• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Average Morphine Content in Dried Opium Pods

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I'm wanting to know what the average percent of morphine is in dried opium pods?

Here is a quote from Ironmics from the linked thread on drugs-forum.com -

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32035

All of you are talking about alkaloid content in OPIUM, which yes is in the neighborhood of 10-15%, this has nothing to do with the morphine content in dried pods. From one preperation I've seen it looked to extract pretty pure opium from pods. The extract was around 1/6 of the weight of the pods. If this was pure raw opium and the content was morphine content was 10% then the morphine content of the pod would be around 1.5% of the total weight. However, I doubt that it is pure, my optimistic estimates would put the number closer to 1%. This person used about 50 grams of pods, so that would put his morphine output at 500mg....not too shabby.

Also the extracted "opium" is widely regarded as unsmokable. Swim has a lot of experience with smoked raw opium also, and enjoys oral opium much much more.

Ironmics says on average the morphine content should be 1.5% but really will be closer to 1%.

Thus 50grams of dried pods should contain about 500mg of morphine. This to me sounds like a good quantity.

Does anyone know if this is true?