• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Armodafinil & Moclobemide

quasimodo21

Bluelighter
I suffer from anxiety and depression, and currently take 900mg of moclobemide daily. Moclobemide is a MAOI of the RIMA type, so it has no dietary restrictions or other serious interactions I'm aware of. Been on it 13 years without any problems, albeit at a lower dose previously.

My depression worsened in 2013 when withdrawing from alcohol (15 year alcoholic here). It got so bad I had to go back onto the booze (and off the antabuse which I suspect was the culprit in the depression).

Anyway, I have always suspected I have ADHD, but my shrink won't entertain it at all and thinks I'm an amphetamine seeker....I am not. A few years of amphetamine use made me an anxious mess which I do not wish to return to being. But I think my inability to concentrate drives me to drink. I also have delayed sleep phase syndrome. My natural sleep pattern is 3am-10am, which doesn't fit in with my job, my life, or my family commitments.

So to remedy this I got myself some armodafinil. I thought this may help my DSPD and ADHD. What I am concerned about is any interactions with my moclobemide. Has anyone mixed these before? Did it cause you any problems? The literature I read said that armodafinil and traditional MAOIs can be combined under close supervision from a shrink, so I am thinking it's ok. I'd love to hear from someone who did it before. Dying is not on my agenda.

Anyone?

Hello i mix modafinil 200 mg with 60 mg of paroxetine, 600 mg of pregabaline.
And no problem.
With reversible maoi or irreversble i see ppl use amphetamines, ritalin with Parnate or Nardil.
So i think thats no problem with armodafinil.
Shrinks rarely know those things....

Reactions: CFC
I suffer from anxiety and depression, and currently take 900mg of moclobemide daily. Moclobemide is a MAOI of the RIMA type, so it has no dietary restrictions or other serious interactions I'm aware of. Been on it 13 years without any problems, albeit at a lower dose previously.

My depression worsened in 2013 when withdrawing from alcohol (15 year alcoholic here). It got so bad I had to go back onto the booze (and off the antabuse which I suspect was the culprit in the depression).

Anyway, I have always suspected I have ADHD, but my shrink won't entertain it at all and thinks I'm an amphetamine seeker....I am not. A few years of amphetamine use made me an anxious mess which I do not wish to return to being. But I think my inability to concentrate drives me to drink. I also have delayed sleep phase syndrome. My natural sleep pattern is 3am-10am, which doesn't fit in with my job, my life, or my family commitments.

So to remedy this I got myself some armodafinil. I thought this may help my DSPD and ADHD. What I am concerned about is any interactions with my moclobemide. Has anyone mixed these before? Did it cause you any problems? The literature I read said that armodafinil and traditional MAOIs can be combined under close supervision from a shrink, so I am thinking it's ok. I'd love to hear from someone who did it before. Dying is not on my agenda.

Anyone?

In the interests of rote harm reduction: you should indeed consult your doctor, risk of hypertension, yada yada.

From the POV of actual practical experience, I tend to find moclobemide reduces the effect of stimulants and stimulant-like drugs across the board. I've combined it with modafinil many times and never had any trouble, though again, I feel it tends to reduce the effect of the modafinil. I would expect it to behave similarly with armodafinil, but as with anything, our own subjective experiences sometimes vary wildly from other's, so tread carefully and start out with a low dose, perhaps?