Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aurorix & Speed?

Dunno

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok forgive me if this has been discussed but i haven't found anything
All i found was Aurorix & MDMA which Thankfully for this site i found or else i could have ended up in a bad way thanks to my doctor not telling me anything about the medication & that it interacts with MD (really scary considering i told him i use E)
So is there anything i should be careful bout using aurorix & speed?
Will i be fine to use or keep away??
Thanks in advance

Aurorix is the brand name for moclobemide, an MAOI. (might help you when searching, too). I also am not sure of the dangers, but I would be avoiding all drugs while taking an MAOI, as it could lead to further instability :)

Ok but it doesn't exactly say what will happen if taken with speed & considering last night i had some with Moclobemide and nothing happened then i think it's safe or maybe i just didn't have enough speed

This combination is potentially quite dangerous with speed. combining MAO-A inhibitors and stimulants could potentially lead to a hypertensive crisis, which can be lethal. A

At low doses you might be OK, but if you take too much the next thing you know you could have a brain haemmorhage

MAOIs are not to be fucked with ... dont take the risk.. if you are intent on using other substances speak to your doc about an alternative.

Ok now don't go schitzo at me but would i be ok if i had 1 aurorix 300mg and an E or am i asking for trouble
reason im asking is cuz most reports ive seen of ppl habing problems is cause they were on high doses of Aurorix
& my tolerance is through the roof so this may help me out

Not even on the smallest dose??
Why do i have a 99% feeling i am going to be fine

Don't get me wrong i'm not diliberately going against peeps advice here but it seems like it is highly exxagerated
Last saturday night i had a far amount of speed & Acid(but i don't think acid interacts with MAOis) & i was fine
I think i will try 1 tablet and an E
see how that goes if nothing special i will just slowly increase the dose but at very small levels
eg.quarter,half,then full 1

Mate, your fact trail goes like this:
- Ill ask these guys because I value their opinion.
- asks
- gets told by every single person its dangerous and shouldnt be done
- decides has done before without dying, therefore it must be fine
- ignores advice

Don't be daft. MAOI's are possibly the single most dangerous thing that can be mixed with other rec. drugs (along with probably dxm). The risk of death is a fairly serious risk.

By all accounts, you might be fine...many people have done it in the past and been fine. Many have not been fine. Lets put it this way...you probably have around about a 10 percent chance of ending up in hospital, and about a 2 percent chance of dying. That is a HIGH MAOI dose and should NOT be fucked with.

Is a good night out worth a 1/5 chance of dying?

Yes,it may be dangerous but i have read of another person on here doing it at very low doses & being extra careful at slowly increasing the dose...
And no a good night out isn't worth dying but my tolerance is through the roof & i really do believe that aurorix and 1 pill will make it a decent pill at the least
"That is a HIGH MAOI dose and should NOT be fucked with."
Did you mean 300Mg is a high dose?

There is no way you are going to get anyone here to tell you this is a safe combination, at any dose. It is very widely known that this is a dangerous and potentially fatal combination. This is not made up, it is medical fact.

Don't dance with the devil just because you want to extend your honeymoon period that extra week.

You have a tolerance, you need a break.

Yes but come on let's be realistic here
The only way i'll have problems is if i have a high dose
not if i have a quarter or even less than a quarter of an aurorix and a pill

Didn't we just tell you that you might have problems at low doses?

Is it really worth you dying from it?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...d&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12603236&query_hl=1
Addiction. 2003 Mar;98(3):365-8.
Related Articles, Links
_
Death following ingestion of MDMA (ecstasy) and moclobemide.

Vuori E, Henry JA, Ojanpera I, Nieminen R, Savolainen T, Wahlsten P, Jantti M.

Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Helsinki, Finland. [email protected]

Four deaths following the ingestion of moclobemide and MDMA ('ecstasy') are described. The probable cause of death in each case was serotonin syndrome as a result of an interaction between the two drugs. As none of the victims had been prescribed moclobemide it seems that each had taken the drug to enhance the effects of MDMA, with fatal consequences. Warnings are needed against misinformed attempts to potentiate the pharmacological effects of illicit drugs.

300mg is a decent MAO-A inhibiting dose of aurorix.

Has it occurred to you that MAO-A breaks down not just serotonin but norepinephrine? Whilst you'll get serotonergic effects, your blood pressure will go through the roof. As I said before... do you really want to die from a brain haemorrhage?

Mate if you are going to ask for people on this forums opinion and then completely disregarde what each person states, then why ask?
There are a lot of very knowledgable people on this forum who have created this forum so that its members are able to minimise the potential dangers that can occur from illicit drug use, if one person here stated yes at a low dose you will be fine then i could understand not listening to the other posts... but no one has.
I have just gone and asked both my parents about this (they are both in the medical profession) and both have said it is not at all a safe thing to do, and they both accept that under the right circumstances and with the right pre-cautions ecstacy and other illicit substances can be sfae and benieficial, if you are not going to take it from the very knowledgable people who are in this forum, then i hope you will listen to the adivise of medical professionals

When your drug use is such that you're willing to die to get off, while being in complete denial about it, I personally think it's time to take a look at your priorities. Just a thought.