• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus Events Mod Expressions Of Interest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat: The reason we decided to use a thread to find one was to give everyone a chance to address it and not just have a person chosen behind closed doors. People should get every chance they can to put input into the area they like :)

Guys we arent asking for you to vote for people. in the end WE have the choice and chosen on your input ;)

All off topic posts deleted so if they are missing...you know why ;)

turtles21400 said:
I may not say much here in aus social......

LOL :D Aus Social

Just letting everyone else know, this is NOT a popularity contest. The person chosen will be the best for the job according to Star and I's criteria. Votes from other people will not be considered.

Keep em comming guys. Its good to see a few names neither of us had considered, applying. :D

DJC*

katmeow said:
A good example of why mod applications should be done by email, not in thread ;) ;)

I'd like to be considered, but I understand if you want to open it up to someone else!

Having thread applications is a good way to discern forum consensus, it's no good having a moderator that the rest of the forum may not work well with, so by so called "popularity votes", it's a nice quick glance at the users who people are keen to cooperate with. It's a no-brainer that the person selected will be competent for the job.

That said, sonicnature certainly has got the know-how for events :)

*Throws hat in the ring*

If you require a semi-jaded retired person, then I could be considered then. No I havent held my own parties or lived in 3 states either :p But I can't see how that could make a difference on a message board that follows guidelines.

I've always liked the events forum, even though I dont go out much myself anymore, I still always stick my head in to see what I'm missing out on. I might not post as often as i did. But I read most of the stuff on here, Victorian or not.

*Vote 1, more melbourne mods* :p :p :p :p

Mean Girl said:
Having thread applications is a good way to discern forum consensus, it's no good having a moderator that the rest of the forum may not work well with, so by so called "popularity votes", it's a nice quick glance at the users who people are keen to cooperate with. It's a no-brainer that the person selected will be competent for the job.

True that, but...

Originally posted by DJC*
Just letting everyone else know, this is NOT a popularity contest. The person chosen will be the best for the job according to Star and I's criteria. Votes from other people will not be considered.

;)

But, what the hell...

I think DeeCee would make a fine moderator!

Ok folks...we shall give it to the end of this week. SO FRIDAY incase a few more people want to apply. The people who have stepped up and showing interest are definant people we will think about seriously :)

I think you should choose me.

I miss the status that comes with the Moderator title. I also miss being slack and not following the activity requirements, then being told that I am no longer Moderator. Most of all, I miss the Staff forum, and all the secret stuff that goes on behind the scenes. 8o

That, and I like to make sporadic, useless and sarcastic posts, just for DJC*'s enjoyment. ;)

Seriously, I am NOT applying/putting my hand up or anything.

I would like to say though, that while I'm a jaded ex-mod, it seriously is a most rewarding way to spend your time on BL, knowing that you are contributing to something that has more or less changed your life. I guess I'd like to encourage anyone who thinks that they would like to help staff this Forum, to step up. All it takes is dedication. Respect to the Mods and the people who put their hand up to contribute to a wonderful site :D

^^^^ glad to see youre still around :)

and if DJC* would pull his weight i wouldnt have to make people post useless stuff to get his attention ;)

I'd be happy to do it, but it seems as though there's a lot of qualified peeps already up for the job.

its not a point of being qualified babes...its more the fact of the effort you are willing to put in :)

Hey i've been sick all week, its not my fault. :D

I strongly urge ANYONE to apply!!

My vote is for Mezzedup!! hehe :p

/back to being sick...

DJC*

Ooh, I've been away for 2 weeks.
I'm sure everyone who has expressed interest would do a great job. :)
I'm intrigued as to the outcome.
Good luck to all.

p.s My hand is still up and i'm keen as mustard. ;)

I given this a lot of thought and have finally decided to also apply for this position. I still have an interest in events even though I don't go out much. And think I would be a postive breath of fresh air to this forum. Vote for me and you'll never have to pay tax again. I have no way of keeping that promise. That it all.

Um, i am MODeratly interested (he he he). Yes sure i would love to have a shot at helping out.

Ok my lovelies :)

The time has come...

Im gonna close this now :) myself and DJC* are going to take a few days/probly a week to decide as we both are busy busy peoples. But thank you all for your interest. If we could Mod you all we would cause you all put a lot of work into this area :)

Each person who has replied has given us something to think about :)

We love you all and hope that you stick around and keep us company :)

Status
Not open for further replies.