• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc At what temperature would Phenibut be destroyed?

IHateColleg

Greenlighter
I was thinking of taking my phenibut with some tea, but the chemical may be destroyed due to high temperatures...I would assume anything below 100 degrees would be fine as long as it wasn't exposed for a long time...but would boiling water destroy it?
I looked on Wikipedia, couldn't find what I was looking for...

Thank you,
IKindaHateColleg

253 °C (487 °F) = thats what boiling temp is .. far higher temps than boiling water

you'll be fineI found that on Wikipedia in 2 seconds

253 °C (487 °F) = thats what boiling temp is .. far higher temps than boiling water

you'll be fineI found that on Wikipedia in 2 seconds

That's the melting point...different thing from boiling. And it is for the freebase not the salt which i believe phenibut sold is in salt form (haven't verified that myself)

Decomposition of the dissolved or suspended salt in water is likely not to happen since it will only get to 1oo deg C.

Haven't verified this but most drugs can withstand 1oo deg.

I wouldn't even heat it that much...just light heat is ok

Keep in mind that although phenibut is essentially an amino acid (a phenylalanine-esque drug), not all free amino acids are stable in solution. Tryptophan solutions only have a shelf life of like a month at room temperature.

I wish I knew enough chem to predict, but I'd still bet plenty of money it'd be fine at 100 C.

I don't know anything about at what point it would be destroyed, but having tasted Phenibut I'm wondering how the hell it would taste even remotely pleasant in a tea? It tastes very sour/tart....not great for tea in my opinion lol.

Phenibut and GABA are mostly sold in the "acid" form (as opposed to the neutral or basic sodium forms), and acidity is usually what causes sour/tart tastes. So you could dissolve it in milk or fruit juice instead of water, or try adding a Rolaids. You can raise the pH to neutral--the phenibut will be happily soluble and absorbable there.