• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Are there other ways of using codeine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can? Yeah. Should? No not really-too much acetaminophen for too little payoff. I was one of the snort everything even if it's dumb kinda users-even plain acetaminophen to try and manifest placebo effect. IMO that's all it did that ROA-no rush, and never achieved a euphoria despite my efforts. I only ever felt codeine orally when potentiated ideally though with the home recipe or as lean. And I did like IV pharma but never did that with codeine-that would be really unwise considering the history of known attempts on record. Never plugged it-just wasn't into plugging at the time so no experience there to site. I think it would be uncomfortable without a shit ton of antihistamines but I can't say that's a sensible ROA from my knowledge with any certainty.

Last edited:
This thread is structured wrong. I have to close it, but feel free to clean it up, not dicksize and speak correctly. This thread was minorly drugs forum ish.

^Kleiner, I respectfully diagree with you on this one, but I know exactly where you're coming from. We are talking about two different mechanims here. Codeine will be broken down from 3-Methylmorphine to Morphine regardless of how it enters the body. There' no way of avoiding this. Hence, Codeine has historically (although not so much anymore) been found in many different preparations. Intramuscular/Subcutaneous injection was once a popular means of administering Codeine as, in fact, there are advantages relative to Bioavailability (it's higher) than by the oral route. Codeine has also been made in the form of rectal suppositories, as has just about everything at one time or another.

I understand how it can be confusing, but first-pass metabolism is not the only metabolic process that a drug like Codeine is going to go through in the body. We're just overly familiar with it being informed drug users. A second example to illustrate my point is Heroin. Heroin (DiacetylMorphine) is essentially a prodrug for the eventual delivery of Morphine, but doesn't have to undergo first pass metabolism to be converted into the active substance, this happens at a different point in the metabolic process.

Heroin, as you're aware, can be taken by really any means desired, despite its well known interaction with the process of first-pass metabolism. Injection, Rectal, Oral, Nasal or what have you. In fact, first-pass metabolism is something you actively seek to avoid when using Heroin, as it actually renders your drugs ultimately less effective. So when you say "It must be metabolized to produce the desired substance", it's accurate, it's just not first-pass metabolism that you're referring to.

I hope all of that makes sense. I'm not trying to do battle with you Kleiner, just want to get the right information out there.

Thanks for the clarification! Always great to learn something new.
I was thinking that if you plug it it'll bypass the liver on it's first round through the body, so you'll lose some till it get's back to your liver to be metabolized

Status
Not open for further replies.