Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aussie rehabs??I want to do it... please read

electicdoe

Bluelighter
ok so i have got of heaps of stuff like meth,ice,heroin,ketamine,dxm,coke,weed,valium,xanax,oxy's,tramadol, and xtc oh yeah and shrooms. Most of them were like once a month except for meth and weed and xtc.

I kicked all of it but i can admit that the reason i have been off meth and everything is because of lack of access to them.

I have only tapered of the benzos like 10 weeks ago and i then self medicated with alcohol all the time. I don't trust myself and i don't know why i always crave something, anything just to feel different.

I see a psychiatrist a psychologist and a mental health team worker regularly although i have recently give up the psychologist because i felt i was not gaining anything from this particular dr.

Im at the ends of everything and i want it all to be gone and i want to stop wanting to be off my head or just altered in someway.

Now im on epilim and my liver function is showing signs of damage.

Im 22 and i need to act now.

So has anyone had experiences with rehab centres?
How was it beneficial to you
What did you learn and was it worth it?

The last time i tried to get into a rehab centre because of xanax addiction and mental health issues. Every centre in nsw, private and public, said ring back in a couple of day and we will do a phone assessment or there is a 4 month waiting list.

Is there no help for people that actually want to take that leap. I felt hopeless that day. I drove to the next town to see a dr and they said go to the hospital. The hospital said ring these people. I was crying in the hall way because it felt like no one wanted to help at all. Even when my gf rang a centre to say i was suicidel they said call back in the morning. Iv'e been o zoloft and mirtizapam and evething nuthing worked i want of everything.

I write this as im on mdpv and i have no self control. I have a bright future and qualifications. Great family that can't understand why i did drugs and mum thinks it's to do with her. I came home to get help from mum, now im off the benzos i drank secretly and i don't want to hide it from her cos she wants to help, n i don't want to hurt her.

Overall i was very dissapointed with the mental health facilities in nsw. They just passed the buck or prescribed some other pill to take.

ok thanks for reading this i know it's been all over the place and long thanks for listening.

much love to all BL'ers

ur story is so similar to mine it almost made me cry
Dope was the drug of choice for me cuz it was the only one not giving me really bad immediate side effect.
I've been clean for almost 2 months.
I got on suboxone, it works for me.
I'm trying to do some meditation and get into Buddhism. That is helping me ease the pain of existence. I'm on the verge of things falling apart but its like I'm immobile and can't do whats expected of me in order to make everyone happy. It seems that with everyday being away from drugs things get better for me physically and mentally.
I think mental pain is the cause of ur drug use. U have to try to get rid of ur mental pain. Buddhism really helps. Get some books and read them.

thanks for the reply. I have read a couple of books that made me make sense of heaps of things and how to deal with different situations, but none that actualy deal with religion as such. Buddhism is one thing that really interests me.

It's like im constantly looking for something to make me feel better, not even drugs. Like i bought a new car, didn't make me happy. Heaps of things.

I think about it often, "why do i use drugs?". It's not like my life is miserable at all. I have a good life, i surf often and have a couple good friends here. Loving family. I used to make excuses why i used them.

So i could escape the pain i had from when i was 16-19yrs old and had 4 mates die. Having a father i don't know which doesn't really bother me even the slightest. But i don't feel like i need to escape that stuff at all. Ive accepted it all.

hey bro

i can relate to how you are feeling, it is a horrible feeling of not knowing what to do but wanting to do something.

i am in w.a so if you are over this way i can point you in the direction of a good rehab that i went to myself twice.

are you wanting total abstinence? or are you wanting to reduce harm and cut down?

have you thought about NA? for me that was the only thing that worked, so far i havent had to use a drug or a drink in over 12months.

there is hope.

hey mate i want off it totally, and learn to resist the cravings for anything all the time..

what part of aus you from?

NA is a total abstinence program and that was the only thing for me because as soon as i put anything in me be it weed or a drink it would set of a craving for more and more and i would end up back where i started...these incidents usually end up with me in jail/touble or back on the streets with opiates my number one priorety.

Electicdoe, your story is a common one, your not alone buddy. I've been to a few rehabs in the last 15 years, for heroin and benzo's mostly. I encourage you to check in and try it out. I know its really hard to get a spot in NSW, esp in a public one, but stick with it. Ring every week and check on your place in the cue, and to show them your keen. You said you have a few professionals in your corner, thats awesome. Use them, thats what they're there for. Be honest with your psychiatrist about your drug use and drug seeking behaviour, they need to know this stuff to get your meds right. I've found my psychologist to be the best person to help me. We're the same age (33), and I can trust her. If you don't feel comfortable with a doc or worker, shop around. I wish you the best of luck with it mate, it's a hard and scary path, but stick with it.

thanks everyone for your help. I go in for detox on monday for 7-14 days so i'll see how it goes.

nice one elacticdoe hang in there mate it gets better.

just try live for the day and get through it clean, try as best as you can not to think of the future or past right now.

take it easy on yourself as well.

peeace

dude thank your lucky stars you got a career ahead of you, most junkies have nay but 50 cents to their name. Don't fuck it up. Good to see you're checkin yaself into rehab, most people deny even having a problem. And i think you need to shift your 'fix' desire to another area. By that i mean the thing that 'gets you off' everyone needs it, whether they like to admit it or not. Some people's are alot more focused on one area (junkies, nerds, sluts, workaholics).

In your case you need to disregard the law or any other invisible walls, they are superficial in this case. so dont heed words of rent-a-cops or authority in general...you'll need this in a few of the options im about to suggest.

My 'get off' is spread over a few things: Adrelanine (extreme sports; skating, MtB) Video games (im a geek at heart) drugs (pills, acid, shrooms) and weed.
because of this spread, i never really have to worry about addiction, mental of physical.

you mentioned you surf, so you like adrenaline. the thing with surfing is that it isnt always there, so why not take up skateboarding? rollerblading? whatever.

if you haven't already, you should give video games a go, if they it the spot, they can suck up entire weekends like THAT! and it also gives you material to daydream with, which i love.

anyway man, just kinda caught your post, and it struck a chord with me, id't be a horrible tragedy for a young person like you to lose everything youve obviously worked hard to earn.

also, if you kick this, if you wipe all this bullshit from the now and move on, thats just another thing to be proud of, and as they say, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

good luck!

thanks everyone i just got back from a 7 day detox, dam it was hard but im going into rehab in the next week. it's a struggle

Good work with the detox, and good luck with the rehab; let us know how it goes.

congrats man, the first step is always the hardest. As for the future how bright that must look to be starting a path where you are in control of your life:)

remember it s the small steps that ake up a journey :)

This post is so typical of our fucking disgusting society.

You'll see every responsible person wanking on, talking about how bad drugs are, and how we need to stop the harmful effects they are having on "our youth".

But when one of "our youth" turns up asking for help, they turn him away for weeks on end - risking a suicide attempt - just to prove that he's "serious".

That's what they say, anyway, but the real reason is that there's no funding. Why is there no funding? Because nobody really gives a shit.

Do you think any middle class person cares about a junkie's life, unless they're related to the junkie?

Sorry, but no.

Well, I guess it's a hard lesson, but we all better learn it. If you ever want to quit one day, and you find it a bit hard, then you're going to have to count on yourself and your own determination, because there isn't anyone who's going to do it for you.

Pessimism aside, I guess family and an NA group could help, maybe even a doctor or two, but in the end this society doesn't really give a shit about its junkies, so its up to them to fix themselves.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, congratulations to electicdoe. Hopefully you can go through with it. This Cambong guy has given you some good advice... every person in the world needs to get their rocks off doing something. You just have to change yours from drugs to something else. Which is of course far easier said than done.

This post is so typical of our fucking disgusting society.

while you make some points about societies lack of imput into the addiction field you are right, thats what partly makes the journey back challenging....reintergration. Also by demonising society all that happens is a greater divide between the two. like how thge term "addiction" creates difference and dehumanises people.

But as for lumping everybody into that basket i dont agree, alot of workers and people who i have met at rehabs, drug and alcohol conferences ect are genuinely interested in helping those in need. but they must also first make the mental shift themselves with limited resources.

electicdoe, i was wondering of your still about if you wouldnt mind sharing your experience with ADD and BL

by way of a description of your journey so far, maybe list what are some helpful hints you have learned along the way.

what has been the most challenging and rewarding parts of this experience?

and what are your future plans, dreams and goals (these can be short term through to long if you would like)