• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Article on New Funding for Safe Supply Projects in Ontario, Canada

I love my country. I have had 4 friends pass this year from carfentanil. They knew the h was mostly fentanyl but carfentanil is another beast

I don't think it will be very accessible and people will have to jump through hoops to get it. It seems like they only offer these things once a person is practically beyond the point of help. Most addiction services in ontario just want to prescribe suboxone and shove it down everyone's throats.

Suboxone is great for people who want to quit, it has its uses, but it's not for everyone and for me has only caused more issues than it solved

I don't think it will be very accessible and people will have to jump through hoops to get it. It seems like they only offer these things once a person is practically beyond the point of help. Most addiction services in ontario just want to prescribe suboxone and shove it down everyone's throats.

Suboxone is great for people who want to quit, it has its uses, but it's not for everyone and for me has only caused more issues than it solved
Disagree. A lot of the restrictions placed in BC for safe supply at first have recently been lifted. Even a regular nurse can administer safe supply now and the criteria has loosened measureably so, so that just anyone who is considered at risk of an overdose, including non-addicts who are just recreational users, can get it. If you use you can get safe supply. I think that’s the direction we’re headed. Won’t be perfect at first but it’ll come along.