• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Australian Opiate Withdrawal Maintainance Medication Prescribers

You reckon jumping onto the subby would be the best thing to come off a pharmaceutical speed ball habit doing daily dose of 100mg of Dex in combination w/ 3000mg of Tramadol?? Valium w/ clonidine for night time..

3000mg of tramadol?

You don't mean 300mg?

You will probably have to wean down significantly before switching to any opioid maintenance. I can't even imagine what the withdrawals from that much tramadol would be like. It's like an opioid and antidepressant in it's action.

Lucky you haven't experienced seizures taking that much tramadol and amphetamine.

Best seek advice from a medical professional and read up as much as possible on other people's experiences before switching to subs.

Not sure if this has been previously discussed ,if so please delete post, otherwise this will be worthwhile information to have, for anyone on methadone or Suboxone and especially for those starting out on it, as things are becoming fast tracked and the normal waiting periods for take away doses, no longer exist !

During the covid pandemic, in order to keep pharmacies running smoothly and efficiently,(and without the usual hoardes of lovely addicts ,waiting for their doses)they are trying to reduce supervised dosing down to the minimum ,once a week
We all know how long and painfully SLOW those queues can get while waiting to get dosed sometimes ..so win/win for everyone involved
People who are currently on methadone /Suboxone programs ,the laws and regulations that applied (pre-pandemic) to the prescribing practices and most importantly, the rules involving TAKE AWAY DOSES👍 have changed and for the better

If you have been assessed and considered to be a low 'risk factor'
(Methadone)You will be allowed to take home the max amount.. 6per week & 1 supervised🎆 woo hoo!
(Suboxone) SL BNX: 13 TADs per
fortnight, or 27 TADs per 4
dose & 6 TADs per week;

I'll leave the link below , which has all the info
Definitely a great opportunity to take full advantage of it, and hopefully we see it become more permanent,rather than the temporary fix that it is today

[/URL]

Not sure if this has been previously discussed ,if so please delete post, otherwise this will be worthwhile information to have, for anyone on methadone or Suboxone and especially for those starting out on it, as things are becoming fast tracked and the normal waiting periods for take away doses, no longer exist !

During the covid pandemic, in order to keep pharmacies running smoothly and efficiently,(and without the usual hoardes of lovely addicts ,waiting for their doses)they are trying to reduce supervised dosing down to the minimum ,once a week
We all know how long and painfully SLOW those queues can get while waiting to get dosed sometimes ..so win/win for everyone involved
People who are currently on methadone /Suboxone programs ,the laws and regulations that applied (pre-pandemic) to the prescribing practices and most importantly, the rules involving TAKE AWAY DOSES👍 have changed and for the better

(Methadone)You will be allowed to take home the max amount.. 6per week & 1 supervised🎆 woo hoo!
dose & 6 TADs per week;

Definitely a great opportunity to take full advantage of it, and hopefully we see it become more permanent,rather than the temporary fix that it is today

[/URL]

Frustratingly here in Queensland that doesn't seem to be the case. I heard they were doing it a while in public clinics here (I'm on a private prescriber myself), but i heard not long ago that they stopped that too when covid19 in the state seemed more under control.

So this is probably most happening in Victoria where it's arguably most needed.

Long time no speak guys, i remember when i started this thread all those years ago.

RE: 6TA a week, I was given that in Vic, my pharmacy had a sign up requesting that you ask you doc to give 6TA even on methadone.

I was cut down to daily dosing for a week or two after my brother died in july because they thought i was a suicide risk (admittedly yeah i was, but oding on methadone isn't likely for me).

dose & 6 TADs per week;

[/URL]

Long time no speak guys, i remember when i started this thread all those years ago.

RE: 6TA a week, I was given that in Vic, my pharmacy had a sign up requesting that you ask you doc to give 6TA even on methadone.

I was cut down to daily dosing for a week or two after my brother died in july because they thought i was a suicide risk (admittedly yeah i was, but oding on methadone isn't likely for me).

Yeah the stuff they fear is often really silly.

For about a year I was still using heroin even though I was on methadone cause they just wouldn't increase my dose fast enough cause of their inane fears I would overdose.

Eventually I got a much better methadone clinic that let me go up fast enough and I got off heroin, but for ages they fucked me around cause they had it in their head it was too dangerous.

And it's crap. I'm on 80mg of methadone and I get 4 takeaways a week. If I took all 4 in one hit I am certain that I'd be fine.

Thing is. It's very different with people with low tolerances. Methadone really can be very dangerous to such people and I don't wanna sound like I'm saying methadone is totally safe.

But for those of us that are significantly tolerant to opiates. It's just frustrating is all. Getting fucked around cause of fears you know from experience are unfounded, it's frustrating.

Especially when their refusal to increase my dose faster put me in waaay more danger than if they'd just done what my later clinic did and put me up faster.

I kept using heroin, I begged for money on the street often to late at night, none of this is a safe lifestyle.

But their only concern was me somehow overdosing on a dose that wasn't even high enough to hold me to start with. With making sure I only got 30mg increasing 5mg every 4 days. Rather than a much more sensible and ultimately successful 40mg increasing 5mg every 2 days.

Yeah the stuff they fear is often really silly.

For about a year I was still using heroin even though I was on methadone cause they just wouldn't increase my dose fast enough cause of their inane fears I would overdose.

Eventually I got a much better methadone clinic that let me go up fast enough and I got off heroin, but for ages they fucked me around cause they had it in their head it was too dangerous.

And it's crap. I'm on 80mg of methadone and I get 4 takeaways a week. If I took all 4 in one hit I am certain that I'd be fine.

Thing is. It's very different with people with low tolerances. Methadone really can be very dangerous to such people and I don't wanna sound like I'm saying methadone is totally safe.

But for those of us that are significantly tolerant to opiates. It's just frustrating is all. Getting fucked around cause of fears you know from experience are unfounded, it's frustrating.

Especially when their refusal to increase my dose faster put me in waaay more danger than if they'd just done what my later clinic did and put me up faster.

I kept using heroin, I begged for money on the street often to late at night, none of this is a safe lifestyle.

But their only concern was me somehow overdosing on a dose that wasn't even high enough to hold me to start with. With making sure I only got 30mg increasing 5mg every 4 days. Rather than a much more sensible and ultimately successful 40mg increasing 5mg every 2 days.
So you're on 80mg a day and find that doesn't hold you??

I have had a heroin habit for over a decade. Use has gone all over the shop from like an 8ball a day, to using on the odd blue moon, to completely abstinent for years. The past 5yrs since my relapse it's also been pretty all over the place, usually determined by how wealthy i am (i know what a surprise right?).

All that said, not dicksizing, I was on suboxone these past 5yrs with little success. Still using because like you, It didn't hold me.

However, when i switched to methadone, even the initial 30mg dose was fucking life changing. In my first few weeks i'd often get 'noddy' or sleepy, although this isn't the kind of noddy euphoria that comes with heroin, felt more like falling asleep in a cinema.

I'm currently on 45mg, as i upped the dose 3 times (my doc will only allow you to increase 5mg each visit). I'm stable on 45mg, and I can get by on half a dose - like say I'm with my girlfriend and she's feeling a bit sick, i can drink half my dose give her half and still feel alright til the next morning. The next morning after half a dose im a bit more pasty and sweaty, but honestly that's the worst of the WDs I get.

So you're on 80mg a day and find that doesn't hold you??

I have had a heroin habit for over a decade. Use has gone all over the shop from like an 8ball a day, to using on the odd blue moon, to completely abstinent for years. The past 5yrs since my relapse it's also been pretty all over the place, usually determined by how wealthy i am (i know what a surprise right?).

All that said, not dicksizing, I was on suboxone these past 5yrs with little success. Still using because like you, It didn't hold me.

However, when i switched to methadone, even the initial 30mg dose was fucking life changing. In my first few weeks i'd often get 'noddy' or sleepy, although this isn't the kind of noddy euphoria that comes with heroin, felt more like falling asleep in a cinema.

I'm currently on 45mg, as i upped the dose 3 times (my doc will only allow you to increase 5mg each visit). I'm stable on 45mg, and I can get by on half a dose - like say I'm with my girlfriend and she's feeling a bit sick, i can drink half my dose give her half and still feel alright til the next morning. The next morning after half a dose im a bit more pasty and sweaty, but honestly that's the worst of the WDs I get.

No sorry if I wasn't clear. 80mg definitely holds me. 30mg however did not.

What I was saying was when I was initially getting on it I had problems with my original clinic cause their 30mg starting dose wasn't enough for me and their rules made getting up fast enough unrealistic. So I kept using heroin, which cased me to miss doses and still he unable to go up on methadone.

Eventually I went to a private clinic that listened to my problem and put me up a lot faster.

It was probably around the 60mg range when it started holding me. I went up a little bit more and stopped at 80mg.

I agree that there won't be many people for whom 80mg isn't enough. I had a pretty significant heroin habit 80mg was plenty enough.

No sorry if I wasn't clear. 80mg definitely holds me. 30mg however did not.

What I was saying was when I was initially getting on it I had problems with my original clinic cause their 30mg starting dose wasn't enough for me and their rules made getting up fast enough unrealistic. So I kept using heroin, which cased me to miss doses and still he unable to go up on methadone.

Eventually I went to a private clinic that listened to my problem and put me up a lot faster.

It was probably around the 60mg range when it started holding me. I went up a little bit more and stopped at 80mg.

I agree that there won't be many people for whom 80mg isn't enough. I had a pretty significant heroin habit 80mg was plenty enough.
Yeah I totally agree with you there. It completely varies person to person. I would consider my habit to have been bad, so bad that even using up to 32mg of suboxone would not make me feel better, even if i had completely let myself go into painful level insomniac withdrawal. Methadone however, seems to massage those opiate receptors just fine even with a small amount. I can get by just fine for a day or so on i'm guessing 20-22mg.

Have you tried to bring the dose down a bit once stable? or you're not stable and have never been?

If you were doing alright, and considered bringing it down a bit, I'm sure you could knock off 5-10mg (i assume you have takeaways atm?), try drinking a little less and see how you feel?

Yeah I totally agree with you there. It completely varies person to person. I would consider my habit to have been bad, so bad that even using up to 32mg of suboxone would not make me feel better, even if i had completely let myself go into painful level insomniac withdrawal. Methadone however, seems to massage those opiate receptors just fine even with a small amount. I can get by just fine for a day or so on i'm guessing 20-22mg.

Have you tried to bring the dose down a bit once stable? or you're not stable and have never been?

If you were doing alright, and considered bringing it down a bit, I'm sure you could knock off 5-10mg (i assume you have takeaways atm?), try drinking a little less and see how you feel?

I'm sure I could drop 5-10mg from my dose without a problem, maybe even up to 20mg (down to 60mg). But I don't want to. I don't plan to get off methadone any time soon. I don't think I'd be able to stay off heroin if I were clean.

Yes I get takeaways, 4 a week.

I got on methadone rather than subuxone because I was afraid of precipitated withdrawal and me and my doctor were concerned that my habit might have been too high for subuxuone to be very effective.

I suspect subuxone is better for the less severe habits and methadone better for the more severe tolerances.

I relapsed this year but I'm gonna try and stay off heroin again for 2021. I had been off heroin for over 2 years until the shitty year that was 2020.

Precipitated withdrawal isn't the huge big fear fest people make it out to be. You're not the first person i've come across with a similar mindset. I've had pretty horrible experiences attempting to use suboxone to curb withdrawal after a bender, but it's not like you feel like you're going to die you just feel horrible ill for a day. Not really anything to fear but not something worth going through.

I wish I never bothered with suboxone, but it was easy to get rid of and trade for real gear or money. Methadone just works like it's supposed to. you don't feel crap, you don't risk feeling like crap. I'm pretty happy to be on methadone for life at this point. I'm comfortable on it. I don't feel drug affected ever. The alternative to this isn't very nice either.

Precipitated withdrawal isn't the huge big fear fest people make it out to be. You're not the first person i've come across with a similar mindset. I've had pretty horrible experiences attempting to use suboxone to curb withdrawal after a bender, but it's not like you feel like you're going to die you just feel horrible ill for a day. Not really anything to fear but not something worth going through.

I wish I never bothered with suboxone, but it was easy to get rid of and trade for real gear or money. Methadone just works like it's supposed to. you don't feel crap, you don't risk feeling like crap. I'm pretty happy to be on methadone for life at this point. I'm comfortable on it. I don't feel drug affected ever. The alternative to this isn't very nice either.

I think it all depends on you and your habit.

Methadone was definitely right for me. And I think it's generally right when you have a heavy heroin habit and you don't feel like getting clean is a realistic option for you, and you're prepared to be on it in the long term.

Subuxone is probably right for you when most of the above apply, but your habit isn't quite as severe. In my 2nd hand experience, subuxone often doesn't work super well for people who had serious heroin habits. And methadone is too strong for people who had less severe dependence.

And both require that you be prepared for the probability that you could be on them long term. You wanna think about your long term goals. If you intend to get completely clean, it needs to be kept in mind that getting off methadone is frequently found to be much harder than getting of heroin.

I got on methadone and I've never once regretted it. It was right for me. I had a habit frequently in excess of a gram of heroin a day. I wasn't prepared to go to rehab or try and get clean. But I needed to get off heroin.

Methadone was the ideal option for me, and the statistics show that maintenance therapy is one of the most effective therapies for opioid addiction there are and that the longer people are on it the better.

But it's not for everyone. It's not the only right choice.

I can't blame anyone for being afraid of precipitated withdrawal. I once was looking into getting on subuxone when I had a much less serious habit (a couple points a day). In the end I wasn't ready to quit yet and didn't get on it. But it was certainly something I had as a significant concern.

Can someone please kindly help me for Newcastle?
Help getting on the program? Help finding a Chemist? I'm on the tail end of a 10yr habit.
I ended up shooting up my methadone what wasn't great. Swapped over to suboxone. Coulnt stand the taste so ended up smoking the strips on top of cones. That was also no good (started to fark with my teeth). Sooo...back on to methadone. I ended up getting 6x6ml TA's and shooting them all and taking Pregabalin (Lyrica) every otherday to take the edge off.. Well I got real sick of that quick due to only having energy and enthusiasm 1-2 days out of 7.

Anyway as of today (18//05/21) I had gone without any methadone for 6 days (my doc assumes 3 days :p) and planning on trying the monthly bup injection.

my ordeal goes as folloewsss….

1. Reduce to 6 ml
2. Have your last dose 3 Days before starting bup.
3. 1st day...Get 2mg @ 9am + 2mg @ 11am (sublingual)
4. 2nd day...Get 8mg strip (sublingual)
5. 3rd day...Get 16mg strip, depending on how your fealling.
6 4th, 5th & 6th you can go any where up to 32mg. (that's a fucking lot!)
7. Start of week 2 receive the first injection that lasts 7 days.
8. Start of week 3 """""""""""" Second injection that last 4 weeks.

I have also had experience with a SINGLE case in Australia of a person jumping of 20ml (100mg)
If you can be bothred its a interesting read.

"Bernese Method - Swiss land"

Its a technique that involves reducing the methadone, while slowly giving you a new opiate derivative (some fancy name) and slowly over a period of 2-3 weeks up the suboxone.

Hey all, I live around the Hamilton, Victoria area (on the side closer to the SA border) and was wondering if anyone from there had experience with Methadone?

I'm currently prescribed Suboxone 4mg x3 times daily, I've been on doses as high as 10mg x2 daily and whatnot and I've found that usually only use 6-8mg in 3 to 4 2mg doses as it's the ony way I can get any pain relief out of Suboxone as I have herniated discs.

I do like the blocking effect as it keep me clean but I also live in a rural area and have no connections anymore as I've cut them off a long time ago so major relapse isn't too high on the risk list if I'm adequately dosed. I'm considering talking to my suboxone doctor about it. Bupe is a useful maintence aide for me but it also doesn't hold my cravings well or treat my pain, it's far better than nothing and I appreciate the blocking effect but I spend most days in a lot of pain still which produces awful craving.

I have a few questions for anyone on Methadone who has trasitioned from Suboxone.

What kind of dose (roughly) would hold me comfortably going from 6-12mg Bupe daily, in 3 doses?

And with the take-aways is it the same as bupe where you have one supervised dose then get the rest of your day and weeks doses at once if you're at that point of trust?
How is it dispensed? I've only seen the pink liquid back in my using days.

I'm also prescribed Diazepam 5mg up to 3 times a day as required, it used to be double that but I asked for it to be halved as bit of show of faith that I don't abuse them to my doctor and I didn't want to even have the excuse to take 30mg a day, would they likely take me off these if I went to Methadone or would the fact I'm a long term user likely make me exempt?

I'm not physically dependent (somehow) on the diazepam, though mentally I am for sure and I absolutely require them for panic attacks so I assume they wouldn't but I know the OD risk is much higher with Benzos and Done compared to a lot of opiates.

Thanks!

Hey all, I live around the Hamilton, Victoria area (on the side closer to the SA border) and was wondering if anyone from there had experience with Methadone?

I'm currently prescribed Suboxone 4mg x3 times daily, I've been on doses as high as 10mg x2 daily and whatnot and I've found that usually only use 6-8mg in 3 to 4 2mg doses as it's the ony way I can get any pain relief out of Suboxone as I have herniated discs.

I do like the blocking effect as it keep me clean but I also live in a rural area and have no connections anymore as I've cut them off a long time ago so major relapse isn't too high on the risk list if I'm adequately dosed. I'm considering talking to my suboxone doctor about it. Bupe is a useful maintence aide for me but it also doesn't hold my cravings well or treat my pain, it's far better than nothing and I appreciate the blocking effect but I spend most days in a lot of pain still which produces awful craving.

I have a few questions for anyone on Methadone who has trasitioned from Suboxone.

What kind of dose (roughly) would hold me comfortably going from 6-12mg Bupe daily, in 3 doses?

And with the take-aways is it the same as bupe where you have one supervised dose then get the rest of your day and weeks doses at once if you're at that point of trust?
How is it dispensed? I've only seen the pink liquid back in my using days.

I'm also prescribed Diazepam 5mg up to 3 times a day as required, it used to be double that but I asked for it to be halved as bit of show of faith that I don't abuse them to my doctor and I didn't want to even have the excuse to take 30mg a day, would they likely take me off these if I went to Methadone or would the fact I'm a long term user likely make me exempt?

I'm not physically dependent (somehow) on the diazepam, though mentally I am for sure and I absolutely require them for panic attacks so I assume they wouldn't but I know the OD risk is much higher with Benzos and Done compared to a lot of opiates.

Thanks!
I don’t know what state u live in or country for that matter but where me and my wife go they let her have her Valium’s and she gets 100 mgs a day with 13 take homes every two weeks. But anyways it’s a very easy transition and I promise you will be a lot happier!! I have a steel rod in my left femur and my left tibia and fibula I think that’s what they’re called anyways I have a steel rod from my hip to my knee and then from my knee to my ankle and screws in my left ankle, and my left leg is shorter than my right because of it and 24 years of over correcting has destroyed my back so I have some real pain and let me tell you I have tried every single pain pill they’re is and Methadone is my favorite because it is so long lasting!

I don’t know what state u live in or country for that matter but where me and my wife go they let her have her Valium’s and she gets 100 mgs a day with 13 take homes every two weeks. But anyways it’s a very easy transition and I promise you will be a lot happier!! I have a steel rod in my left femur and my left tibia and fibula I think that’s what they’re called anyways I have a steel rod from my hip to my knee and then from my knee to my ankle and screws in my left ankle, and my left leg is shorter than my right because of it and 24 years of over correcting has destroyed my back so I have some real pain and let me tell you I have tried every single pain pill they’re is and Methadone is my favorite because it is so long lasting!
Yeah long lasting analgesia is what I'm after, I have to usually resort to Poppy Seed Tea, which people still seem to really sleep on, it doesn't have a rush or anything but it's an exceptionally powerful painkiller and long acting, good seeds overpower my Suboxone dose, which should tell you something given Suboxones blocking effect and how much it messes up tolerance.

With your wife's takeaways do they just give her the entire dose to takeaway?
What happens if you dose twice a day instead of once? Does that matter? Does it effect pick up does?

In Australia if you do split suboxone doses then you only have to take the amount you normally would at that time supervised.
So 4mg of my daily 12mg when supervised, though that's the only time I use 4mg at once and usually I do the chewy trick so I don't absorb too much.

Yeah long lasting analgesia is what I'm after, I have to usually resort to Poppy Seed Tea, which people still seem to really sleep on, it doesn't have a rush or anything but it's an exceptionally powerful painkiller and long acting, good seeds overpower my Suboxone dose, which should tell you something given Suboxones blocking effect and how much it messes up tolerance.

What happens if you dose twice a day instead of once? Does that matter? Does it effect pick up does?

In Australia if you do split suboxone doses then you only have to take the amount you normally would at that time supervised.
So 4mg of my daily 12mg when supervised, though that's the only time I use 4mg at once and usually I do the chewy trick so I don't absorb too much.
Yeah they give her the whole take away all 13 of them. She will go in every other Thursday and dose her daily 100mgs for that day and then they hand her 13 take home bottles

I go to New Beginning clinic at Mount Druitt hospital , it’s private so pricey, but the wait list at the public one was four months. I’m on Suboxone, started on 4 and went up by increments of 4, now on 28. I find it ridiculous, I feel no different on 28 than I did at 16, but the doctor refuses to let me taper back down yet. Coming down from 28 is going to be hell, and considering I was only on heroin 6 weeks, I often feel I made the wrong decision. A week of withdrawal and I would have been done with it. I just didn’t trust myself enough not to relapse and I suppose the suboxone gave me that comfort. Although now all it does is give me the shits when I hear the others talking about using gear on top of their methadone. I got takeaways pretty quickly but they cost extra of course.

How much poppy seeds do you you use to make your tea? I am new to it.