• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Arguing with people

arguing is my job, i do it every day, and have so for the past 4 years (and no i'm not a lawyer)....i've had people cry, scream, yell, whisper, and call me everything under the sun. I've even had people threat me with everything under the sun (don't ever try and argue with a truckie).

ultimately arguing is about having the facts to back your point of view. Different methods of arguing should apply depending who your fighting with. If its with your BF or GF then winning the fight is not the name of the game. If you're try to win a fight with your significant other then your not going to be resolving the problem...just causing more frustration

Whilst if your fighting in public, remain calm, have your answers and how your going to say them worked out. Its all about delivery. You could be absoutely 100% correct but if you mince your words up, use incorrect language or fall to swearing then ultimately people aren't going to be listening to your message and will instead focus on your stupidity and hence ignore you.

I am sure there is much more one could say about fighting but I don't want to bore you guys

- l - u - c - e - said:
Ohh I see.. Another one of my many blonde moments! Argh!

Not to worry luce,

you just need to watch more Monty Python. The usual response would have been "yes it is".

potato said:
Not to worry luce,

you just need to watch more Monty Python. The usual response would have been "yes it is".

Well in that case my response.. "yes it is"
And btw, whats Monty Python lol..

Haha wtf.. No, I havent heard of Monty Phython.. What the fuck is it lol
Hmm.. maybe I do live under a rock! :\

Monty Python - Brit Comedies with a regular cast including John Cleese, Graham Chapman and a few others.
I think they did a series at first but I haven't seen that, afterwards they made a few movies ... hillarious. So many random things happen but they're very clever and very funny about it all =)
It's pretty old though, started in the '70s I think.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
My friend can do the voice spot on!

and some more...

"Biggus Dickus"
hehe =D

Yes i argue,
that is all

crystalmel said:
i lurve a good argument - well probably more of a debate..as they are less or a personal attack...ill even play the "devil's advocate" in order to get a good, stimulating conversation happening :)
I love deabting conversations with people too, and like to try and argue both sides of it for perspective. It's important to undestand that the other persons opinion is just as valid as yours, and they see theirs as being just as right as yours.
I try to keep as open minded to the fact that my opinion could very well be changed with some persuasive points, after all the other person is generally passionate about their view for a reason.
Arguments on the other hand I don't enjoy. They usually have too much emotion involved, and reason rarely gets a mention.

My old arguing partner used to be plazma [for everyone who remembers] but alas, he moved back to Canberra and I've never found anyone to replace him.

In high school I used to argue for arguments sake. I do love a good debate and, when it comes down to it, I'm not above fighting dirty. These days I'm slightly more subdued because the effort that goes into a fully fledged stand off is much better focused on beer drinking or... I don't know... sleeping.

i havent argued offline in ages because everyone agrees with me

I am a fairly nice person but if ppl get on my nerves i get pretty angry and snap. ppl have to wind me up for me to go off tho. But if someone calls me a name or says something bout me behind my back then i go off!!

* - Weed Queen - * said:
I am a fairly nice person but if ppl get on my nerves i get pretty angry and snap. ppl have to wind me up for me to go off tho. But if someone calls me a name or says something bout me behind my back then i go off!!

Your the same as me chick, I need to get really pissed off in order to go off.

up all night said:
My old arguing partner used to be plazma [for everyone who remembers] but alas, he moved back to Canberra and I've never found anyone to replace him.

What happened to plaz? I havent spoken to him ages/years *wah*.

Yes i loved debating, speaches, writing arguementitive essays .. and communication units at uni.

I'm well equipped to argue.

Bring it .. Orn.