• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Aspirating smoke detectors xtralis

SkywalkerOG

Greenlighter
So my friend was wondering if it is possible for methamphetamine smoke to be detected through duct sensors. He knows that meth smoke isn't smoke but vapor instead. Since it is vapor and does dissipates quickly and condenses would it set of a sensor? It's pretty cold in the building he works in so he's sure that helps with the vapor. And he only smokes in the bathroom. The system they have is xtralis. They also have a VESDA system which doesn't concern my friend as he never goes near the test ports any how. Any HVAC technicians care to share some knowledge or any one else who has some insight?

Moving from homeless to other drugs.

Welcome to bluelight.

I've never used meth, and never will; but I think maybe you're being way too paranoid about the duct sensors? It's always possible someone who knows what meth smoke smells like could smell you smoking it though.

Also, on this site we do not use the third person to write about drug use such as SWIM, my friend, my pet dog, etc.

You know you might be right. But this is a data center where talking about. Not too concerned about the smell I'm the only one working nights. And the piece broke not even an hour ago. So just bumps till next week. Unless I want to rail but I've never done that before. And then id be paranoid of the heat detectors lol

Maybe try it out with your home detector first?
You should be able to find out exactly how much if any will set it off and how far away you need to be to avoid it.

You could also exhale into a sweater or something, that might reduce the volume of smoke/vapour..