Aromasin (exemestane) vs. Arimidex (anastrozole)

TrenE

Bluelighter
Hello,

Which one is more "healthy" and safe for long-term use (to decrease elevated estrogen levels) especially regarding cardiovascular health like blood lipids, blood vessels etc.

Aromasin (exemestane) OR Arimidex (anastrozole)?

Thank you very much.

Aromasin generally but I’d go with John meadows methodology using nolvadex if you’re going for health

As swim said. A serm is safer on health but out of AIs its aromasin hands down. Doesn't crush your lipids, elevates IGF1 (which is a positive and negative), just remember to take it with fatty food.

One argument for Aromasin vs Nolva could be that actually lowering E2 rather than blocking it at some receptors might limit damage done by E2 to the testicles.

One argument for Aromasin vs Nolva could be that actually lowering E2 rather than blocking it at some receptors might limit damage done by E2 to the testicles.

Some nolvadex metabolites have AI properties so there is still some AI effect.

Personally I’m of the opinion that if you are cycling at all, the damage in the testes happens inevitably and is essentially irreversible. The same argument used against PCT here is my personal argument for it. It won’t make anyone truly ‘recover’ because nothing will - but it’s going to speed up the process of getting someone back to whatever their new normal is.

Some nolvadex metabolites have AI properties so there is still some AI effect.

Personally I’m of the opinion that if you are cycling at all, the damage in the testes happens inevitably and is essentially irreversible. The same argument used against PCT here is my personal argument for it. It won’t make anyone truly ‘recover’ because nothing will - but it’s going to speed up the process of getting someone back to whatever their new normal is.

You are still of that opinion after the extensive research CFC, and others have put forward regards lowering oxidative free radical damage via supplementation on cycle..???

Thank you very much for your answers. I will give aromasin a try instead of anastrozole.

Some input of research which I found:

Of the available data on effects of aromatase inhibitors on serum lipids from short-term studies, exemestane has little or possibly a slight beneficial effect on serum lipids, and anastrozole appears to have little effect or possibly an adverse effect, while letrozole may have a detrimental effect. (2005)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2361692/

Current data on AIs showing favorable, neutral or unfavorable effect on different lipid parameters do not allow us to draw any final conclusions regarding their effect on lipid metabolism. (2010)
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.2217/clp.10.4