• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Arm veins not working

Mydogisugly

Greenlighter
Ive tried searching this question for the last few days but can't seem to find the answer I need. I've been IVing meth for a few years. The last 6 months or so I've gotten myself down to about twice a week. I normally follow safety procedures (rotate sites, drink plenty of water, clean site, NEVER share needles, usually only reuse a couple times, yes I know that's dumb but we don't have an exchange and prescription is needed here so sometimes I don't want to wait for them to come in the mail) However the other night I was on a dumb binge and screwed up my arm veins. I'm about 99% sure I have endocarditis which I'm pretty sure is from having thrush a few months ago and not getting it treated but can't be sure. I have every symptom and my friends a nurse so I fudged the reasoning and had her check me out. My arm veins are pretty damaged now. I was trying to shoot the other night and wasnt getting high. I'd hit, register, push a little, register again, and finish. Nothing. Tried a little higher up from the crook too. Even fell asleep after doin this a couple times. Ive missed plenty of times and know the feeling, so I know that's not it. Last time, I got pissed and didn't give up when I should have. My veins have a lot of scar tissue, some are gone with new little veins rerouting. I'm done as of this coming Sunday, but just need to get myself by till then! My question is, would using another area of the body work?? Or did I do some type of damage that won't let the drug travel? I know already that I should smoke or snort at this point, but instead of trying other places and getting the same result, I'd rather ask first. I've never used another spot other than arms so I'm a little hesitant.

I wouldn't recommend using other parts of the body man, leg veins are quite delicate and shooting in your neck is just sketchy. If you can get by smoking/snorting I would man. I actually preferred smoking to shooting anyway.

It brings me no joy in saying this, but you've hit a wall in the use of your arm veins and sadly they never fully return to the state of what they once were.

You have basically two choices. You can keep trying to inject which means you're going to have to get creative with the spots you find to shoot. It's not going to be easy. You'll have less room for error with the thinner and smaller veins so missing could be an issue that you deal with a lot more often. But it will encourage you to learn how to rotate your sites more often though they are mostly going to be hard compared to your larger worn out ones.

Or you can start using other routes of administration instead of IV. I'm not a big fan of these because they lack the rush you get from IV'ing. But it all depends on how much you want to keep injecting and if doing all that is worth it to you.

Good luck, and be safe.

That makes sense. Im able to use the veins in my forearm still, never used hands and don't want to, but is that why I'm not getting high? Cuz of the damage to the crook veins?? I haven't tried to use those either. I'm leaving them alone! Lol this is my last weekend to try to get one of 2 last uses in so I was hoping to figure it out.

I sympathize mate but theres no point shooting on your forearms if the vein further up is damaged and not healed.

Dont bother.

Just give iv a rest and smoke it.

Keep your arms very clean and get some fitted arm bandages. Hiruoid cream for scars.