• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australias best "dance" club?

Bass tends to have the friendliest crowd I've found, but the place is so small it can be a real disappointment sometimes.

3D used to be awesome, it's still alright but the crowd is getting worse and worse since they scrapped weekly psy and made it monthly. Now every other week is some shonky house/electro crap that attracts metro's who look like they belong at Famous or worse, *gulp*, Room 680...

Bubble is a big, open venue but the crowd downstairs needs fucking riot control sometimes. I've lost count of how many stabbings etc and other incidents have occurred just outside that alleyway entrance.

For big name DJ's, the sound system and layout of The Palace when the entire complex is opened just kicks arse over everything else. Metro is pretty average, always overcrowded and the shittest air-con in the world. Oh wait, I forgot, they just get security guards to kick patrons out if they're feeling a little sweaty.

Rated E said:
Just checked out Famous for the first time.

Drink prices were fucking ridiculous. Entry line was ridiculous (lucky we had chicks with us). Entry fee was ridiculous. I paid 11 bucks for a sminroff. I actually yelled at the bar chick when she told me the price.

Never going back. What a fucking average piece of consumerist shit night club. I can have a much better night for much less $$$$$$$$. And I won't have to listen to the filth they pump out of the speakers in the main room.

[/rant]

Rant duly noted. Was going to check it out, but....

Jaza said:
Rant duly noted. Was going to check it out, but....

haha, I was still kinda drunk when I wrote that.

But my thoughts are unchanged in my sober-ised state.

I did have fun, the club is huge, so that was kinda cool. But yea, definitely not worth the money. Maybe if you weren't drinking it would be good, though you'd still have to pay the $20 - $25 entry.

Some of crowd seemed ruder than other clubs, seemed to be lacking PLUR haha. Didn't hear anyone apoligising when the odd person bumped into me.

But there was a good atmoshpere simply because of how big and crowded it was.

Get your spam on!

Face it - Bluelight isn't all rave. Maybe a lot of the clique used to be but no longer.

gher said:
Face it - Bluelight isn't all rave. Maybe a lot of the clique used to be but no longer.

Personally I don't think you can listen to Happy Hard or Hardstyle for any extended period of time if you have at least the slightest signs of brain activity. I mean, it's fun for a little while.

However, I listen to EDM all the time, not just when I go out.

House, electro, breaks, tech, minimal and drum'n'bass have so much more depth and variety to them IMO.

Rated E said:
Personally I don't think you can listen to Happy Hard or Hardstyle for any extended period of time if you have at least the slightest signs of brain activity. I mean, it's fun for a little while.

However, I listen to EDM all the time, not just when I go out.

House, electro, breaks, tech, minimal and drum'n'bass have so much more depth and variety to them IMO.

Spot on I agree! I think as your musical tastes mature you settle on one or a few of the genres you mentioned.
And by house I hope you mean *real* house - not the stuff that Ministry calls house ;)

kittymeow said:
Spot on I agree! I think as your musical tastes mature you settle on one or a few of the genres you mentioned.
And by house I hope you mean *real* house - not the stuff that Ministry calls house ;)

Definitely.

haha, don't worry, Ministry is a good starting point for house, but theres much better music to discover.