• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Avoiding Heroin tolerance

so it goes

Greenlighter
Hi,

I have been chasing Heroin most Saturdays (barring other engagements) for over a year now, I usually have between 8 -12 small hits in a sitting and have not noticed a tolerance build up over this time. I have been told you can avoid addiction by smoking 1 day and then having three off and repeating? I wish to avoid building a tolerance to Heroin, as I believe tolerance is the first step towards addiction. If I were to smoke every 4th day do you think I would begin to build a tolerance? Is three days off enough? Doing this would make my Heroin use fall on different days, so I would probably only be smoking after work a lot of the time, based on my current usage I would imagine I would do about 4 hits on a work night and continue doing between 8-12 if a usage day fell on the weekend.

I really don't wish to build a tolerance so any advice and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to bluelight =)

I don't know shit about heroin but like any other drug yes you can build tolerance to it quickly, and it depends on your individual body chemistry. Also a lot of it is psychological.. I'd tell you that you're playing with fire but you already know that, just do your best to keep your usage as it is and you shouldn't have any problems..

Best of luck

3 to 4 days in between use is great as far as not building a tolerance and should work well.

That being said, it's only a matter of time before you slip into full addiction. It's not a question of if, but when.

The fact that you're having to come up with adoseage schedule is a sure sign that you are psychologically addicted.

I agree you will definitely wind up addictive. Things like H, meth, IV cocaine, you can only take a few times in life I feel without slipping up big style. Everyone will have at least one out of 3 of them that would be a massive problem if you start using it weekly even. Tried H twice about a year ago no real plans to take it again, it was good.