• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Ativan Withdrawls

xSound

Bluelighter
I've been taking Ativan on and off for about 4-5 weeks ish. I haven't been taking them everyday its mostly been like Ill take them 2-3 days in a row wait a week then take more one day then wait a week then take more 2-3 days. Well I've run out and wont be getting anymore any time soon. Will I be ok? Should I expect withdrawals? Like I said I didn't take them everyday over the 4-5 weeks. Just occasionally. I also don't feel any addiction to them. I've mostly used them as a supplement to help me sleep while trying to clear my system of THC so I can get a job. I had 21 1mg pills and finished them all. Like I said I spaced out usage fair I think. Should I be ok? Mostly I'm just scared of a seizure as I've heard benzos can do that.

Thanks for any help
-Sound

You should be fine with pretty minor withdrawals. The fact that you spaced things out, is a big plus. If you had been taking for example 8mg of Ativan a day, for a month, then completely stopped, the withdrawals could be pretty severe, with a much higher chance of having seizures. The higher the dosage, combined with abrupt stopping, drastically increases the chances of seizure. at a certain high dose, seizures are almost guaranteed.

Please read up on proper benzodiazepine use and proper withdrawal practices. Stay safe.

You should be fine with pretty minor withdrawals. The fact that you spaced things out, is a big plus. If you had been taking for example 8mg of Ativan a day, for a month, then completely stopped, the withdrawals could be pretty severe, with a much higher chance of having seizures. The higher the dosage, combined with abrupt stopping, drastically increases the chances of seizure. at a certain high dose, seizures are almost guaranteed.

Please read up on proper benzodiazepine use and proper withdrawal practices. Stay safe.

Yeah, I spaced it out, because I've heard benzos are not to be messed with. I mostly just needed them to help sleep as I am a heavy cannabis smoker who is currently going cold turkey to get a job. Thanks for the info.

2-3 days in a row with 1 week breaks? You won't have any WDs imo

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Seizures was my only worry hence the constant breaks from usage, but I'm glad I had them. As I stated I'm a heavy cannabis user so the insomnia can get real sometimes when i have to go cold turkey for a job. The benzos helped a lot. In fact I would even say I like them lot, but I've heard they are not to be messed with so I played it super safe.

You may have a few sleepless nights and exacerbated anxiety, but your dosing protocol is how benzos should be taken. I wish I had that type of control with my scripts.

You may have a few sleepless nights and exacerbated anxiety, but your dosing protocol is how benzos should be taken. I wish I had that type of control with my scripts.

I always try my utmost to maintain control when I'm using pills. I wont lie I use more then I should. [IE: I double dosages to get high almost every time I use etc] But I always stop myself when I begin to enjoy it more then I should. Hence the 2-3 days usage then week or more breaks. I feel that's how I've kept myself from addiction to the many pills I've used recreationally. I feel my love of cannabis is a big factor as well in how I've never become an addict to pills. Nothing compares to it in my eyes.

Last edited: