• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Asking all heroin users: have you ever PLUGGED it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Burrows

Bluelighter
I see a lot of posts from people who are looking for help in getting started with H, mostly after IV tips.

I've often suggested people try plugging before they commit to the needle, as with many opiates plugging can often result in a high close to (and sometimes better) than IV.

Obvioulsy, if a new user discovers they like the plugged high, they can save themselves the danger of the needle (or at least save it for down the road when their tolerance grows).

But since i'm not an H user (I'm all about dilaudid), I cant attest to anything!

So I ask my fellow blue lighters, if you're a heroin user and have both plugged and IVed, how do they compare?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Never done it myself, but I have seen multiple people say the rush is far superior to sniffing but still a few notches below IV. Personally I only IVed dope when my tolerance was too absurd. If i have a low tolerance i prefer sniffing because a long lasting high beats a rush any day.

Debating doing a bum shot myself as my veins in the crook of my arms are very deep and pretty much shot from bad shooting technique.

I've never done it, I've never even thought of doing it. What's sold in Poland is brown powder containing heroin freebase, so you have to cook it with some acid widely used in the kitchen like citric acid or 10% solution of acetic acid (or use any acid salt of which won't be a problem). Well, injected it doesn't burn but you never actually mix quantities of brown powder with freebase and citric acid so you would use as much brown sugar and as much citric acid as it should be from the chemical equation... So I'm guessing it would burn per rectum although when diluted, probably not and if at all little. Anyway it'd be a waste if inhaling vapors of melted and boiling freebase may give ~60% of stuff absorbed, yet it's a waste compared to i.v.

The thing with heroin hydrochloride is different but again any other way that i.v. is a waste. The same goes for morphine: p.o. ~1/3, p.r. ≤ p.o. (exemplary article although I've also read p.r. BA is in the same range as p.o. BA here, translation: "p.o. dose is equivalent to p.r. dose"), buccal < p.o. (~20% link), and by rule the dose of morphine given i.m. is 2 times weaker, and s.c. 3 times weaker than i.v. but that's more about general effect and not BA, morphine is well-absorbed by s.c. route (of course in small doses) and by i.m. route, just Cmax is lower and Tmax is reached after more time after injection.

Plugged it once by mistake (thought it was "dirty coke" and wanted to plug that). Had to lie down almost at once. Strong effect. Constipation lasted one entire week.

Sure, I've done it. Kept me well. No discernible rush when I was doing it, but that's not what I was aiming for. Just to be able to pop in the bathroom and get well semi-discreetly. Actually, I found it didn't make too much difference whether or not I used a solution with oral syringe or just jammed the lump of tar up there. Lasted a good long while that way, maybe due to the slow melt. Required larger doses than IV, but only about 2, 3, maybe 4 times/day, rather than, say, 4-6. Certainly better than eating it. I didn't think it was as effectrive as nasal, but that might've been due to situational circumstances. I would say it is far preferable to smoking.

I've done it before, when out of fresh rigs or just couldn't find a vein. It takes an extra minute or two to hit and the rush isn't as strong as an IV shot. It got me feeling good, but not nodding.

It's definitely a good way to do it, but after I've used heroin for so many years, all I want is to bang it.

Thanks for the replies, new users take note!

It makes sense that the rush wouldn't be as great due to the slower onset, I'm sure it's similar to dilaudid, where plugging takes about 10-15 mins to fully kick in. On the other hand, the resulting high is far superior; during those 15 mins of onset you slowly feel this warm, fuzzy feeling take hold, wrapping around you like a blanket; afterwards, instead of the sharp dividing line when IVing between rush and high, the warm fuzzes slowly transform into the floaty, opiate euphoria we all know and love. And it lasts MUCH longer than IV.

Actually, Socio makes a good point about tar - you COULD just jam a lump up there and it would work... The onset would take longer to hit you, but it would also probably last longer (I experimented several times by cramming an 8mg dilaudid up there and not only did I get a decent buzz but it took MUCH longer for withdrawals to kick in again than with any other ROA).

Fellow junkies take heed: learn to love your butt and your butt will love you.

[to those of you who are butt-curious, all you need to do is make your usual IV solution and maybe add a bit of extra water. In fact with rectal administration you don't even need to filter through cotton - just suck up the solution with a needle-less syringe or use a larger, easier to manage oral/infant syringe found in your local drug store (I usually use 5-10ml of warm solution). Lay on your side, insert about 2 inches, squirt at a medium pace and remove syringe. You MUST continue to lay on your side for at least 15 mins while those thirsty rectal veins suck up the drugs with nearly 100% bioavailability :) having a smart phone or iPad handy is a great way to pass the time. Enjoy]

people are really getting to the point where u have to plug it........ wow.

No, people CHOOSE to plug it. I always laugh at users who consider themselves to be "above" plugging - right, a safe ROA like plugging is beneath you, but you won't think twice about literally risking death by shoving a needle in your arm.

Smart! And you're on a harm reduction forum because...?

Plugging isn't about desperation, it's about getting a great high in the safest possible way. Go ahead and with a straight face tell me that a picture of person injecting drugs into their arm doesn't look more like desperation than anything else...

No, people CHOOSE to plug it. I always laugh at users who consider themselves to be "above" plugging - right, a safe ROA like plugging is beneath you, but you won't think twice about literally risking death by shoving a needle in your arm.

Smart! And you're on a harm reduction forum because...?

Plugging isn't about desperation, it's about getting a great high in the safest possible way. Go ahead and with a straight face tell me that a picture of person injecting drugs into their arm doesn't look more like desperation than anything else...

Yeah I agree with you. I've just been hooked on IV, like most heroin addicts so heroin plugged can be a desperate measure.

I hope I didn't imply I was above plugging because I'm not and have nothing against it. I've plugged a whole variety of drugs and have, for the most part, found it to be a safe and awesome ROA. Plugging isn't gay, it doesn't hurt. Too many people are repulsed by it. Oh, well..

I never really even considered plugging heroin, I'm wondering, if you had an empty capsule could you put the heroin powder in the capsule and plug it that way like a suppository? Just thinking maybe to keep W/Ds at bay I could do my usual IV and then put a small amount in my butt a little later to keep me okay but maybe i don't want to put a liquid up there. ya know?

I'm not 100% on this, but it could work. Not as effectively I don't think (if at all).

Really the best way to do is to prep it like you were gonna IV it, pulled the needle off with pliers (or break it off) after you've sucked up the solution.
Lay on your side and plug away.

^I believe the best and most effect method is creating a solution and plunging it up there. Oral syringes and tipless rigs work.

people are really getting to the point where u have to plug it........ wow.

Wow...what the fuck are you talking about.

People are to the point where they shoot are shooting dope and coke, panhandling for the next bag/vial, have no veins, abscesses, infection, collect snow off the street or use toilet water to mix their shot up with, are homeless, prostitute themselves, have abandoned everyone and everything close to them, are on the verge of death if not suicide.

Do you really think sticking a syringe in your ass is a low place to be in life?

I'm not 100% on this, but it could work. Not as effectively I don't think (if at all).

Dr. DOB or BOD or whatever the fuck his name is in the beginner forum swears up and down that plugging his tar (in a solution in the oral syringe) works wonders..I believe him.

I know that my prejudice is unfounded. I know this, but I just do not see myself plugging anytime soon. I think that the absurdity of the situation, hunkering down in the bathroom with a turkey-baster up my butt, would make me laugh and so hard I would end up shooting the solution all over the bathroom walls. (I'm exaggerating, of course, but you get the idea.)

I am sure, no, positive, that others would think I am ridiculous for snorting heroin. I've always heard that it's wasteful and that "if you're gonna do it, shoot it." But I am just not OK with shooting it, not right now. I would sooner plug than shoot, to be honest, but I have no problem wasting a bit of the substance to avoid plugging and shooting.

Last edited:
Why plug dope, but i personally like IV... but from what my friends have told me its better then sniffing but not as good as iv'ing...

Due to many threads on this topic popping up lately, I created a single thread (with a poll) to rate non-IV RoA's and discuss them in one place so we can have a wealth of experience and views in an easily accessible location.

If everyone could please redirect their discussion on this topic over here it'd be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.