Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australia leads world in ecstasy use

dimmo

Bluelighter
Australia leads world in ecstasy use

A national drug report released today has revealed that Australians are the largest per capita users of ecstasy in the world.

The Australian Crime Commission (ACC) report says cannabis is still the most popular drug.

"Cannabis remains the widely-used and available drug in Australia," ACC chief Alastair Milroy said.

But Mr Milroy says the figures on ecstasy remain the biggest concern.

"There is a continued concern regarding the production and demand of amphetamine-type stimulants, MDMA," he said.

"Ecstasy remains a dominant form of amphetamine that is being produced, imported and used in Australia."

Mr Milroy highlights the seizures of 11 tonnes of drugs and 100,000 drug-related arrests in the report.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1351533.htm

In the past 5 years or so

Cricket world cup champions
Davis cup champions
World tennis number one
Rugby union world cup champions
Rugby league world cup champions
Netball word champions
Swimming Olympic and world cup champions
Lawn bowl world champions

and the cherry on that big pile of cream

Ecstacy consumtion.

Per capita we RULE

JoKeRsWiLd =D

*heart swells with national pride*

Seriously though, WTF are they basing this on? Different countries use different research methodologies, so only a global study would be truly accurate.

I'd just like to thank mum, dad and god without these people i woulda given up all hope and become a straight laced kid!

thankyou everyone... we fianlly did it!

<Proud to be a part>

P.S.
Why is there a unhappy face in the thread title?

i think we are only half way there people..

we need to work ALOT harder, to get cheaper and better quality pills.. we have done well with the use.. but now it's time for quality and price!!
united we can do this australia!

yes... lets us all join hands to combine and use the power of mdma to control australia and override the evil govt! muahaha and then we shall head for world dominiation!

Australia "currently" Leads the World in Ecstasy Use

But that should hardly come as a surprise. Music-wise, in the not so distant past, we as a nation were seen to be far behind the rest of the world.

During the mid to late 90's, Britain and Europe together were dropping more pills than a nurse on wobbly roller blades. At the same time, while the major centres of Australia were enjoying the uprising club/rave/dance scene, the rest of our soon to sprout ravers were still head banging to Jimmy Barnes or toe tapping to sexy Slim ;)

Perhaps, like Britain and other early bloomers, Australia will soon see a decline in Ecstasy use. But this will in all likelihood be due to fashion - to quote an old dance line "I need a new drug" - and either a newer RC or an older cocaine will take over as the most popular clubbing aid.

Of course, if this does happen, the present anti-drug campaigners would be expected to take full credit for reducing ecstasy use, while at the same time accept no responsibility for the increased use of the next, more fashionable substance 8)

Perhaps I'm right out here and instead we'll again become a nation of alcohol slugging, rock loving, clean living little conservatives who are all in bed by pumpkin hour.... 8(

Re: Australia "currently" Leads the World in Ecstasy Use

phase_dancer said:
But that should hardly come as a surprise. Music-wise, in the not so distant past, we as a nation were seen to be far behind the rest of the world.

During the mid to late 90's, Britain and Europe together were dropping more pills than a nurse on wobbly roller blades. At the same time, while the major centres of Australia were enjoying the uprising club/rave/dance scene, the rest of our soon to sprout ravers were still head banging to Jimmy Barnes or toe tapping to sexy Slim ;)

Perhaps, like Britain and other early bloomers, Australia will soon see a decline in Ecstasy use. But this will in all likelihood be due to fashion - to quote an old dance line "I need a new drug" - and either a newer RC or an older cocaine will take over as the most popular clubbing aid.

Of course, if this does happen, the present anti-drug campaigners would be expected to take full credit for reducing ecstasy use, while at the same time accept no responsibility for the increased use of the next, more fashionable substance 8)

Perhaps I'm right out here and instead we'll again become a nation of alcohol slugging, rock loving, clean living little conservatives who are all in bed by pumpkin hour.... 8(

definitely australia has followed america say 5 years ago with the dance drugs scene, I also agree that something sooner or later will come along to replace MDMA then many years later people in Australia might catch on ;)

god the media blows. I just cant get over the fact that the majority of people's entire lives are essentially shaped by the media

I guess this explains why the anti drug ad compaign is now targetting ecstasy.

Speech ;
Thankyou very much for this most prestigous award, but I could not of done it without the rest of the Intergalactic Bluelight Federation. Hearty congratulations must go to those leading warriors of PLUR on the forefront that are doing us so extremely proud.

I'll leave you with something special written in August, 1977; US President Jimmy Carter wrote to Congress: "Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself; "

And now the Australian National Anthem

Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history’s page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross