• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus social virtual suggestion box (bitch about Aus social here!!!!)

LOL@eloise ;) i like chai too. but i don't like hippies. just .. their crack! =D

OneTooManyMornings and potato have said all my thoughts, thanks, save's me from having to type it all out! ;)

well, my post is probably far enuff into the debate that no-one will read it, or someone will read it, and take it to shreds.. but hey.. who cares.. in the big scheme of things, bluelight is simply an avenue for me to have some fun..

and probably the reason that i have not posted earlier is this... i really haven't felt the need to visit aus social..

and why?

cause i'm sick of describing in one word how i felt today, which also made me smile, whilst also making me frown, but was also the nicest compliment i recieved lately.. and this word also helps me describe a bluelighter i have met recently, who was also someone i wanted to meet. and hey, i was able to post my most recent picture in the same post.. which i posted purely because i am not confident in the way i look and need to have 1000 randoms reply telling me that i am the hottest person eva, or, if i was a girl, have 15 girls say they wanted to do me.. (and seriously girls, i'm sure that if i put you in the situation where you were required to actually fuck another girl, i'm sure you would wuss out..)

yeah, this thread gets done at least once a year (i'm sure i've started at least one or two...) but it always has its place... mostly it serves its purpose and the "general filler" people (people who come and go, and who you never really notice after a while) leave the board..

but.. occasionally some really good people leave the board.. and that sucks...

but hey, i always look at bluelight the same way i look at my job.. people come and go. you get on well with some people, not with others.. you get a new boss, things are done differently for a while... you either put up or shut up. if you don't like it, voice up, try change things. if they don't leave and go somewhere you are happy.

now.. i'm off to go and laugh at the size of some of the guys penii in the nudie thread....

randycaver said:
LOL@eloise ;) i like chai too. but i don't like hippies. just .. their crack! =D

Does that make you a crack whore? :D

^^seconded!

i'm going to jump on the 'aus social is getting boring' bandwagon too. sure i still post here all the time and it's kind of enjoyable, i'm just getting overly bored with the same topics/threads over and over again.

anything i say is only going to be repeating what others in the thread have already said but i have to say that it does seem as though interesting threads (or those fun ones that generate lots of replies in a short time) just get closed or merged with new threads.

and i still have no idea why the "what made you angry" thread was moved seeing as it fits in perfectly with a whole bunch of other threads we have.

in summation, i suggest we all drink more beer!

Hey, I agree.

I don't know if anyone remembers the enormous stink that was kicked up maybe a year ago when I closed a few of the more monotonous threads to make way for more interesting ones.

I still think we could do without a whole bunch of them. There are so many interesting things to talk about, but some of the really long threads tend to crowd them out. When we've got a whole page of "what did you X today?" threads, interesting ones are bumped to the second page fairly quickly.

The doctor/drugs topic will be revisited, but last week was not the time. There is nothing constructive about one person's brain falling out because they're so worked up about it, but it's definitely something the other mods and I are planned to reopen.

i guess the problem is that the most boring threads are also the most easy to reply to (no thought/effort required), usually in one or two-word answers, when there's nothing else to do at 2am :p

bada bing, top of the queue for 'what're you having for lunch?'

anna! said:
Hey, I agree.

I don't know if anyone remembers the enormous stink that was kicked up maybe a year ago when I closed a few of the more monotonous threads to make way for more interesting ones.

I still think we could do without a whole bunch of them. There are so many interesting things to talk about, but some of the really long threads tend to crowd them out. When we've got a whole page of "what did you X today?" threads, interesting ones are bumped to the second page fairly quickly.

Wow. That's exactly what I was thinking you should do, at least for a while. I've noticed that some of the more topical discussions just can't compete with these more conversational threads.

I didn't suggest it before because I didn't want to seem pushy ;)

Well everyone (though mods in particular) why not stop talking about it and do something?

We dont need all these one-line response threads. There's definitely a place for them but as muzby so elegantly pointed out in his post, there are far too many. We dont need a thread for what made you smile AND one for what made you from AND one for how you feel today - just have one thread. Keep one and change its name to something representing all of the 'feely'/current emotion/how's-your-day kinda threads.

I'm sure there are other places where threads could be folded into each other in aus sociial too. I'm off to look now.

^ Because as I said, the last time I closed them a lot of the people who are now posting in this thread had a few choice names to call me ;) Better to gauge the opinion of the general public first methinks.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the "One word, how do you feel today" thread, because it gives me zero insight into the lives of other bluelighters. Unlike other threads - the smile and frown threads ARE entertaining and interesting, because people are allowed to elaborate on their situations.

If there was one thread I'd boycott, it would be the "one word" thread. (sorry xcidium, that's just the way I feel).

There's never been one instance where I can sum up my situation in one word, I think I've posted in there twice and have never restrained myself from posting more than one word.....and I don't care about one-word answers from anyone.

astrosmurf said:
and i still have no idea why the "what made you angry" thread was moved seeing as it fits in perfectly with a whole bunch of other threads we have.

I moved it because we already have a miscellaneous rants thread PLUS a frown thread.

I didn't realise my closing post was too oblique not to convey that, sorry. :)

astrosmurf said:
i'm going to jump on the 'aus social is getting boring' bandwagon too.

Move on then. Noone has chained you to bluelight.
Forums rise and fall. BL, sadly, has been on the decline for many moons.

wow. All this angst over an internet forum. It's almost as if there were no other forums on the internet. Some of you dumb cunts should wake up, smell the roses and the fuck out of the house, cause you're taking something that was intended to be light hearted banter and discussion way too seriously. Morons.

this thread has melted my brain

I've just read all seven pages of this thread. Ouch. It hurts. My head that is.

You try it. From the beginning.

I'm going to bed now. You've worn me out.

nezo v2.0 said:
wow. All this angst over an internet forum. It's almost as if there were no other forums on the internet. Some of you dumb cunts should wake up, smell the roses and the fuck out of the house, cause you're taking something that was intended to be light hearted banter and discussion way too seriously. Morons.

obviously missed the bit about the group nang.:D

KemicalBurn said:
NEWS FLASH: I'm Australian!
um. we know.

I don't have an issue with people complaining about Aus Social when they're part of the group that Aus Social targets.

What I said is I don't get why non-Australians (or Asians or Kiwis or whatever) give a fuck, or think that their complaints should be treated as being at all relevant. But mainly I don't understand why they even care. Seriously, I have better things in my life than to go visit the social forum of a country I've never been to and then cry because they're not accomodating me. 8(

If you are living in/visiting Australia and you want to criticise the forum, be my guest.

If you're NOT living in/visiting Australia, then again....why do you care?