• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Avoiding diazepam dependence

you fail to fully understand what i have said
i have gone up to 2 weeks without taking any benzos because most often than not i dont need to take anything because i rather face anxiety head on than run from it
im not longer having 8+ beers i came down to 2 maybe 3 with will power
as you fail to understand what i am saying i will no longer respond good day
this post is about the op but lets not try to give the op false information

Sorry friend,I did indeed misunderstand and thought you meant you use gaba drugs daily and have avoided physical dependence. My apologies!

Can you take the benzo only when you have a really horrible panic attack? That's what most people I know who are prescribed them, who are not addicted to them do.

I don't know about where you live but here in the UK they are both Class C drugs (the lowest). Possession without a prescription is illegal, but neither will get you locked up if it's for personal use.
The vast majority of popular recreational drugs are either Class A (the highest) or Class B. GHB is actually "less illegal" than cannabis over here.
I'm in aus its the getting the GHB that will get u locked up a few Valium's with no script n they will be confiscated at best . GHB is taken far more seriously here for some reason

Considering it takes a MONTH to clear a single dose from your system I would say this is not really possible, it is a lipid and stacks up in your system. You would be better off switching to a much shorting acting benzo and use only as needed.

Do you have a source for that ? Or what reason do you have to believe it takes a full month to clear a single dose ?

I know it will take time to clear the diazepam and desmethyldiazepam. Possibly two months after extended diazepam therapy.

But a full month ?

I think at a low dose (5mg you said?) once weekly would probably be okay.

There is a catch though. Keeping it to just once a week? Best of luck with that...many benzo addicts also started off on a "weekly" basis. It can be an insidious drug that makes you feel compelled to take more of it, and can grab you by the balls before you even know it.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just words on a screen.

Can you take the benzo only when you have a really horrible panic attack? That's what most people I know who are prescribed them, who are not addicted to them do.
for example xanax...that's exactly what it's prescribed for.. to kill random bouts of severe anxiety/panic attacks within a few mins
the problem is people take benzo's as a preventive which is the worst thing you can do
again if you take them as needed or when you get random attacks benzos can be glorious
but if you have constant anxiety and multiple panic attacks daily benzos are not the answer and will cause more harm than good
the problem with long lasting benzos like valium and klonopin is that...its long lasting so its easy to over do it regarding redosing for lack of a better way to put it
unlike xanax that within 6 -12 hrs ...as opposed to 30+ hrs