• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Atenolol

BlazeV

Greenlighter
Hi guys, today I was prescribed Atenolol 50 mg. What is a good dose to start with and what is maximum for recreation ?

Hi guys, today I was prescribed Atenolol 50 mg. What is a good dose to start with and what is maximum for recreation ?
dude it's a blood pressure med, that thing is not recreational at all.

My psychiatrist gave me a prescription today when I said that I need some meds to relax because I'm stressed. He also told me that my balance would be worse, it's seriously not recreational at all?

Last edited:
My psychiatrist gave me a prescription today when I said that I need some meds to relax because I'm stressed. He also told me that my balance would be worse, it's seriously not recreational at all?
No dude, you can check on Google. it just lowers your blood presión, that's it, if you're looking to relax a benzo would be more suitable...

I won't even ask my doctor about benzos, seriously nothing recreational at all? If yeas then I'm taking Lyrica again today. I just took 100 mg of Atenolol and doctor told me that I shouldn't take it daily

Atenalol (and all beta-blockers) aren't recreational at all. They're very good at what they do and also excellent for the physical symptoms of anxiety. But that's it.

The mechanism by which it lowers your BP is by reducing your heart rate (beta-blocker). Be careful with 100 mg doses after not taking any beta blockers for awhile as you will have no or little tolerance. You don't wanna drop your BP or your HR too much, or have bradycardia. Generally beta-blockers are the opposite of recreational. They can actually cause depression and lack of energy. The only thing it will do for you, as stated earlier, is help with the physical symptoms of anxiety (heart rate increase), and possibly some very minor CNS effects. Relieving the physical symptoms of anxiety can help quite a bit for some people. This is a drug used for stage fright as well.

edit: Do not take more than 100 mg in a single dose definitely, but 50 is probably a better recommendation, like the doctor prescribed. You can have fatal overdose from beta blockers. The more you take past the therapeutic dose, the worse of a time you are going to have.