• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Are there any empathogenic downers?

[QUOTE="G_Chem, post: 15001845, member: 360545" ]
MDAI is said to be somewhat sedating as it hits almost purely on serotonin with very little dopamine effect.
[/QUOTE]

Well said. Also, more physically relaxing than MDMA for me.

Edit: sorry for the layout.

Gbl/ghb .

Some benzos are more euphoric than others aswell. I found etizolam quite uplifting but that was mainly an effect of feeling less anxious.

2cb is definitely less stimulating. Never tried 2c-d/2c-c but imagine the former to be even less stimulating and the latter possibly aswell.

Methylone/butylone also two close relatives that are less stimulating i found

This. You beat me to it lol. GHB can definitely have entactogenic effects in the right circumstances.

Yeah, GHB has even been called "liquid ecstasy". I've heard people claim that is a misnomer and GHB and MDMA are nothing alike but I disagree. Granted, they are not chemically similar and one is a stimulant and the other a depressant but when it comes to the subjective effects, I think they have some commonalities. The body high I get from GHB reminds of the body high from MDMA, they both enhance music and increase sociability, empathy and tactile sensation. I think the slang term is justified, at least when used in a context where it's clear it's referring to some of the effects and not the pharmacology.