• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are you living?

I find that if my life isn't constantly evolve or new things aren't happening in my life then I get bored very quickly and depressed. These things don't ahve to be good things either, jsut anything. As long as everyday I feel like my life has changed then I'm happy.

Originally posted by kryalkastleE
At the moment - EXISTING

this is where i am, too.

i'm just too busy to really be living just yet. right now i'm studying and getting my life in gear so that i can then begin to live - i don't plan to enter the stage of my "living" life until my career starts, so i'm happy to be in this weird state of flux now. though it's stressful, and constantly up and down, it'll be worth it in the long run (and it's not like i have it bad or anything, i just like to complain ;)).

Get busy living....or get busy dying! Stands somewhat true these days! Thanks to all for their well wishes. :) Back in the saddle again,and feeling heaps better,fingers and hands are healing and eyesight geting back to normal. The accident was a real wake up call for us,no more petty problems, and enjoy life and all it has to offer. If i wasnt living before..... i am now!! :)
S.

On 28th November last year, it all began when a very depressed and lonely girl ventured to a small italian restaurant she'd never been to before and sat down and shared a meal with two amazing people.

The following night she went to adventjah where she met some people who would soon become very near and dear to her heart. People who are very diverse in their liked and dislikes, very diverse in their lifestyles but with a few things in common - open minds, open hearts and a love of the rave culture.

Since then, that girl has realised that the life she was living was not one that was making her happy, not one that was leaving her feeling fulfilled.

The girl who previously went out perhaps 4 times a year is now going out at least once a month, she has made more friends in the past 6 months than she has made in the past 6 years. She has quit her unsatisfying job, is moving interstate where she intends to get a job where she can work to live, instead of live to work and she hopes to meet many more amazing people and do some refresher courses in things she once enjoyed.

This girl is me... and not so long ago, I was existing, but thanks to the love and support of my new found friends, I am beginning to believe in myself again, believe that I am worthy of being loved and loving in return, and I am working towards doing more living than existing.

Catax said:
Sometimes living is one of the hardest things to do... When all you have is yourself its kind of a scary thought.

I think that's why I stopped.

*Cuddlefish cuddles Kelle*

You're a sweetie Kelle. I'm glad you're making things happen for you but saddened to lose such a friend.

I think the word is ambivilent.

i work 5am till 2pm on weekends and start at 4am most weekdays, so i guess i'm not living

cuddlefish said:
*Cuddlefish cuddles Kelle*

You're a sweetie Kelle. I'm glad you're making things happen for you but saddened to lose such a friend.

I think the word is ambivilent.

You will be loosing nothing, you will have less of me in your reality and more of me in your virtuality, but I still have family in Brisbane and now many friends as well, so guess where my preferred holiday destination will be? ;)

*crashcuddles FoxyKel*

We're going to miss you sweetie. Best of luck with it all!

Haste: I know what you mean. It's very easy to just get caught up in the pettyness of everyday life. It's very easy to forget the tings that really matter and very easy to lose sight of the beauty that surrounds us.

I try my best to always remember to live. Work sometimes gets me down, but I have the most amazing friends in the world, including my best friend and partner, cuddlefish. I take pleasure in the little things: good food (wine & coffee also), hitting the snooze button and snuggling in the mornings, watching the sun set over the mountain, tickle fishts, etc. These little things help to remind me how wonderful life can be!

Like most people though, I still go through bouts of depression and I go back to existing until i pull myself out of it. I think you have to make a conscious decision to go back to "living" again.

A balance between all aspects of your life is certainly very important, as is cultivating good relationships with family and friends. Remeber the things that are truly important and set asside time for them. And take the time to realise the sheer magic that is life!

:)Smiley

Edit: DAMN, forgot to log Cuddles out first! Smileyfish

Last edited:
I just feel like I'm existing. had a crap night and now feel generally fat, ugly, boring. I'm so sick of feeling bad about myself and feeling unhappy - this isn't how life is meant to be.

I hate myself right now. and I guess this is not the thread to say this in but don't care anymore.

^^aww, don't be like that. *big bear hugs (and rainbows) for sunflower*

i've been feeling a lot like that lately, but i realised that it wasn't helping my situation so bit by bit, i'm improving it. and as the days go on i'm doing more living and less existing. i think i still have a long way to go though.

None of us are living.
We are dieing .
are you guys insane ???????????

we are dieing. every day, we are closer to death than we would like to think

the whole living/dying thing is kinda like the glass being either half empty or half full. i prefer to think that we're just habilitating:\

*sunflower* said:
I just feel like I'm existing. had a crap night and now feel generally fat, ugly, boring. I'm so sick of feeling bad about myself and feeling unhappy - this isn't how life is meant to be.

I hate myself right now. and I guess this is not the thread to say this in but don't care anymore.

Sunflower, we may have only spoken on here/msn and haven't actually met in person yet, but let me tell you something... In the time that we've had chats, and from what you've posted on here & brisvegas, both mr samadhi and i have found you to be an amazingly special person who is compassionate, articulate & intelligent. You have such a beautiful soul. For that not to radiate outwards would be impossible...:):):):)

Now, if you are feeling this way because you've gone out and looked at other females and started comparing youself etc... seriously, don't even bother... hehe, although, i've been guilty of it myself ;). In a society that generally seems to encourage women to keep a figure that they should have said goodbye to when they were 14, women of (i'll use me as an example) a more curvy frame, are made to feel like cattle. It's frustrating as hell...but honey, please don't let what is an unrealistic ideal make you feel bad about yourself!!!!

I think a girly-jorgy-pervy-drinky afternoon is in order!!!! =D

BREAKaBEAT said:
None of us are living.
We are dieing .
are you guys insane ???????????

we are dieing. every day, we are closer to death than we would like to think

Why would you choose to think like that? If you are having a bad day and this isn't your primary attitude towards life, then cool...everyone can lose sight of the beauty of life, but if this is how you think consistently, then, thats unhealty. You certainly aren't doing yourself (or your friends/loved ones) a favour. You're only bringing yourself (and indirectly your loved ones) down... :\

Granted, on some level i am aware of this, but really, when i do consider it, it only serves as a reminder to be the best person i can be and to cherish this life as a gift. I certainly wouldn't consider it my primary thought on whether i'm living or existing...:(

Last edited:
*sunflower* said:

Don't ever hate yourself sweety, you are a very special and caring person - and despite how you are feeling right now, damn sexy too ;)

*hugs*

astrosmurf, samadhi and hastey boy:

Thank you heaps for being so lovely - apologies for the sooky post (Mrs samadhi you made me cry! I feel like I know you guys) - had one of those nights where I just felt invisible :( I was with a group of people who are all workmates and go out with each other a lot (some of them are friends of mine also) but they were all flirting with each other and talking about work and had inhouse jokes etc. The two other girls there were gorgeous, thin, young (and nice!!! I really liked them which made it worse somehow) - your basic nightmare. Anyway.

Do have issues with my weight/looks/being single/having bad luck with guys etc, is stupid and shallow. I identify more with Bridget Jones than I would like to, I think.

BREAKaBEAT, most of us (statistically speaking anyway) have a long life ahead of us. Enjoying it is optional but recommended highly!

p.s. and girly drinks at Jorge sounds most enjoyable! =D

preacha said:
i work 5am till 2pm on weekends and start at 4am most weekdays, so i guess i'm not living
It took me about 6 months to get used to those stupid early work hours, but now I find that I can do more things now, than I could when I was working 8-5. Your nightlife might suffer a little, but naps in the afternoon help a lot!

Its taken me time to post in here, mainly coz I havent been able to phrase how I feel properly.

I still can't.

I don't feel as if I'm living or existing. I'm just another piece of meat right now, here for other peoples services and enjoyment.
Love and gratitude play a big part in deciding how I feel, and despite being repeatedly told I'm appreciated and loved, a lack of contact and an abundance of people taking you for granted makes it seem otherwise.
(No, I'm not hanging out for random people to hug me, wish me well or offer to fuck me on the spot. Nor is this a message for my friends to wisen up. It's purely for me)

I would say I'm sick of it and want out. I'm too insecure though to even consider something like that.

I tend to go through these ups and downs regularly though.
I'll take bets that in a few months I'll be all happy and perky and stuff and life will seem good.

Then depressed again for ~this time next year

hooray for moodswings!

ah well