Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Are you a forum junkie?

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
Acid Tongue 829 - Hooked Online - 2006/10/06

Are you a forum junkie? The sort of person who sits in front of a computer all day, wondering if the boss is logging their keystrokes? You risk losing your job, but you’re an addict, for nothing can overcome the feeling of logging onto your favourite website, even if the company’s electronic policy expressly forbids it. And eight hours is rarely enough. To overcome that, you rush home quickly to check if you have any private messages from the anonymous online-pals you have made, or to see if someone has replied to your thread about whether it’s wrong to club alone at 32, or if you’re the only one who sees fit to spend $300 on a fabulous pair of designer jeans. And does depression set in when you have an off-day? The day no one reads your post or replies with witty candor to a comment you made? Or if your thread got trumped by another, far less important and constructive than yours? If that sounds like you, consider yourself a strong candidate for a 21st century phenomenon – you are a forum junkie!

Interestingly, just five years ago, Internet forums were in their infancy – too slow and poorly organised to be a viable alternative to simple surfing. So bad in fact, that they made navigating cumbersome and uninteresting. Today, they are coded brilliantly, with options for fast replies, personal messages, online chat and ratings systems that grade you on your obsessive inclinations. How many posts you make and subsequently how superior you are to your contemporaries, how many threads you have started and what your avatar and signatures look like, as well as the various ways you have opened your life to others. No less, have you ever met or interacted with these mysterious people? Christ, you may as well list your name and phone number online, just to make it easier for us to contact one another. It comes out anyway, right?

So where from here? Well, the new forum junkie is now far more. They are a committed blogger, they frequent store sales, bars and clubs with their online-friends, they are a devoted group of people with an unswerving desire to be first. Their desire for knowledge, gossip and general nonsense says a lot about their belief-set and their principles.

Question is, what makes these darn forums so addictive? They cause grief in relationships and hog bandwidth, they could be considered an evil of modern society, a completely unbeneficial way of eroding the precious time we have anyway. Indeed, where our parents would have played hopscotch and read books, we are surfing incessantly, looking for valuable insights into the thoughts and opinions of people we’ve never met, people often on the other side of the globe. Are we that vain, that we seek endorsement from the nameless? Yes, for fucks sake! Got a problem?

RK

ps- please appreciate the irony of posting this in an Internet forum. Thank you.

From HERE

You know it's referring to you!!!!!! :D

I am an on and off forum junkie. But i've been with bluelight the longest. Been using it from 2001 or something ridiculous.

Gone thru a few diff nicks using it. There were periods of time where I wouldn't use it for ages then forget my logins

guilty. too many late nights. very quickly addicted. This BL site is the worst addictive drug of all! Thanks BL! oh i love this site...
i'm now depressed at how i fit into the 'forum junkie' description......

Yeah. I'm one of the many with the "affliction".....

When I was younger, it was serious. At least 10 forums I had to check at least once in the day....

Thankfully, now its just bluelight. Not sure if thats a good thing, or a bad thing.....

I wouldn't really call it an addiction, i just go in for a casual browse every now and then to check a few threads in the politics forum.

But not that you mention it, I can't stand the sight of my wife anymore after seeing the hot hot hot beautiful amazing fantastically goood looking women on bluelight and I can't seem to stop posting in a regional forum even though I don't live in this geographical region and even though I threw away my computer and had my electricity turned off I CAN'T STOP POSTING it's ruining my life what should i do???

haha that article was great, i think being a forum junkie is probably the best kind of junkie there is. At least you benefit with information and all that stuff.

Ive got IV marks from where i shoot up bluelight
they are really big, those cat-5's dont really go into the vein that well

I'm a recovering adict.

Slowly weening myself off them.

I'm down to 3 forums a day....

yes :(

but I can quit anytime I want to =D

I can see it now....meant to be studying....but bummin round on here. Heh already happening *glances at stack of lecture notes sitting on desk waiting to be studied*

BL is :D good:D and :X bad:X

Thank god I didn't discover forums like bluelight until AFTER I finished Uni. I never would have graduated.

^ I doubt I would have made it through uni without bluelight ;) Procrastination and I are going to be finished in three weeks!

Fry-d- said:
I'm a recovering adict.

I've heard the patches work wonders ;)

I went to a support group for recovering bluelight addicts and ended up here:

pb274362.jpg

I'm going to beat this thing.

Last edited:
im sure id be better at my job if i didn't stay up all night cruzing through forums haha.

- Signs your a addict:

when the forums are down you yell and curse at the computer, or just keep on clicking refresh in the hope that it will be back any second

You start using forum speek in normal conversation

You have to get home early so you have time to look through all the new threads

i didnt think i was untill......... omg that rat!! And i got soo much work done with bluelight down!

..... My names trancegirle and i think im addicted to bluelight:( uh oh

Fry-d- said:
I'm a recovering adict.

hahaha yeah me too... i'm down to 6. The most I was posting on was 11 and that just got ridiculous!! Although I tend to only post on 2 on a regular basis and the others whenever... i'm not fussed.

I'm a forum junkie for sure. I just love the whole social communication thing, exchange ideas and so forth.... chatterbox :)

Although i've been good in the past few weeks. I havn't really gone on any forums at all and have been reading new journals and am in love with the feminist site full of cool articles :)

total junky. .. I'm on 5 at the moment.. havent been this many in a coupla months.