• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Armodafinil causing eye problems

armodafinilUser

Greenlighter
Hello bluelight, I have a quite specific question on armodafinil (enantiopure of modafinil) side effects relating to vision problems. I did a few research and I can only find a couple cases of people with narcolepsy reporting vision problem after taking modafinil.

First of all, I do not suffer from narcolepsy and my use was purely for performance and stimulation, I should also note I am nearsighted, but never had any symptoms related to the vision problem I now have. The vision problem I have now is quite hard to explain, I can still read words, but when I move my eyes (as reading a sentence from left to right) I see some kind of blind or blurry spots around and it takes a few moment sometimes to get into focus to clearly see the word. It feels like I can't see a whole picture but only some spots of it at once. Light seems brighter and it seems like the contrast is off. It almost feels like an ocular headache that is constant and making me constantly tired. On another hand, it feels a bit like my ocular pressure is to high.

I took armodafinil for 4 consecutive days, 100mg per day in the morning. It gave me a lot of energy and clear-mindedness. After the second day I started having nausea and headache and some minor changes in my vision. Nausea and headache quickly vanished but I was still having trouble with my vision and it kept intensifying. I decided to stop using it on the fourth day because it was making reading difficult and reducing my productiveness. Since I stopped taking it (4 days ago) the vision problem is still there. After reading on glaucoma I tried to see if taking a low amount of cannabis (a dose without psychotropic effects) could reduce my vision problem. And weirdly, it did help at first for a few hours. Then, the next day taking cannabis would do nothing. So now I scheduled an appointment for an eye exam.

So I was wondering if anyone have any information on modafinil or armodafinil causing eye problems or if any one ever had symptoms like those.

Thank you,

All I have is a personal account and small experience with modafinil. I had some really strange eye wiggle type things bit they did go away. I wear glasses for reading and have found that while on modafinil I change my distance from what I'm reading and feel as if I have tunnel vision. I'll let you know how I feel in a weeks time though. If anything puts me off modafinil it's the nausea and tunnel vision.