieves this state. Every among gurus in india there is usually less than 3 truly awakened beings alive at any onetime since true enlightenment is so rare and hard to achieve.

true spiritual awakening is when you a liberated from the cycle of birth and death. You will no longer suffer and your ego will dissolve away into the infinite you are in the godhead 24/7 in bliss and divine love. Your presence itself would distort time and space altering the consciousness of those around them. These effects are present in true enlightened spiritual masters and extremely rare lifetimes of dedicated meditation and spiritual work is needed before anybody achieves this state. Every among gurus in india there is usually less than 3 truly awakened beings alive at any onetime since true enlightenment is so rare and hard to achieve.
This is very true. Everyone else is distracted by their smartphones and the news.

...Coming out of the dark night of the soul into the void, I've realized that a lot of the way I structured my beliefs and thought systems was all just a basis for learning how other people might function. Our perspective is a major trap, I found, where stuck in it so deeply it becomes impossible to relate to other people who have deeper issues than we think. It's no longer as challenging for me to gather that my perspective isn't, in a sense, what makes me human. It's just simply another part of my being.

I would say my awakening gave me a better understanding of what to do and what not to do. I cannot even begin to fathom comparing that to how other people are, though, so I don't really know if there will be anything like a massive shift.

This is somewhat similar to at least parts of my own experience and I must agree it's a far too personal experience to be able to predict how it might express in someone else.

The similarities are coming through difficult circumstances, for some it is near death events and for others it's relationship ending or death of a loved ones. In everyone it seems to begin where our previous beliefs couldn't get any traction on the reality we were experiencing and we needed to come to a new understanding.

I feel those mass shift preachy types are the easy first idea people stumble upon when they are facing the dark night of the soul. When you suddenly realize you have lost your fixed point of reference in life and someone throws you a rope it all seems good, I'm sure a lot is intended well. I went back to church, thinking religion might hold some answers as I had a few new questions.

Change in my drug use was a huge part of my own awakening experience. It was the first 25 sober days in a row for me in 20 years so mentally it was the beginning of clarity. Professionally I'm over 30 years into my trade one day I realized the industry leaders were the people I worked for and they had been following my advice for the last 5 years. It became apparent the school of old knowledge I had believe in wasn't really very large and was mostly mythical in my mind.

In every field in the world the knowledge has been held for generations, somewhat guarded. The internet has changed that, lots of bullshit and stupidity but if it's already in your own field it's pretty easy to see through crap.

For me the simple understanding that everything I believed needed to be re-evaluated with more care to see all the sides of an issue and not just the bi-polar media attention viewpoints.

I use the term awake because just believing everything people tell you is like living in a dream. I can't be awake in areas I don't completely understand but I can apply the same underlying understanding that people with real world experience in these areas can bring my understanding up to speed if I don't hold bias and just learn.